Enchantment decks staying the same?

villauk

After the upgrading next year, will Enchantment have the same cabin numbers? Want to book but thought I'd better check on here first. I'm sure I recall other vision class ships had different cabin numbers once their refurbishment had taken place :confused:. Particularly interested in the D2 cabins mid ship. Thanks.

Enchantment was the one with the major changes in cabin numbers in 2005 when they did the stretch. I'd be fairly surprised if there were any changes in that area this time around.

If you are a C&A member, I'd say give them a call and see what they tell you. Midship is where the stretch cabins are all located too.

Enchantment was the one with the major changes in cabin numbers in 2005 when they did the stretch. I'd be fairly surprised if there were any changes in that area this time around.

If you are a C&A member, I'd say give them a call and see what they tell you. Midship is where the stretch cabins are all located too.

Thanks. Are the stretch cabins any better?

Thanks. Are the stretch cabins any better?

Stayed in 4072 this past Feb... The new(er) cabins were nice. They had the 'Star-Trek" shower doors instead of the violating curtain. As far as I know, they are NOT changing any cabins in the 2 week dry-dock in December. Just adding on things like new bathrooms (all are getting doors), changing the Champagne lounge to the R-Bar, new carpeting, furniture in some areas... Mostly public space changes.

After the upgrading next year, will Enchantment have the same cabin numbers? Want to book but thought I'd better check on here first. I'm sure I recall other vision class ships had different cabin numbers once their refurbishment had taken place :confused:. Particularly interested in the D2 cabins mid ship. Thanks.

Enchantment is going in for her enhancements beginning December 1 to December 15, 2012.

Stayed in 4072 this past Feb... The new(er) cabins were nice. They had the 'Star-Trek" shower doors instead of the violating curtain. As far as I know, they are NOT changing any cabins in the 2 week dry-dock in December. Just adding on things like new bathrooms (all are getting doors), changing the Champagne lounge to the R-Bar, new carpeting, furniture in some areas... Mostly public space changes.

There's a big piece of good news! I loathe the dreaded attack shower curtains.

The cabins that are "supposed" to be replacing the Concierge Lounge, computer lab, C&A, and library are "supposed" to have numbering that does not affect the current cabin numbers (check out the additional cabins on the Granduer).

However, my bets are on costs saving measures knocking out some of the scheduled changes to the Enchantment. We probably won't know exactly what was done until the first sailing in the 3rd week of December when she comes out of dry dock.

Just received this information from Enchantment about changes being done during her enhancements..........

DECK 4..........Totally demolishing the marble - making it flat and adding new R BAR!!!!

DECK 6..........Loyalty desk is moving to where the art program is right now....

.....................Opposite Cafe Latitudes will be the internet cafe/library shelves

Deck 7...........8 CABINS will replace what was the library/loyalty areas

Deck 8...........8 CABINS will replace what was concierge lounge

Deck 9...........BIG FLAT SCREEN on Pool Deck

Deck 11.........Concierge Lounge will now be at the back part of VCL

......................Diamond Concierge will now be at top part of VCL

Just received this information from Enchantment about changes being done during her enhancements..........

DECK 4..........Totally demolishing the marble - making it flat and adding new R BAR!!!!

DECK 6..........Loyalty desk is moving to where the art program is right now....

.....................Opposite Cafe Latitudes will be the internet cafe/library shelves

Thanks. Hope they update the 2013-2014 online deck plans to reflect these changes - they don't show any of these changes

Thanks. Hope they update the 2013-2014 online deck plans to reflect these changes - they don't show any of these changes

The deck plans may not reflect that currently (and you're right, it's just weird that they don't) but if you look at the numbering you'll see that these cabins can be inserted into those spaces without affecting the existing cabin numbering.

• 2 weeks later...

That's going to be one smoky repositioned Concierge Lounge. Phew!!

Of course, with Enchantment taking over the 3/4 night itineraries out of Port Canaveral, maybe a repositioned Concierge Lounge in part of the VCL won't matter as much as it might for some of the longer itineraries?

J

Deck 8[/b]...........8 CABINS will replace what was concierge lounge

there is NO way they can stuff EIGHT cabins in that space. an argument could be made for 3 but frankly.. I would think that is pushing it.

we spend most of our last cruise in the CL. I just don't see it as being viable

there is NO way they can stuff EIGHT cabins in that space. an argument could be made for 3 but frankly.. I would think that is pushing it.

we spend most of our last cruise in the CL. I just don't see it as being viable

I saw a more recent posting of Patti's where she said that 8 cabins will replace the CL and iCafe. These are on opposite sides of the centrum, so it's 4 new cabins on each side.

I can't believe they are adding yet more cabins. That means more crowding in the Windjammer and Theater than there is now.:eek: What are they thinking? Oh well, I probably won't be on her again after this month. She's leaving Baltimore and being replaced by the Grandeur next year. May be a blessing.

Gwen :)

I saw a more recent posting of Patti's where she said that 8 cabins will replace the CL and iCafe. These are on opposite sides of the centrum, so it's 4 new cabins on each side.

That certainly sounds correct. I just looked at Grandeur's deck 8 layout, and there are 4 cabins where Enchantment's CL is currently located, and another 4 cabins where the Internet cafe is located on the opposite side of the Centrum. :)

okay I can see an argument being made for 4 per side.. although they would have to be the smallest sq footage possible. are they OVs or are they removing the windows?

okay I can see an argument being made for 4 per side.. although they would have to be the smallest sq footage possible. are they OVs or are they removing the windows?

Not sure, but if they do it like the other Vision class ships, they will put in OV's with floor to ceiling windows.

Would love to snag a couple of those floor to ceiling window cabins, especially if they are brand new....well, relatively new in February! I wonder how they will book these cabins if they are not offered yet...maybe thats why they keep dropping the "guarantee ov" prices on our sailing....that would be one sweet guarantee cabin!:D

Would love to snag a couple of those floor to ceiling window cabins, especially if they are brand new....well, relatively new in February! I wonder how they will book these cabins if they are not offered yet...maybe thats why they keep dropping the "guarantee ov" prices on our sailing....that would be one sweet guarantee cabin!:D

Wonder if they will be available for 'upgrade'??? our little group could run the 8th deck like no one else!!!

Archived