Royal and Celebrity ... Crown & Anchor question

MMOMOM

We are Diamond with Royal Caribbean and have never cruised Celebrity. I just got notice of a very nice deal with Celebrity for their new ship, the Reflection, for next year. Now, we always book a Jr. Suite and get the $200 off the cabin price for being Crown and Anchor members. I've been told the two loyalty programs are connected but I'm not sure of the rules. If I book a suite with Celebrity can I still get the $200 off the cabin price? Or is this something I need to contact Royal and/or Celebrity? Thanx!:)

We are Diamond with Royal Caribbean and have never cruised Celebrity. I just got notice of a very nice deal with Celebrity for their new ship, the Reflection, for next year. Now, we always book a Jr. Suite and get the $200 off the cabin price for being Crown and Anchor members. I've been told the two loyalty programs are connected but I'm not sure of the rules. If I book a suite with Celebrity can I still get the $200 off the cabin price? Or is this something I need to contact Royal and/or Celebrity? Thanx!:)

No!

Also, when we were on the Oasis in May we purchased a Future Cruise Certificate which we had actually planned on using next year, but if we go ahead with this Celebrity deal .... I'm pretty sure there is no expiration on the FCC and I can use it later ... its that correct does anyone know?

No!

LOL! Well, that was fast and to the point!! :) That thinking did sound too good to be true, but thanx for the reply. So, actually, there's really no benefit to going with Celebrity and having the Diamond status on RCCI? Other than the nice deal and experience, of course! ;)

With Celebrity and RCCL's lowyalty programs, you get reciprocal onboard perks, at the different levels. Diamond and up are Elite on Celebrity (and vice versa, Elite on Celebrity gets Diamond status on RCCL), the lower levels equal Select or Classic on Celebrity. You have to contact Celebrity (or RCCL in reverse) with your Crown & Anchor number to receive the corresponding Captain's Club number. It does not happen automatically. Celebrity does not offer the same perks as RCCL - there is no set amount off cabins on Celebrity, and things like that. There are same category upgrades, etc. You can see the perks available at the Celebrity website.

the onboard perks are pretty good too: laundry, internet minutes, cocktail hours, breakfasts, etc. Cruises on each line do not accrue credit on the other line - a cruise on Celebrity will not earn you credit on RCCL and in reverse. You only earn the credit on the line you actually sail. Enjoy.

Thanx! Good info ... will probably still look into the Reflection ... but keep the option open with RCCI and the Future Cruise Certificate and probably the 'best price/itinerary' will win out! Appreciate the info! We had such a wonderful time on the Oasis!:)

Thanx! Good info ... will probably still look into the Reflection ... but keep the option open with RCCI and the Future Cruise Certificate and probably the 'best price/itinerary' will win out! Appreciate the info! We had such a wonderful time on the Oasis!:)

But you can use the FCC for your Reflection cruise and buy a new one on the cruise. You will get OBC depending on the length of the cruise.

True - the is no balcony discount with Celebrity, but our recent Solstice cruise without a balcony discount was nearly the same price as a Freedom sailing ( same week, similar, similar balcony cabin) .

There are many Elite benefits in addition to a cocktail hour ( well more like 2 hours) . There is a lovely high tea, a cocktail party with officers, special tours and many coupons similar to what RCCL offers. ( some better )

Elite benefits include a continental breakfast with complimentary specialty coffees as well as bloody marys and mimosas.

We were overwhelmed with what we received for our first Celebrity cruise.

enjoy

M

Really?!! Well, that sounds really good! I am definitely going to check that out! That $100 OBC with the FCC would be wonderful on the Celebrity .... not to mention the cocktail hours. I don't drink, but my husband loved using the Diamond lounge on the Oasis before dinner every night. This is great information .... plus, as I already said, the price I was looking at for this Celebrity cruise isn't all that bad ... definitely a possibility and liking all the bennies! We've really only done Holland and RCCI, not sure why we've never made it on Celebrity, but we haven't .... and this next cruise on Carnival (long story on why we are going) is mostly because of the price, timing and circumstances. Haven't done Carnival since our very first time years ago when we just wanted to 'try' cruising to see if we liked it and did a short 4 day thing. I've been on the boards over there and must say I'm a little bit apprehensive .... that board alone is scary!! LOL!! However, I know we will have a good time and am looking forward to it .... but I'm checking out Celebrity and the FCC today! Thanx guys!! :)

But you can use the FCC for your Reflection cruise and buy a new one on the cruise. You will get OBC depending on the length of the cruise.

No, there's no cross-acceptance of future cruise certificates between lines. RCL's certificates are only good for RCL cruises. You'd need to have a Celebrity certificate.

No, there's no cross-acceptance of future cruise certificates between lines. RCL's certificates are only good for RCL cruises. You'd need to have a Celebrity certificate.

You might be right. I was a bit confused but now I remember since I'm not an official US resident I wasn't allowed to buy the FCC, but had to book a cruise and could change it as often as I wanted between the 2 lines and keeping the OBC.

Oh well, that's too bad ... but still not a bad deal getting the Elite benefits on Celebrity .... I'm looking there ... but still keeping RCCI certificate open ... when we purchased it they said there was no expiration ... hope that still holds true! :)

Really?!! Well, that sounds really good! I am definitely going to check that out! That $100 OBC with the FCC would be wonderful on the Celebrity .... not to mention the cocktail hours. I don't drink, but my husband loved using the Diamond lounge on the Oasis before dinner every night. This is great information .... plus, as I already said, the price I was looking at for this Celebrity cruise isn't all that bad ... definitely a possibility and liking all the bennies! We've really only done Holland and RCCI, not sure why we've never made it on Celebrity, but we haven't .... and this next cruise on Carnival (long story on why we are going) is mostly because of the price, timing and circumstances. Haven't done Carnival since our very first time years ago when we just wanted to 'try' cruising to see if we liked it and did a short 4 day thing. I've been on the boards over there and must say I'm a little bit apprehensive .... that board alone is scary!! LOL!! However, I know we will have a good time and am looking forward to it .... but I'm checking out Celebrity and the FCC today! Thanx guys!! :)

One interesting thing we learned was Celebrity does not have the Diamond cocktail party the first night. But they do allow you to bring wine onboard unlike RCCL. We are Diamonds on RCCL, when I called long ago to book Reflection inaugural 3 nite sailing, the reservation person, took my C& A number and registered an account for me and one for my daughter immediately. When I finally got around to signing into the account a few days later, it was all there, my Captain number showing Elite. I was quite impressed. Others had mentioned you had to do at least one sailing before you are recognized on Celebrity. So that is not true at all - take the cruise and enjoy. I've also noticed prices do seem a tad higher on Celebrity but I'm sure much of the riff raff isn't onboard. I look forward to my Dec. 5 sailing.

We cruised a few times on Celebrity which we did enjoy but then just started cruising on RCI. Just after we turned Diamond, we got an email ad from Celebrity that listed our Captain's Club number and Elite status, so I guess they have some way of cross-referencing since we never notified them.

• 2 weeks later...

With Celebrity and RCCL's loyalty programs do cruise nights with one line count towards the others? For example if I had 5 nights to go to move up a level with RCCL, would a 5 night cruise on Celebrity be counted? I think they are owned by the same company aren't they?:confused:

Thanks

With Celebrity and RCCL's loyalty programs do cruise nights with one line count towards the others? For example if I had 5 nights to go to move up a level with RCCL, would a 5 night cruise on Celebrity be counted? I think they are owned by the same company aren't they?:confused:

Thanks

They are owned by the same company but nights on one line do not count toward status on the other line. You would have to cruise 5 nights on RCCL to move up a level on RCCL.

The elite perks with Celebrity are definitely nice. Sure ... there are a few nights where cocktails are not offered (first night, welcome back), but otherwise it is very nice. I really enjoy Michael's in the morning with fresh-squeezed OJ (something even D+ can't get for free on RCI).

Before we booked our first Celebrity cruise, we very simply called up Captain's Club and asked them to create an account for us and note that we were Diamond with RCI. Elite on first cruise, no fuss, no muss.

You can find your "X" Elite benifites here http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do#captains_club_tier_elite/captainsclub/membershipTierDetails.do%3Fpagename=captains_club_tier_elite

Not all the benefits are the same with both lines. For instance Celebrity does not generally offer the balcony discount. They do sometimes have an “upgrade within the same category” offer. They have a nightly cocktail hour ( shorter hours than RCCL and only 5 nights on a 7 night sailing) and have many similar or better benefits.

enjoy

M

• 11 months later...

One interesting thing we learned was Celebrity does not have the Diamond cocktail party the first night. But they do allow you to bring wine onboard unlike RCCL

That policy changed recently. You can take a bottle of wine per adult on RCCL now.

Oh well, that's too bad ... but still not a bad deal getting the Elite benefits on Celebrity .... I'm looking there ... but still keeping RCCI certificate open ... when we purchased it they said there was no expiration ... hope that still holds true! :)

I was able to use a FCC from Celebrity on a RCCL cruise. I was told that as long as it had not been assigned to a specific ship, it was interchangeable.

Chris

One interesting thing we learned was Celebrity does not have the Diamond cocktail party the first night. But they do allow you to bring wine onboard unlike RCCL

That policy changed recently. You can take a bottle of wine per adult on RCCL now.

You resurrected a thread that is over a year old. We all know the policy changed as did many changed.

Archived