Lesson Learned

phinn

Surprised noones mentioned this.....

What were the people in the other cabin thinking? Didn't they report extra bags in their cabin? Didn't they think they should do something about it? Lets face it there's not much spare space for another 2 cases. Just seems a little thought could have solved the issue much earlier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I always take an iphone picture of my luggage before we travel

With the tags on

So they know what they are looking for

Airline and or Cruiseline

We may be anomalies since we don't have photo capability on our phones, but we keep printed photos of our checked luggage in our carry-ons, It's a good idea to have pictures with the luggage tags, and I could do that on my camera, which is in my carry-on.

Thanks for the hint.

Kathy

Hi:) you should receive an email that your documents are ready

and only AFTER receiving the email will the link on your reservation

show up to "order luggage tags". That is how it has always worked

for me anyway.

You are sailing April 5th? I am guessing you will receive that email

sometime next month or early March. I have always ordered them

about 6 weeks prior to the cruise.

Well actually, not that it matters much either way, but I've been able to request my tags 2 or 3 days BEFORE I received the email.

What were the people in the other cabin thinking? Didn't they report extra bags in their cabin? Didn't they think they should do something about it? Lets face it there's not much spare space for another 2 cases. Just seems a little thought could have solved the issue much earlier.

Unfortunately some people are completely clueless. Or unconcerned about others.

Hi Linda..... Woohoo .... back on Celebrity next year!

Hey guys' date=' good to see you! I looked at Australia/New Zealand for 2014, although probably a different cruise from the one you're on. Just couldn't handle the long flight which would be way more expensive than the cruise! I'll get there one of these days.[/size']

Well actually, not that it matters much either way, but I've been able to request my tags 2 or 3 days BEFORE I received the email.

Oh....ok. I guess I never looked prior to receiving the email.

Too bad you had to learn the hard way to always check the tags. In your excitement to start you're vacation you didn't bother to double check. What a bummer! Glad it all worked out. Checking the tags is a good idea at the port and also at the airport. I've caught a few tags on my luggage going only to a connecting airport rather than our final destination. I now know to double check the airline destination. Now I'll make sure to check the cruise line tags too! Thanks for the heads up.

This is very interesting thread vis-a-vis tags. Many years ago when I was deer hunting I used to attach the deer tag to the antler or even the leg of the deer. However, on one occassion the tag came off when I was dragging the deer through the woods. Thereafter, I simply cut a small hole in the deer's ear and affixed the tag thereto.

The simple point I am making that the permanence of the tag affixing is most important, whether it be deer, luggage or whatever.

Good point, but perhaps they were out the whole time and didn't realise that the extra bags were there until they returned from dinner.:D

Say, is it even POSSIBLE for non-US cruisers to get these luggage tags delivered or even printed yourself?

All we ever receive is this sample tag with the on.line cruise documents.

We get tags written up at the port. Never did we get the actual Celebrity luggage tags.

Say, is it even POSSIBLE for non-US cruisers to get these luggage tags delivered or even printed yourself?

We get tags written up at the port. Never did we get the actual Celebrity luggage tags.

We have always just printed our own from the E-documents. I do not think we have ever received the mailed out tags.:D

I order my tags on 'My Celebrity' about 4 weeks before sail date and have received them within a few days. Actually got two sets this time because my TA also also ordered them.

I had to call Celebrity myself a month ago about this very issue. You may only order your luggage tags 49 days out from your cruise. You may receive your cruise documents earlier than this. Have a GREAT cruise!

thank you for this. I just filled out all my pertinent info and printed my

boarding pass and could not, for the life of me, figure out where to print my

luggage tags:o The option for luggage tags wasn't there.

Now I feel much better.

Archived