In room coffee maker??

Like I said, the poster offered additional info rather then just a yes or no answer. You can try to spin it any way you want but your comment was just a bit rude.

You must be fairly new to these boards. My comments are not out of line.

Enjoy your day

M

Not pointing any fingers, but I think people are getting who said what to whom mixed up here and its causing the discussion to go off-topic. I can't find it now, but somebody along the way messed up the quoting feature, so when they were really quoting someone else, it appears they are the ones who said it.

Also bear in mind that not everybody says everything the same way. I am guilty of not following this myself, but usually if there is an ambigious post with a good interpretation and a bad interpretation, I try to assume the former.

I have never even considered or for a second thought to put grounds in toilet! Who does that??? I doubt anyone would do that on a cruise ship.

The same person who would flush an apple down the toilet in an attempt to get an upgrade (happened on one of our cruises), or just somebody really ignorant.

Only JS and above, but it really makes no difference. The 4-cup pods they supply don't fit in the one-cup coffee maker anyway. We bring our own senseo pods.

On Rhapsody and Jewel last year, they had the one-cup pods. So some ships have gotten the message, anyway. But we, too, take our own.

I have not seen a coffee maker in Balcony cabins we've had.

However the last few cruises we've taken a Junior Suite, and there was a coffee maker AND Kettle each time.

The Kettle worked out great for making nice hot tea for DW.

The coffee maker not so much. For one thing the coffee was too strong, and I guess I could have asked for less strong coffee, but also the bags they supply too big for the coffee maker.

After much anticipation - the coffee still didn't taste all that great.

I don't know if its the water... or what.

But after every cruise, I just can't wait to get a Tim Hortons coffee. :D

I might just follow critterchicks advice and take my own coffee maker and coffee.

Dawn,

wow, someone else who likes their coffee Hot. I can't even find a coffee maker to buy, for home, that makes it hot enough for me. I always have to pour my coffee, and then put it in a microwave for at least a minute. Of course I do use cream, so it really has to scalding, then I add the cream, and hope it's still HOT enough.

If a drink, whatever it is, is supposed to be hot, then I want it super Hot. If it's supposed to be cold, I want it super Cold. That means added ice, Always. I don't care that it's cold streight from a fridge, I want ice added. LOL

I also like my soup served Hot. Nothing worse than luke warm soup.

Other than all this, I'm not too Fussy about things. :D: :D:

Except I don't like deep roast, dark, strong, coffee, and wish with all my heart that the ships would "weaken" their coffee just a little.

Since McDonald's changed their coffee to that dark roast crap, I now take my own coffee along to McDonald's. Which isn't very often anymore. They used to have such delicious coffee.

I have never even considered or for a second thought to put grounds in toilet! Who does that??? I doubt anyone would do that on a cruise ship....

Really? It is someone who doesn't think before they act, and/or someone who simply doesn't care. The person who would flush coffee grounds to clean up in a hurry is perhaps the same person who flushes feminine hygiene items, condoms, Kleenex, and other items. People do it. We know they do.

Dawn,

wow, someone else who likes their coffee Hot. I can't even find a coffee maker to buy, for home, that makes it hot enough for me. I always have to pour my coffee, and then put it in a microwave for at least a minute. Of course I do use cream, so it really has to scalding, then I add the cream, and hope it's still HOT enough.

If a drink, whatever it is, is supposed to be hot, then I want it super Hot. If it's supposed to be cold, I want it super Cold. That means added ice, Always. I don't care that it's cold streight from a fridge, I want ice added. LOL

I also like my soup served Hot. Nothing worse than luke warm soup.

Other than all this, I'm not too Fussy about things. :D: :D:

Except I don't like deep roast, dark, strong, coffee, and wish with all my heart that the ships would "weaken" their coffee just a little.

Since McDonald's changed their coffee to that dark roast crap, I now take my own coffee along to McDonald's. Which isn't very often anymore. They used to have such delicious coffee.

After many years of making my am coffee with my single cup malia (never used coffee pot) from boiling water from tea kettle, I finally bought a Keurig coffee maker. The thing that pushed me to do it was this model had a temperature adjustment--yeah.

I have it turned up to 192 and it is perfect.

And, even though we don't partake often, when we do get french fries--yep--you guessed it--hot, hot, hot or no thank you!

Thanks everyone for the interesting discussion!!! I am the type who needs her cup of coffee the moment my eyes open!! I don't think I've ever been on a ship that DIDNT have the inroom coffee maker. Oh well.........If there is no coffee maker, I will just have to call room service or roam the corridors in search of coffee!! Not going to stress over it.......vacation is for unstressing!

They USED to have french presses, but alas, not that many people knew how to use them, and they became cracked and broken too easily, so now they have a coffee maker and a hot pot.:)

Rick

yeap. of course the size of the coffee filter thingy did not actually fit the amount of coffee the maker actually brewed....good thing DH likes his strong....:rolleyes:

Royal Caribbean really needs to think about putting coffee makers in all cabins. I would be more than willing to bring my own coffee and special creamers if they would have the makers in the rooms.

and from an economical and electrical standpoint, I can see why they have not yet done so. why should they provide you with the means to make your own when you can order a specialty coffee?!

besides you can bring your own creamers and Coffee mate anyway... and many do.

but can you imagine the extra strain on the electrical systems? and the potential for bad things happening due to misused machines?

Dawn,

wow, someone else who likes their coffee Hot. I can't even find a coffee maker to buy, for home, that makes it hot enough for me.

I believe the new Keurig Vue machine is programmable to that temperature. not entirely positive we just recently upgraded to the latest regular Keurig so can't justify buying a Vue( maybe next year)

• 4 years later...
  • 6 months later...

I have brought my mini Keurig and pods with me on another cruise line with no problems. It's auto shut off; makes one cup and off it goes. No hot plate to be a fire hazard. I too must have coffee before running around the ship. Room service takes too long and I could be up at 4 AM or 9 AM so ordering the night before is difficult. I'm going to try to bring it on LOS and see what happens.

I have brought my mini Keurig and pods with me on another cruise line with no problems. It's auto shut off; makes one cup and off it goes. No hot plate to be a fire hazard. I too must have coffee before running around the ship. Room service takes too long and I could be up at 4 AM or 9 AM so ordering the night before is difficult. I'm going to try to bring it on LOS and see what happens.

It is prohibited on Royal Caribbean. They have no interest in conducting an inspection of your coffee maker's specs. They will just confiscate it at the pier and allow you to claim it again when you disembark.

It is prohibited on Royal Caribbean. They have no interest in conducting an inspection of your coffee maker's specs. They will just confiscate it at the pier and allow you to claim it again when you disembark.

Do they inspect the hair dryers and curling irons? They are far more dangerous a fire hazard than my mini pot. See what happens. Worst case scenario I lugged it for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would love to bring my mini-Keurig on our cruise, that would be wonderful! But I'm too afraid of them confiscating it, then I would just worry all week that I might not get it back at the end of the cruise. :(

So many hotels are now providing the one-cup coffee makers, and I especially love it when I see a Keurig machine in our hotel room!! I have at least one cup of Keurig coffee every afternoon (we have a regular coffee maker for our large morning pot of coffee), it's something I look forward to every day, to sit down for a bit in the afternoon with a flavored cup of coffee and a good book. It would be awesome to be able to make my own cup of coffee in our stateroom then enjoy it on the balcony. I'll miss it. :(

Do they inspect the hair dryers and curling irons? They are far more dangerous a fire hazard than my mini pot. See what happens. Worst case scenario I lugged it for nothing.

It would be kind of hard to leave your room with a hair dryer running, wouldn't it? Now compare that to leaving an empty carafe on a hot burner and leaving the room...

It would be kind of hard to leave your room with a hair dryer running, wouldn't it? Now compare that to leaving an empty carafe on a hot burner and leaving the room...

This has no hot plate. Makes one cup and automatically turns off. The heat generated in a curling iron or dryer is hotter than the keurig.

This has no hot plate. Makes one cup and automatically turns off. The heat generated in a curling iron or dryer is hotter than the keurig.

Doesn't matter, if found will be confiscated. I've actually seen one taken and held on Royal.