Cruise Critic has added "Friends"

Waihekean

I have 4 friends that have been added to my statistics. One makes sense as it is a NZ poster. Hi Kiwi Cruizer!, but there are 3 others that I do not know. I think it is great that I have these "Friends" on CC, but have absolutely no idea what to do with this.

Can anyone enlighten me what the idea behind it is?

As a couple have already said, you have to accept a request for someone to be listed as a friend, unless there is some strange CC glitch.

OP, there are a couple of people around that do seem to want nothing more than collect names.;) If you are 100% positive that you did not accept a request, you can always contact CC and inquire about it.

Thanks all for your replies, but it seems no one knows what the function is exactly for:o.

I did accept the KiwiCruizer request and that was a while ago. But the 3 others just appeared recently as confirmed without a request.

Nearest thing I can figure is, it means someone likes some (or most) of the things you've posted, and thinks pretty much the same way you do. Too bad there isn't some sort of private message feature on here. It could be helpful if you wanted to ask a person questions about a specific cruise without having several other people chiming in.

Too bad there isn't some sort of private message feature on here...

Oh my goodness, that would be awful. Can you imagine how heated and abusive PM's would get? Just look at the board and what some people post in public... I don't even want to imagine what some would say in private. Ugh. :(

On topic, we have one friend listed and it is a couple whom we know personally. We do not accept friends we do not know; agree with those who say it's rather a useless feature, but it's not a big deal to just ignore it. :)

I am also on Trip Advisor and it has the private email message service.

I love it.

You can ask someone something very specific about their review,trip, etc.

It shows up in your personal email as "private message", and then you go to TA and reply.

I have been using it for years without a problem.

I wish CC would do the same. In fact I tell people on my roll call that they can email through TA and I use the same moniker.

Archived