Concierge v Sky suite? Which to choose?

Begete

We must decide by tomorrow morning whether to take a concierge room or a Sky Suite from San Diego to Hawaii and back.

From looking at the room drawings on the Celebrity site, there does not appear to be much difference other than a few extra square feet.

Is the Sky suite worth the extra money? if so, why?

Thank you.

I'm with the PP....unless it's an absurd amount of money I'd go with the SS in an instant. We've done both and would definitely prefer the SS. It doesn't seem a ton bigger when you look at the numbers but when you're actually in the room it is SO much more spacious. Not to mention all the suite benefits. I'd definitely go for it. :)

We had our 1st SS on our 14 day NY cruise and it will be hard to go back to CC unless the price is prohibited. There was a lot more room in the suite and bath; there were drawers we never even opened. We enjoyed the upgraded amenities, afternoon tea and cappuccino, breakfast on the balcony, etc. You also have the ability to dine in Blu and get 1 or 2 specialty restaurant dinners depending on the length of the cruise. Service was impeccable.

We booked a SS for our next cruise since we enjoyed it so much and are looking forward to dinner on the balcony which we did not due on our last cruise.

Mary Lou

I thought I read that on the Century, you are not entitled to a dinner in a specialty restaurant if staying in the sky suites, only if staying in the more expensive suites. I also read some criticisms of the food quality in the main dining room, so if the butler served meals come from the main dining room, that is why I question paying $1,000 more for a sky suite over a concierge room.

We are booking very late, so those are the only choices available.

I much appreciate all comments and suggestions, especially specifics of sky suite benefits on the Century.

Thank you.

If you stay in a SS you do get some free specialty dining - for our upcoming 14 nighter we each were given 2 and also if there is room, you can dine in Blu, plus the butler can do the work of scheduling your reservations etc. I've been in CC and liked it but I'd splurge and go suite!

We must decide by tomorrow morning whether to take a concierge room or a Sky Suite from San Diego to Hawaii and back.

From looking at the room drawings on the Celebrity site, there does not appear to be much difference other than a few extra square feet.

Is the Sky suite worth the extra money? if so, why?

Thank you.

As previously stated if you can afford it- extra room and storage space, a butler and some extra amenities, typically a free dinner in specialty restaurant the first night. If you can get a suite guarantee, you could also save money, but it could be a handicapped suite. The handicapped suite is typically larger then the regular sky suite- but the bathroom isn't the same as it allows for wheelchair access. Still a nice roomy cabin and bathroom.

If this is Century then the SS balcony is way bigger than CC. The balcony is almost the size of a CC room! On Century there is no Blu and only one specialty restaurant, might get an invite for complementary dining the first night but I wouldn't count on it.

On a 14-15 night to Hawaii with a bunch of sea days I think $1000 total extra would be a deal. If you can get deck 12 that's a wonderful location.

I realize you have made your decision and it was probably a good one. We have not been on Century so can't specifically say anything about that ship. We have been on 3 other Celebrity ships including the Summit 2 times - once in a sky suite and once in concierge class. We thoroughly enjoyed both. We loved the suite - not only was the cabin bigger but the bathroom was huge and the deck was a nice size. We booked a suite guaranty only about 3 weeks prior to sailing. It was really nice - only paid about $200 more than a balcony at that point in time.

For what it's worth, we are going on a 12 night med cruise on the Equinox this summer and went back to concierge class. Sky suites were about $2,000 per person more and we decided that would pay for all our excursions. Also, only have a couple of sea days so decided the bigger accomodations and amenities wouldn't mean as much.

You made a good choice and will have a great time.

We are doing the same cruise next month and opted for a SS. I think for us it came out to about $30pp/ per day more. We figured with all of the sea days we would really appreciate the large balcony and the extra space in the cabin. I think you made the right choice! :o

The Sky suite turned out to cost us $600 more than concierge, so I guess that is pretty reasonable for the 15 nights (300 each).

Did have a strange experience today. Phoned Celebrity to ask an unrelated question ( note to self for future: booking a cruise, airfare, etc, 8 days before departure is possibly NOT the wisest move ever made), and was informed that we were entitled to two complimentary dinners at Muranos. As I am intensely allergic to scented personal care products, our major reason for selecting a suite was so that we could have dinners served in our room. But since we were told it would be complimentary, we accepted her offer to transfer us to someone who would make the reservation (we were going to give it a try). That person told us Sky Suites did NOT entitle one to any complimentary dinners at specialty restaurants, which was my reading of the info on the website, but person number 1 told us the policy had just been changed.

Very strange....

Did have a strange experience today. Phoned Celebrity to ask an unrelated question ( note to self for future: booking a cruise, airfare, etc, 8 days before departure is possibly NOT the wisest move ever made), and was informed that we were entitled to two complimentary dinners at Muranos. As I am intensely allergic to scented personal care products, our major reason for selecting a suite was so that we could have dinners served in our room. But since we were told it would be complimentary, we accepted her offer to transfer us to someone who would make the reservation (we were going to give it a try). That person told us Sky Suites did NOT entitle one to any complimentary dinners at specialty restaurants, which was my reading of the info on the website, but person number 1 told us the policy had just been changed.Very strange....

I just looked on the Celebrity site or the Solstice Sky Suites and this was posted:

One complimentary dinner for two (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for two (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant

Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service

Main & specialty restaurant seating preferences sted:

The Sky suite turned out to cost us $600 more than concierge, so I guess that is pretty reasonable for the 15 nights (300 each).

Did have a strange experience today. Phoned Celebrity to ask an unrelated question ( note to self for future: booking a cruise, airfare, etc, 8 days before departure is possibly NOT the wisest move ever made), and was informed that we were entitled to two complimentary dinners at Muranos. As I am intensely allergic to scented personal care products, our major reason for selecting a suite was so that we could have dinners served in our room. But since we were told it would be complimentary, we accepted her offer to transfer us to someone who would make the reservation (we were going to give it a try). That person told us Sky Suites did NOT entitle one to any complimentary dinners at specialty restaurants, which was my reading of the info on the website, but person number 1 told us the policy had just been changed.

Very strange....

I am very sensitive to scents, although not allergic. Too often we have had to ask to move tables in a restaurant because someone sits down that has over done it, so I feel your pain.

I don't think that Century is included in the comp specialty restaurant dinner. My brochure states S class ships only. But, we also did a 5 day on Millenium last year in a SS and our butler arranged a comp dinner :confused:

We have been in SS and recieved to comp dinners. 1 Tuscan grill and 1 Murano. We could choose whatever restaurant we wanted.

The OP is on Century; this perk does not extend to the smaller classes of suites on Century as their is only one specialty venue and that would take up too many potential reservations if the perk was allotted to all suites.

We booked a SS for Sept to Bermuda on Summit. First time on Celebrity, D+ on RCCL. We always book suites on RCCL because they have tubs and I hate banging my elbows on shower stall walls. (They say that some people soap up the shower then just go in and spin a couple times.)

Question is this, can you take a shower in the tub in a SS? I saw a pic of a SS bathroom and it looks like tub is for baths and there was also a shower (which looks bigger than RCCL balcony showers).

We booked a SS for Sept to Bermuda on Summit. First time on Celebrity, D+ on RCCL. We always book suites on RCCL because they have tubs and I hate banging my elbows on shower stall walls. (They say that some people soap up the shower then just go in and spin a couple times.)

Question is this, can you take a shower in the tub in a SS? I saw a pic of a SS bathroom and it looks like tub is for baths and there was also a shower (which looks bigger than RCCL balcony showers).

Best sky suites on summit are 6145 and 6146 They have huge bathroom with a shower stall and bathtub. Beautiful marble all over. The other sky suites I believe have a combo bath and shower. Since I was also in a (guarentee suite) it was a handicapped sky suite it had a large shower and no tub Was also in 6145 and that was great! Hope that is the one you have!

Best sky suites on summit are 6145 and 6146 They have huge bathroom with a shower stall and bathtub. Beautiful marble all over. The other sky suites I believe have a combo bath and shower. Since I was also in a (guarentee suite) it was a handicapped sky suite it had a large shower and no tub Was also in 6145 and that was great! Hope that is the one you have!

We were booked in 9117 but switched to 8117 because we perceived there would be noise from deck 10...

You answered my question, we have a bath/shower combo - perfect!

Archived