LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

ZOWIE!

The Ship's Computer and Internet Systems are the most user friendly of all of the RCI Ships been on.

Earlier today I was able to upload in one shot:

- 23 photos of the Windjammer

- 42 photos of my Walk-Around on Deck 10

I have never been able to upload more that 4 photos at a time before!

KUDOS to the Ship's IT Team!

I wonder if the internet is so fast since... well... ummm since you're probably the only one using it on the "Old Fogey Cruise"

More Deck 10 Photos...

I see that the photos are out of order and I don't know why. There is a lot of noise and confusion here in the computer center.

However, I guarantee that they were all taken on Deck 10.

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

Edited by Trainman-2

I wonder if the internet is so fast since... well... ummm since you're probably the only one using it on the "Old Fogey Cruise"

It is not very fast but it does allow me to upload bunches of photos at a time when on most other ships I have to upload one or two at a time.

I do know that they are having some problems with satellite alignment.

Last night when we returned to our cabin we had two Cheese Trays and a Fruit Tray waiting for us.

Thanks RCI!

We enjoy being Loyal Diamond Plus Cruisers...

IMG_0117.jpg

Luckily we have lots of zip lock bags to store it in.

Edited by Trainman-2

I have to say thank you for this review - I was quite nervous booking our next cruise on the Rhapsody due to her age (even though she was just refitted) considering my last few cruises have still had that new car smell or have been recently refurbished ships. I am happy to see that the Vision - even being ready for dry dock still looks like she's in pretty great shape!

The compass's concern me though - pretty slim offerings... I guess thats where the sunscreen and Kindle come into play although i'm not sure I know how to just walk on a pool deck and sit down in a chair... having a choice of chairs is a totally new concept for me :D

Wow Trainman,

Your photos of the sunrise this morning are awesome. Really makes me wish I was on a ship right now. There is nothing like standing on the deck of a ship, and seeing a gorgeous sunrise, or sunset, streching over a beautiful vast ocean.

Unless of course, it's watching a full moon glistening over a beautiful vast ocean. LOL

Thanks so much for sharing. 46 days til I cruise, can't wait.

Trainman, I have a question for you, is the ship full??? It looks quite empty or is it very very early when you were taking pictures. Pool aerobics were on so I guess it was about 10am but lots and lots of sunnbeds empty. How full is she?

PS thanks for a great read.

I am posting "Live" from the Pool Deck!

I heard that the entire Pool Deck is a hot spot so we are trying it out. There is a bit of glare on my screen and it is shaking a bit from the vibrations of the engines. Judith is sitting next to me in the sun reading and when I am finished posting she will use the PC to check up on what I am telling you and visit some site of her own.

Different folks enjoy cruising different ways...

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

The Pool Deck is busy but not jam packed. We had no trouble finding a table in the shade and there are some empty deck chairs.

Remember, this is almost a kid free cruise (only 10 of them) and just about everyone is older. A lot of people are reading!

Down at the other end of the deck, in front of the Pool Bar there are about a hundred people doing an organized Electric Slide. There are mayn more participating all around us.