celebrity cruisers seem aggresive .

abnpaul

There may be a better word for it , correct me if I'm wrong. Having browsed the other cruise line threads , I noticed how informative and friendly the comment are. There are the odd debates but celebrity cruisers get very personal with there comments. The only explanation I can think of for this is the celebrity laws and rules.

I only hope that all this aggression is kept to the forum and not taken on holiday with them .

:(

Aggressive? AGGRESSIVE? What do you MEAN aggressive? ;) I'd say there are some very strong opinions here and looking at your posts see you have joined in probably two of the most divisive subjects. Smoking and booze smuggling. When you get on the ship it bears no relation to what goes on here.

Phil

Aggressive? AGGRESSIVE? What do you MEAN aggressive? ;) I'd say there are some very strong opinions here and looking at your posts see you have joined in probably two of the most divisive subjects. Smoking and booze smuggling. When you get on the ship it bears no relation to what goes on here.

Phil

That "sounded" just like Jodie Foster's character in the movie "Contact" !

Phil

Exactly , look what this site has done to me , I am a shadow of my former self . I cruise on celebrity soon , hope you are right .

Won't say what date in case someone makes me walk the plank.

You could be right , maybe I did not look properly and missed all the threads on smoking rum runners and bringing wine in the boat.

Regardless there are lots of very helpful posts on the Celebrity Board and many very nice people. I've met a few of them. To the aggressive types, they are in the minority, but there like anywhere. Can't be bothered to count and compare them to elsewhere. LOL

Phil

As a general rule of thumb, I have found the people on the Carnival boards to be very helpful and informative.

The RCI boards have lots of loyalists. They are very defensive of the brand they attach themselves to.

The Celebrity board is pretty quiet. A lot think they are a bit special because they can afford one of the more expensive cruise lines. Not everyone, but a disproportionate amount.

As a general rule of thumb, I have found the people on the Carnival boards to be very helpful and informative.

The RCI boards have lots of loyalists. They are very defensive of the brand they attach themselves to.

The Celebrity board is pretty quiet. A lot think they are a bit special because they can afford one of the more expensive cruise lines. Not everyone, but a disproportionate amount.

Do you know I find Celebrity to be one of cheaper mainstream cruise lines, I have a spread sheet where I calculate pppd and all my Celebrity cruises are lower than my P&O and Princess ones.

But I always book at brochure launch and get free parking, good OBC and a good TA discount, and never seen any discounted offers lower than my pppd, and I don't find X CCers to be more aggresive than others.

I'm considering Celebrity after 20 or so cruises on mostly Princess, but also HAL, NCL, RCL, CCL and Costa. I find the haughty, elitest posture of the Celebrity cheerleaders laughable. It may have to do with the way the line is marketted? I also do not find Celebrity to be more expensive than other mainstream lines and in many cases, they are less.

I think that Celebrity attracts an older, more travelled customer. My first cruise I was excited just to be there. As I have cruised more and aged more I've become a bit more critical and "set in my ways". The boards reflect folks stating their dislikes and defending their likes, with a steady drip of information thrown in. Nothing more,nothing less.

JMHO

Paul

I think that Celebrity attracts an older, more travelled customer. My first cruise I was excited just to be there. As I have cruised more and aged more I've become a bit more critical and "set in my ways". The boards reflect folks stating their dislikes and defending their likes, with a steady drip of information thrown in. Nothing more,nothing less.

JMHO

Paul

Yes maybe defensive is a good word , kind of protective over the cruise line and its policies , like I would be over my child's behavior maybe .

Yes maybe defensive is a good word , kind of protective over the cruise line and its policies , like I would be over my child's behavior maybe .

I think older folks want stability, predictability. Its a comfort thing. I think rum runners, jeans on formal night, no lobster etc. points to changing times--both financially for the cruise line and demographically for the cruiser. That change is troubling to many older --more travelled folks who wear their cruise line like a confortable pair of slippers. They get defensive when they see change--internal or external.

jmho

Paul

Don't you just love threads that just bait people to make hostile comments? I've discovered that some of the most negative and/or aggressive posters are people who have never experienced a Celebrity cruise. My guess is the same is true on other boards as well. Some folks just like to start a controversy and laugh at the results. Some are "loyalists" of other lines and just want to get a shot at Celebrity cruisers. How do I know this to be the case? Very simply: I've been on many Celebrity cruises and cases of aggressive behavior are few and far between. This is most true on longer cruises where you tend to find more experienced cruisers. There are to be sure some "snobs" and quite frankily people I just don't want to meet. My guess is that they are such a small number of posters that most of us could list them quite easily.

So from reading above, are certain classes of people attracted to a certain cruise line .

Personally I simply looked for the route it was taking and what facilities were on board . Maybe a little more investigation was required before booking.

I think "rah rah" mentality, which is all this is, is prevalent on every board. My last cruise was on the Eurodam, which I loved... but the HAL board had its share of rabid cheerleaders, too.

I don't find any correlation between how excessively fanatic the posts are and how nice the people behind them are, when you actually cruise with them.

Archived