back to back cruises

dijo

We are considering doing back to back cruises for the first time in December but will not able to have the same cabin for both weeks. Would love to hear from folks who have done this to clarify exactly how that process works. Will we be able to move our belongings to the new cabin before it is cleaned. Do we get any help with that?

We are considering doing back to back cruises for the first time in December but will not able to have the same cabin for both weeks. Would love to hear from folks who have done this to clarify exactly how that process works. Will we be able to move our belongings to the new cabin before it is cleaned. Do we get any help with that?

The cabin attendant will move everything for you. You only have to put your stuff in your suitcases; you leave everything in the closet IN the closet.

They will move it all, even putting the hanging stuff in the new closet.

We were in the same cabin on our b2b. However at the meeting for the b2bers they said that the staff would help the ones that had to change cabins do so soon after we docked. They said everything would do done prior to debarking.

We just did a b2b on Oasis last month. We had different rooms. The attendant moved everything.

We stayed in the cabin on turn around day until it was time for all of the b2bers to meet up to get off and back on--like 9:30. While we were meeting they got our rooms all switched. They took our hang up items, on hangers to the new closet. They even brought a couple things we forgot in the refrigerator to our new refrigerator. We packed all of our drawer/cabinet stuff in our luggage and they moved those, too.

We will be doing our first B2B on Saturday. I have a question too. When all the B2Bers meet/get off the ship for clearance and I believe are the first back on again ... can we go directly to our cabins or are we also "locked out" until 1 pm?? I see they keep the doors in the hallways locked.

We will be doing our first B2B on Saturday. I have a question too. When all the B2Bers meet/get off the ship for clearance and I believe are the first back on again ... can we go directly to our cabins or are we also "locked out" until 1 pm?? I see they keep the doors in the hallways locked.

No, you're not locked out. If the fire doors are closed, you can open them to use your stateroom. If a crewmember is present watching the doors, you just have to mention that your on a B2B.

You will have to wait. Leave your bathing suit on.

You can go in your cabin as soon as you get back onboard. It's supposed to only take a few minutes for the whole get off, get back on process.

If you do book the B2B and have different cabins, check everyday to see if the same cabin has opened up. If it does, call and ask to be changed. I've done it both ways, but being able to stay in the same cabin is awfully nice;)

If you do book the B2B and have different cabins, check everyday to see if the same cabin has opened up. If it does, call and ask to be changed. I've done it both ways, but being able to stay in the same cabin is awfully nice;)

This is good advice, to check if your same cabin has opened up. Another thing you can do is put yourself on a wait list for the cabin. That way you can get moved automatically if the cabin becomes available.

The cabin attendant will move everything for you. You only have to put your stuff in your suitcases; you leave everything in the closet IN the closet.

They will move it all, even putting the hanging stuff in the new closet.

This is very cool!

Where do you check? online or at GS?

This thread is valuable to me, as we are also considering a B2B next year.

I am not trying to tell you do this, much less in December, but I have tried this before:

Have swimsuit ready on B2B turnaround day.

Get back on board with your new seapass card.

Put your swimsuit on and get in the pool.

Bob up and down until the first new cruisers go by going to the Windjammer for lunch.

Here is the good part.

At least one wife will give her husband grief!

"I thought you said WE were the first ones on".

"How do they, pointing at my wife & me, have time to get into the pool!"

Wave and watch their reaction!

You don't mention where your B2B's will be. Depending on the ports, you may not even have to get off the ship. I believe you do have to get off in US ports, but we didn't have to leave the ship on our B2B's in Australia. It was great having the ship to ourselves (just us and about 200 others doing that particular B2B!) on turn-around day! We had a special private lunch in the main dining room. Changing cabins was our choice, since we were able to get a great aft corner for the 2nd half. As others have said, everything was moved for us - we just put our valuables (passports, jewelry, cameras, etc.) in a small bag that we kept with us until the new room was ready.

No, you're not locked out. If the fire doors are closed, you can open them to use your stateroom. If a crewmember is present watching the doors, you just have to mention that your on a B2B.

You will have to wait. Leave your bathing suit on.

Riiiiiight. Well both of you can't be correct here. ;)

On one occasion when we changed cabins on a B2B we did not even have to pack things in our cases.

The new cabin was the same type of cabin just a few doors away and the cabin stewards, in addition to moving the things hanging in the closet, changed the drawers over with our things still in them.

The first couple of days of the second cruise, don't forget you have changed cabins. It is so easy to forget and try to open the door of your old cabin with your new key card :o

I have done 4 B2B's and have always been able to open the doors and go back to my room. You might get some stares but if you mention you are doing a B2B they go back to work.

Thanks for all the responses that we will be able to get back in to our cabin. We have the same cabin on both cruises. To the person who suggested getting into our swimsuits and pool. Brrrrrrrrr ...... we are sailing out of Boston on Saturday - that will definitely NOT be an option :)

What is best way to find B2B cruises? Sounds like a great way to cruise but you can't, or at least I can't, easily find them on a RC cruise search. Thank you.

You make up the B2B cruises yourself. Just pick 2 (or more) consecutive cruises, and if you do it far enough in advance, you can select the same stateroom for both cruises.

When we did our B2B (Bermuda/Canada-New England) it was fun being on an almost deserted ship prior to the others boarding. We got to hear alot of the crew announcements & since the 2nd cruise we were on was to Canada/New England they were announcing that since alot of the passengers were older that they were instructed to speak a little louder & slower:)

Pat

Just to clarify, we were told we could not go back to our cabin after we got off and back on, but we needed stuff from the room so not going back was not an option, so we just opened the fire door and walked in. When challanged by crew "that is OK, we are back to back" and kept on going.

Our own attendent knew we were B2B so he was OK with it.

Karen, each ship has it's own policies. It seems lately they are leaning toward keeping you out until 1 PM.

I always keep both seapass cards with me to prove I am B2B.

I try not to be a pain.;):D

One summer we did 2 B2Bs on the Enchantment OTS.

They we changing out ALL the air conditioning equipment on our floor!

Pipes were everywhere!!

It was a real chore to walk down the hall to meet at the directed lounge for B2Bers!:D

The people that say Royal Caribbean does not keep the ships in repair should all go on some B2Bs and see what can be done in a few hours!!;)

Always go to your next room steward on your first leg to let him know you are B2B.

They will want to know.

I always tell them to do our room last, we already know hectic turn around day is.

Just move our stuff. We don't need to be WOWed. Save that for somebody else!:D

I have moved all my stuff myself to not overwork our steward, but not often.

My next cruise is a B2B! I love them!

We are doing our first B2B next month.

Karen, make sure when you fill out your set sail form to select "Consecutive Cruiser" from the departure list on part 4 of 4 of the Guest Information section.

Be sure to select "Consecutive Cruiser" from the arrival list on the next cruise.

Also call Royal Caribbean and make sure they know you are consecutive cruisers.

You will have a great time!!:D

Archived