Are future cruise certificates really being discontinued after this month?

rwilk1129

Crapola!! I was going to buy 2 on the Spirit 2 weeks ago, but dh said "let's wait till we sail on the Breeze during Christmas, and buy them then." That's what I get for listening to him. (for once!!:p:D)

Too funny!!! We were going to get a couple in February guess that will not be happening. :rolleyes:

The address is cclsales@carnival.com

My letter:

Dear Carnival,

I am very disappointed to hear the Future Carnival Vacation program is being discontinued. I'm exclusively a Carnival cruiser with 4 sailed and 1 booked. The FCC along with my share holder credit made the difference in choosing Carnival for furture cruises.

Without the extra value of the FCC, I will definately be looking at other cruise lines. Booking while on board is of no benefit to me as I need to have vacation time approved and it can't be done that far in advance.

Sincerely,

name

VIFP#xxxx

Here is the latest news on the upcoming discontinuation of the Future Carnival Vacations certificate program. The decision to discontinue this program was made based on the economic performance of the program. For all sailings departing on or after September 27, 2012 we will no longer offer the Future Carnival Vacations certificate for purchase. All outstanding certificates will be honored up to the expiration date printed on the face of the certificate. While the certificate offer will be discontinued fleet wide, you willl still be offered the convenience of making a confirmed booking onboard during their cruise. Loyalty & Cruise Experts will assist guests in booking their next cruise at the Future Carnival Vacations desk on all ships, except for the Carnival Imagination, Inspiration, Sensation, Spirit and Victory. Guests will be able to select the ship and sail date of their next cruise, and will receive an Onboard Credit of up to $200 per stateroom for their next sailing. The Onboard Credit can be used in conjunction with any other promotion, excluding interline, friends & family and employee reduced rate travel.

UGGGGGG I sail September 30, 2012 and was going to buy 4 !!!!

so its just the certificates gone.. you can still book onboard and get OBC??

Everyone has to bring their own OAR!!icon9.gif

yeah, that would suck, LOL!!!!

Next is is going to be

$1.00 a minute for shower use $1.50 if you want hot water

Please insert quater to use potty, you want toilet paper that will be another quater a sheet (use sparingly)

You want to watch TV that will be another $5.00 every minute after 10 minutes will cost you 50 cents.

That is what you feel like sometimes. Unfortunately it is not going to stop if anything most likely get worse... :eek:

so its just the certificates gone.. you can still book onboard and get OBC??

I read it that if you book onboard, you can still get the credit. My problem is that 1- I don't want to shell out $500 for a deposit when I am on a cruise and 2- I don't know what cruise I would like to book. When I get home from a cruise I start thinking about another one and then make my decision.

I just think this is another reason some of us will book other lines. I have a Dream cruise booked for November and January, but after that, who knows? Once again, it's Carnival's way of getting their market, the new cruiser, to sail with them and to hell with the longtime cruiser who knows what used to be.

Just another little disappointment from Carnival.

WE are sailing in Jan. and we were going to sail next year and take all 5 young adults with us. So we were going to purchase another on this upcoming cruise. Carnival was always the best cruise for the money but that is starting to change. I think we will look into taking the 7 of us on another line. We have always booked the Vista Suites or Grand Suites so we are not cheap, but

since they have no perks anymore I think we will look elsewhere to see if we can start earning perks thru another line.

It was free money. What other cruise line offers? I'm thinking none.

Some incentive for booking a cruise while on a cruise is more typical and Carnival is simply aligning themselves with the industry and being more competitive. Hardly a cutback.

Seriously you dont know that other cruiselines offer similar to FCCs. I know you are a carnival only cheerleader, but surely your knowledge is not this limited of other lines.

Even Princess does it, I turned one back in to book Carnival... but I know RCL also has them etc.

I would not be surprised if other lines also offer them.

This is not the time for cheerleading.. to me this is money out of my pocket and a bad thing. The other changes .. no biggie, but this is one that will affect my pocket book to the point I might think twice about booking again if I run out of FCCs.

I will probably buy 2 more on 9/23 conquest .. but after that.. who knows.

Now everyone will have their meltdowns over this and rant and rave and threaten to leave yet again. (If you've all decided to leave, then I just don't understand why you continue to spend so much time on the Carnival board. When I had my HAL cruise booked, I was on that board, not here!)

Anyway, yeah, I was going to buy one and try to apply it to my repo, but I guess not.

Not the end of the world. No, really. It isn't. But gripe away! I know how much y'all enjoy it!! :rolleyes:

And now matter how everyone insists they get great prices on other lines, I never, ever find cruises that match the itineraries I like and the prices I can get on Carnival. That's before any OBC.

Archived