Wait list of sold out?

Cruisedreamer1

it means there is a list if you want to wait to see if a cabin will open up;)

Some people cancel by final payment day others may cancel for other reasons after final payment

It is a game of chance ;)

Lyn's correct, it's a game of chance. It most likely depends on your position in the wait list. If you are number 20 on the list for your choice, and 19 cabins open up through cancellations, etc., you will not win "the game".

Lyn's correct, it's a game of chance. It most likely depends on your position in the wait list. If you are number 20 on the list for your choice, and 19 cabins open up through cancellations, etc., you will not win "the game".

Don is correct, but like the lottery, "you have to be in it to win it". :p

• 1 year later...

Does it still works like this with the waiting list? We wanted a PH but there was a waiting list on them, we then booked the last B1 cabin that was left but there was never any "waiting list" sign behind, B1 being "sold out" instantly after we reserved it!

We are now on the waiting list at PH but I do not understand the system, when it should been "waiting list! after B1 because we have not yet made the final payment?

What do you think about the chances of getting a PH in the end?

Winters Gate;

It really depends upon the popularity of the cruise itself. The longer the cruise and the more days "cruising" at sea typically increases the demand for PH and above. The vice versa is also often correct by my observations. Therefore, some cruises will blow through a fairly long wait list, while on others only the early birds get an offer.

Another complication is some will waitlist only a PH1, for example, while others will waitlist any PH Level that comes available. This happens also with Concierge Rooms A1-A3 also, where some will only wait list an A1 and if they can't get that level they don't do the cruise while A2 may come available again for even a new Registrate.

Don, is it like on Regent where there is a "paid" waitlist? My TA advised us once that people who have placed a deposit have a better chance than others on a waitlist. Still trying to figure out the differences between the two cruise lines. Thanks much:)

If you booked and paid for B-1 and want a PH, I was told ( 3 days ago)you will have to cancel the B-1 and pay a penalty for whatever time line your in.

Then you will have to be put on the wait list for a Penthouse if none are offered. Putting down a deposit as though you were booking will , I think get you higher in the pecking order.

The only other way I was told is if you are offered and UP-sell prior to sailing.

One other problem may also arise which is if your desired cruise is comprised of segments ( 2 or more) is that only passengers on the sub segments will get the opportunity to have and Up-sell. You on the composite cruise of those segments will not be given that offer.

If you booked and paid for B-1 and want a PH, I was told ( 3 days ago)you will have to cancel the B-1 and pay a penalty for whatever time line your in.

Then you will have to be put on the wait list for a Penthouse if none are offered. Putting down a deposit as though you were booking will , I think get you higher in the pecking order.

Since English is not my native language, I'm not quite sure I understand this correctly but do you mean that I have to cancel my B1 cabin and then stand in line at a PH, which I then might not get and thus miss the entire cruise?

It really sounds like a super stupid system if that should be the case!

According to my TA, it would in any case go nicely to book a B1 and while standing in line at a PH but She could in itself be wrong.

Since English is not my native language, I'm not quite sure I understand this correctly but do you mean that I have to cancel my B1 cabin and then stand in line at a PH, which I then might not get and thus miss the entire cruise?

It really sounds like a super stupid system if that should be the case!

According to my TA, it would in any case go nicely to book a B1 and while standing in line at a PH but She could in itself be wrong.

If you are booked in a B1 & waitlisted for a PH it will be fine

If a PH becomes available they offer it to the next person on the list then work their way down the list as PH become available

Just get your TA to check to see where you are on the list for the PH

Either way you are on the ship

Do not worry

Lyn

If you are booked in a B1 & waitlisted for a PH it will be fine

If a PH becomes available they offer it to the next person on the list then work their way down the list as PH become available

Just get your TA to check to see where you are on the list for the PH

Either way you are on the ship

Do not worry

Lyn

However, 3 days ago I was told I would have to cancel one and pay a penalty if after so many days. I was also told that If I booked say a B1 and was wait listed for a PH, then should the PH come through I would still have B booking to pay for and cancel charges.

This is crazy but what I was told 3 days ago by Oceania

Is that correct? I personally do not know as every time I get a different answer.... who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Personaly I would stick with the B because it is a sure thing and you have it

Oh yes, I keep my B1, but I was just a little curious about the system, when after my booking for a B1 it was listed as "Sold Out" instantly without any waiting list and then I have not even paid a deposit yet.

Then one can wonder how a waiting list even arise? Or have I missed something here?

Oh yes, I keep my B1, but I was just a little curious about the system, when after my booking for a B1 it was listed as "Sold Out" instantly without any waiting list and then I have not even paid a deposit yet.

Then one can wonder how a waiting list even arise? Or have I missed something here?

If you have not paid a deposit you are not on the cruise :eek:

The waitlist system is complicated only those in the booking dept know how it works :D

However, 3 days ago I was told I would have to cancel one and pay a penalty if after so many days. I was also told that If I booked say a B1 and was wait listed for a PH, then should the PH come through I would still have B booking to pay for and cancel charges.

This is crazy but what I was told 3 days ago by Oceania

In July 2010 we were booked in an A3 (actually, if I'm correct it was a guaranty but we did get it) -- also wait listed for a PH. That PH never became available because this was a very popular itinerary. We didn't have to cancel the A3 in order to be waitlisted for the PH. That DOES sound crazy!

Of course, the rules could have changed in the past three years.

Mura

Oh yes I´m for sure on the cruise, I think it´s some domestic rule here that you have the right to book and then that have a few days to think over the decision before you pay deposit.

Ok yes I think you have 7 days then your deposit must be paid

I would make sure you do not miss the deadline if the cruise is selling out

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Don, is it like on Regent where there is a "paid" waitlist? My TA advised us once that people who have placed a deposit have a better chance than others on a waitlist. Still trying to figure out the differences between the two cruise lines. Thanks much:)

Not Don but maybe can answer your question.

Unless things have changed (I have not waitlisted in a while) there are two waitlists, paid a deposit and just a request. Confusing to consumers.

If you pay a deposit your invoice will show PRIORITY wait list #. What I understand is once all the priority waitlists are filled, or declined, then offers are made in order to the 'not priority' wait list. I see little value in this 'other' list

We've been booked in a PH and we wait listed for an Oceania Suite-made a deposit for the PH. When the wait list cleared we were asked to pay an the extra amount only for the "O" Suite deposit. That's it, never asking for a penalty for cancelling the PH.

Rick

Does it still works like this with the waiting list? We wanted a PH but there was a waiting list on them, we then booked the last B1 cabin that was left but there was never any "waiting list" sign behind, B1 being "sold out" instantly after we reserved it!

We are now on the waiting list at PH but I do not understand the system, when it should been "waiting list! after B1 because we have not yet made the final payment?

What do you think about the chances of getting a PH in the end?

Just to confuse you a little more..it would not be a wait list after the last one is sold it would be a guarantee..

Jancruz1