How would you feel if Princess upgraded you from a balcony to a Window Suite?

burm

On another thread, we have been discussing dubious upgrades and the new ability to request an upgrade only to a higher category, such as a balcony to a mini suite as opposed to a higher grade balcony in what Princess considers to be a superior location but we might not.

Someone wondered about the possibility of ending up in a Window Suite, to some a wonderful upgrade from a standard balcony, to others like myself a move that would have me pretty upset. I need my balcony!

So, people, would you be happy to move from a typical balcony cabin to a more spacious and luxurious suite WITH NO BALCONY?

I have never heard of Princess upgrading people from balconies or mini suites to window suites.

Those who have reported getting window suites are upgrades from outside/oceanview cabins.

-------

This is sort of what happens on the Coral Princess. There are 2 (or 4 - can't remember) mini suites that don't have balconies. The people who are upgraded to these are from ocean view cabins.

On another thread, we have been discussing dubious upgrades and the new ability to request an upgrade only to a higher category, such as a balcony to a mini suite as opposed to a higher grade balcony in what Princess considers to be a superior location but we might not.

Someone wondered about the possibility of ending up in a Window Suite, to some a wonderful upgrade from a standard balcony, to others like myself a move that would have me pretty upset. I need my balcony!

So, people, would you be happy to move from a typical balcony cabin to a more spacious and luxurious suite WITH NO BALCONY?

From posts I have noticed, there have been OV cabins upgraded to WS but I have not read posts of balcony or mini-suite cabins being upgraded to WS or else those upgraded had no problems and didn't post. We will be in our first WS on the Golden next month, which we were able to book for less than the past passenger Launch pricing for the cheapest OV. One of those flukes of the Princess pricing system. We have always had a balcony so I can let you know after our cruise. Only the Grand, Golden and Caribbean have WS so unless you are on one of those three, your chance of an upgrade to a WS is zero.

I have never heard of Princess upgrading people from balconies or mini suites to window suites.

Those who have reported getting window suites are upgrades from outside/oceanview cabins.

-------

This is sort of what happens on the Coral Princess. There are 2 (or 4 - can't remember) mini suites that don't have balconies. The people who are upgraded to these are from ocean view cabins.

I believe there are actually 12 minis without balconys on Island and Coral.

-------

I've seen the window suites and they are lovely.

Sali

I would be pretty upset about it. If I were content to cruise without a balcony, I would have booked an oceanview to begin with and saved money (unless I got a deal like the previous poster.:)).

I would prefer a balcony regardless of itinerary.

I'd love a WS. A balcony is no longer as attractive to me with the new, rock hard furniture that you can't sit on comfortably. No more relaxing on a balcony unless you have the old furniture. Even putting a pillow on the chair to sit on didn't help much. :(

That's a tough one. After my first cruise, I have always done at least a balcony. Sometimes I could afford a suite. The suite perks are really great. I think I would miss the balcony, but I would try it.

... This is sort of what happens on the Coral Princess. There are 2 (or 4 - can't remember) mini suites that don't have balconies. The people who are upgraded to these are from ocean view cabins.
We can split the difference as there are 8 mini-suites without balcony, four each on Baja and Caribe decks.

I'd love a WS. A balcony is no longer as attractive to me with the new, rock hard furniture that you can't sit on comfortably. No more relaxing on a balcony unless you have the old furniture. Even putting a pillow on the chair to sit on didn't help much. :(

I tend to agree. I hated the new furniture.

...So, people, would you be happy to move from a typical balcony cabin to a more spacious and luxurious suite WITH NO BALCONY?

It would all depend on the itinerary. Late fall in Iceland and Greenland it would be a godsend. Around the Horn of South America it would not be welcomed.

It would all depend on the itinerary. Late fall in Iceland and Greenland it would be a godsend. Around the Horn of South America it would not be welcomed.

I am doing the cruise round the Horn. We are in a mini. Did you use your balcony a lot? :)

In the recent sale ( through tomorrow) we were able to rebook from a balcony to a mini-suite with balcony for a reasonable cost. I dont think we would have taken the window suite if offered. Pauline really likes having a balcony.

Garry ( panama )

We enjoy our balcony so much that we would be very disappointed if we were upgraded to any cabin without one.

We book early in order to be able to select the category and location of our cabin...almost always Caribe deck aft of the aft elevators. We always specify no upgrades because Princess' idea of an upgrade would very likely not be the same as ours.

Lew

Archived