A thank you to those who saved my life

To OP:

Very glad you are doing better. It was encouraging to read your gracious post. Hope you continue to improve and hope you and your family have a pleasant holiday.

And [hoping OP doesn't mind my quoting her] to the rest of us:

I am the woman who fell ill on the Liberty of the Seas and was emergency evacuated on December 6, 2012 . . .

. . . Please know that I was cleared by the doctor to travel. I did follow the restrictions he gave me and by no means whatsoever, did I ride a Zip Line while in Haiti.

Let this be a leeson to us all to take shipboard scuttle butt with a huge grain of salt.

Thank you for posting your OWN thread regarding the incident and your recovery. You shared details that you certainly didn't HAVE to expose publicly, but that just further helped us to understand your tremendous gratitude. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and the healthiest New Year ever! :)

Thank you for sharing your story with us. The video was impressive but to have you step forward and acknowledge how well you were treated...it means alot since this could happen to anyone of us in the future.

Yes, some plans were changed as a result of this emergency but...if an ambulance comes, we pull to the side of the road to let the ambulance pass. This is no different. People do what is necessary to help someone with a medical emergency.

Have a wonderful holiday season and best wishes for your future cruises!

Thank you so much for opening up such a personal part of your lives to all of us.

I actually had goosebumps watching the rescue video someone posted. I kept imagining my husband being in your husbands place -- worrying so much about me. That airlift looked terrifying. I was secretly hoping that maybe they had given you some kind of sedation to help calm you for that trip up to the helicopter!

Glad you are on the mend, and maybe you can cruise again soon! It's comforting to know so many different people were available to help.

Ann

Very Classy post. Glad to hear you are doing better.

For all the posters who have to inject something negative into your experience, they should realize that they could be the next person in your shoes riding that basket. Life happens, even to 10 foot tall bullet-proof people sitting behind computer keyboards.

I also understand how seeing a video of your experience posted on here could have set you back a bit. I admit I watched the whole thing, and recall wondering at the time if you were going to see it and feel like your personal space was invaded. As you posted, it was a great testament to what the Coast Guard and the ships medical staff can do for us, and it did not reflect poorly on you at all.

Thanks for posting this. Wishing you the best in your recovery.

Doug

Another post to say that I am glad to hear that you are doing well.

I would also like to apologize on behalf of folks that felt the need to comment unnecessarily and incorrectly as to what happened. So many times, people assume that they know facts, and it turns out that they are merely rumors. Unfortunately happens too often.

Wishing you a continued, speedy recovery. Happy Holidays and God Bless you and your family.

Archived