New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

Has anyone gotten the promotion on already booked cruises that haven't had a final payment? We cruise in April and our final payment is due at the end of this week. Thanks in advance for the information:)

Hi Ugaaucruisers,

While I cannot make any promises, I think the odds are good they will apply the promotion. A couple of members have reported today, having the promotion applied. The important thing to keep in mind, is that you would almost certainly lose any Celebrity OBC's or other promotions on your current booking - if you have any. If that's the case, you must way the benefits, and choose which works best for you. I'm also hearing you would be subject to the prevailing rate. That's understandable though.

As I always say, it never hurts to ask. I'd definitely make the phone call to your TA or Celebrity if you booked direct. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Edited by Host Andy

Has anyone gotten the promotion on already booked cruises that haven't had a final payment? We cruise in April and our final payment is due at the end of this week. Thanks in advance for the information:)

Yes, I just did that. The only thing is that if the price of your cruise has changed you must pay the prevailing rate. Also the promotion is not combinable, so if you had another Celebrity promotion applied to the cruise you would lose that. I had to pay an additional $100/ea for the cruise fare and lost a previous promotion of $150 OBC, but I think I got a great deal as I got the drink package for a 14 day cruise in exchange. Shirley

Edited by FunForUs

got excited over the idea of 2 free beverage packages for the cruise I have in mind .... until I looked at the Celebrity website and saw no Hawaii cruises qualify. Darn it. :rolleyes:

Hi Scrappytravller,

There's still hope :) I just checked, and there are some Hawaii sailings listed under Australia/New Zealand Itineraries. I hope this is what you are looking for !

We just took advantage of this opportunity for our Mediterranean cruise this summer, and chose the drink package (FANTASTIC deal for the 11 night cruise!) as well as free gratuities (again, great deal because two people x 11.50 x 11 nights is a much better value than $300 OBC). It really seems like those of us booking European sailings get the best deal in this situation, as the room prices were not inflated to compensate.

Also, I had already made final payment on my March sailing and had already booked it, and my TA was able to add the drink package to it as well with this promotion, so I think if some of you are already booked, contact your TA and have them get it added for you!

We just cancelled our booking and rebooked. We had the $100 OBC offer, but since we are on a European cruise for 12 nights, this is a much better deal. We were going to use the OBC to buy beverage packages anyway!

Hi Scrappytravller,

There's still hope :) I just checked, and there are some Hawaii sailings listed under Australia/New Zealand Itineraries. I hope this is what you are looking for !

Why yes it is Andy, THANK YOU! :D

Not sure why they buried it under Australia/New Zealand but hey, thanks to you I know it applies. It's the one way from Ensanada to Hawaii I'm looking at.

I was going to book it using the $500 gift card promotion with matching by Celebrity, but 2 drink packages outweighs that benefit. I think I'd be better off using this special for Hawaii and using the gift card promo for a solo cruise. Too many cruises too little time! :confused:

I was already booked and had not made my final payment and celebrity allowed me to add the drink package for free. I also asked them to send a new bill which shows the discount.

Why yes it is Andy, THANK YOU! :D

Not sure why they buried it under Australia/New Zealand but hey, thanks to you I know it applies. It's the one way from Ensanada to Hawaii I'm looking at.

I was going to book it using the $500 gift card promotion with matching by Celebrity, but 2 drink packages outweighs that benefit. I think I'd be better off using this special for Hawaii and using the gift card promo for a solo cruise. Too many cruises too little time! :confused:

Hi Scrappytraveller,

Always glad to be of assistance... though I must admit that I was horrified to learn that Hawaii seceded to Australia. The things you learn on Cruise Critic :)

All kidding aside, there's a number of itineraries/sailings that could be listed in way that would be easier to locate. When in doubt, keep looking - it's probably there.

Edited by Host Andy

To my question :) It takes a few days to show up, also they let me cancel my 200 gift card match and take the free drinks instead, so I ended up paying 200 for the beverage package for 2, not to shabby.

Hi Ugaaucruisers,

While I cannot make any promises, I think the odds are good they will apply the promotion. A couple of members have reported today, having the promotion applied. The important thing to keep in mind, is that you would almost certainly lose any Celebrity OBC's or other promotions on your current booking - if you have any. If that's the case, you must way the benefits, and choose which works best for you. I'm also hearing you would be subject to the prevailing rate. That's understandable though.

As I always say, it never hurts to ask. I'd definitely make the phone call to your TA or Celebrity if you booked direct. Please let us know what happens. Good Luck !

Hi Andy. Just talked my TA and he added our reservation to a list that Celebrity has to approve. at first he said that the special only applied to new bookings. I told him that i had heard of the promotion being added to existing reservations and he put me on hold and when he came back he had called Celebrity and they told him that they would let him know in a few days if it had been approved. Will let you know what happens.

Thanks for your help!

This morning we booked an Equinox Caribbean cruise for 2014 (already booked on six X 2013 cruises; Europe 2014 not published yet or likely would have booked that too). Our invoice shows combined OBC amount from X and the TA and free gratuities from TA. We did not go with the drink package as we only occasionally drink wine (no alcohol otherwise) and cappuccinos and we can get those drinks at the morning and afternoon Elite and/or Captain's Club events if desired. So I can't answer if the drink package would have shown up on the invoice.

Kathy

Has anyone other than TMLOVE17 been able to get any of the promotions after they have made final payment? Did you get an OBC, drink package or gratuities? We already have a small OBC and prepaid gratuities, but would like to add additional OBC if possible. If not we could probably deal with having a drink now and then.

Our cruise is about 40 days out and final payment has been made with our TA. Agent is out of office until Wednesday, so I will check with him then. Thought I might have some information to back it up if others are getting it.

Thanks.

Has anyone other than TMLOVE17 been able to get any of the promotions after they have made final payment? Did you get an OBC, drink package or gratuities? We already have a small OBC and prepaid gratuities, but would like to add additional OBC if possible. If not we could probably deal with having a drink now and then.

Our cruise is about 40 days out and final payment has been made with our TA. Agent is out of office until Wednesday, so I will check with him then. Thought I might have some information to back it up if others are getting it.

Thanks.

Hi Champmason,

After final payment, I doubt you will have any luck. Also, keep in mind that if you are somehow able to obtain this promotion, you would probably forfeit any other OBC's or promotions if they were provided by Celebrity. If the OBC and prepaid gratuities were provided by your TA, they might remain, but only your TA can answer that question.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Edited by Host Andy

If I book with a Travel Agency is it true I can't use my Open Passages in conjunction with these?

And is the 'beverage package' for one person or for both in the cabin?

Sounds right, and it's also true if you book directly with X

Just booked this with my TA. 3/24/13 on the Silhouette. Drink package plus they covered all the gratuities. Pretty sweet deal. All inclusive for pretty cheap. I like it.

I am confused,I though the free drink deal is for European Cruises only:confused::confused::confused:

Rich.

Just booked and the drinks package did show up on the invoice. We chose to upgrade to the premium package - our invoice shows "PREM BEV."

Such a great deal :)

I just booked and chose to upgrade to the premium package as well. Our invoice says the same thing but with $0.00 next to it :confused: Do you think we'll just have to pay on board? I would prefer paying for everything all at once.

BTW I was able to cancel and rebook to get the deal :) My final payment wasn't due for another week, so this deal came at the perfect time.