Shops on Solstice being changed

Orator

Wow! Talk about revenue loss. Please post the changes when the shops reopen.

Not as much as you might think! Only a month ago when we were on the Solstice, I rarely saw anyone in the shops, except for the one selling logo and other small ticket items. I felt sorry for the crew who had to staff those high end shops--they must have been bored out of their gourd.

On Solstice now. Shops are closed for first three days to allow for new company to prepare them for opening.

Sometimes change is good. Maybe the new shops will have great merchandise. Certainly, for those of us who have sailed the Solstice several times, new shops are welcome!

On Solstice now. Shops are closed for first three days to allow for new company to prepare them for opening.

LOL, I will bet there will no material changes.:D

OTOH, At least they did do away with the art auctions.:)

Reports were that the company that has run the shops on M-class ships will now run the S-class ships' shops as well (say THAT three times fast!) Anyway, expect the $10 "pashminas" and the other crip-crap that will look so very familiar, if that turns out to be true.

LOL, I will bet there will no material changes.:D

OTOH, At least they did do away with the art auctions.:)

Only to replace it with something ten times worse (IMHO). The Solstice "boasts" Disney artist Graham Denison.http://denisonart.com/ Instead of an art auction, you can attend The Grand Art Unveiling and see the artist himself trying to foist his canvases off on an unsuspecting public. At least with an art auction you know up front what it's all about. :rolleyes:

Reports were that the company that has run the shops on M-class ships will now run the S-class ships' shops as well (say THAT three times fast!) Anyway, expect the $10 "pashminas" and the other crip-crap that will look so very familiar, if that turns out to be true.

I hope so. The shops on S Class ships are always empty and way over my price range.

The deck 4 shops are similar to what is on most lines shops but of higher quality and price mostly. Deck 5 shops were expensive "designer" stores.

Deck 5

2259150000096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2043336370096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2060860300096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Deck 4

2603679470096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2779897610096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

2473071740096246620S600x600Q85.jpg

Very high end store design on both levels but it appears that the pax look and don't buy.

I hope the new shops still carry Kabana - they did on Eclipse last year. I saw some pieces I wanted to get that were very comparable in price or less than my local jeweler, without having to pay the tax.

The deck 4 shops are similar to what is on most lines shops but of higher quality and price mostly. Deck 5 shops were expensive "designer" stores.

Very high end store design on both levels but it appears that the pax look and don't buy.

Agree with above poster -- very expensive. On the Equinox, my son looked at a necklace for an anniversary present for DIL. He was prepared to pay up to $2,000. Imagine his surprise when he was told it was $12,000.00:( Needless to say - he did not buy it, instead bought jewellery when they got home.

I think that many of the passengers on the cruises are not interested in buying the high price jewellery or other higher priced items. My goodness - that's one or two more cruises:)

Hi Orator,

We look forward to hearing about the changes to the shops. I truly hope the S-Class shops will have improved offerings, with more reasonable pricing. Too many items were overpriced and unattractive. $40 for a Celebrity Polo that was nothing special ? I dont think so. I always noticed the shops had plenty of "browsers", but few buyers. Let's hope for an improved shopping experience.

I wish you a wonderful Cruise.

Not a bad idea!

I bought a skirt at half price on Equinox but really, that might have been twice as much as it was worth!! I do get a lot of comments on it so I'm still happy with it. But I agree with others that the merchandise is just too expensive.

Only 2 shops opened last night. They have a large selection of Effy and Mikimoto. Watches and Men's shop have the same old, same old. Spoke to the representative from the company that runs shops. He'll be going from ship to ship opening shops. This company currently does M Class ships.

Archived