Fire on Carnival Triumph. No engines, running on emergency generators.

nixonzm

Latest from the ship:

They've had no power since sunrise. Food is available, but scarce. The toilet issue is very bad with passengers having to use buckets. And apparently the ship is listing... which has many passengers very scared.

Another Carnival ship pulled alongside Triumph, and passengers were able to use their cellphones to call home.

A bad situation that's going to get worse over the next few days.

I think it was more of a change then a cut back, take away something from the 80s add something new. I quite enjoyed the cutbacks on the dream ship....no longer just the buffet but about 6 other choices..if that's a cutback please do more.

Seriously nobody died like 5 other folks on a cruise today but ohh my....Sh!t happens. Feel sorry for those on board and or booked. But please turn on nancy grace and get back to your usual program.

There have been so many visible changes that have reduced headcounts and when it comes to the passenger experenice - I guess you could argue that big screen TVs instead of live entertainers on the pool deck and the lounges and smaller waitstaffs and fewerhousekeepers are just changes -not cuts. But it would not be semantics if it was discovered that ccl also "improved" its maitenace program and reduced the headcounts there too. I find it hard to believe that they would have increased the size of the engineering staff and all the new technology must require some engineering support.

Unbelievable. The first two incidents could have been flukes, but after Splendor, Concordia, and now Triumph, shame on Carnival. I refuse to sail on anything newer than Destiny if I return to Carnival.

They need to take a serious look at their two year track record against the rest of the mainstream industry.

Latest from the ship:

They've had no power since sunrise. Food is available, but scarce. The toilet issue is very bad with passengers having to use buckets. And apparently the ship is listing... which has many passengers very scared.

Another Carnival ship pulled alongside Triumph, and passengers were able to use their cellphones to call home.

A bad situation that's going to get worse over the next few days.

Yes but you have people posting on this very board that they would love to be on this ship. No one in their right mind would want to be on this ship.

LOL. You flunk Physics.

Really? And why is that? Quite basic to parallel their grids after you connect. You would need some transfer switches along with sync and protective relays of course. Also have to have the proper programming mode set up for the governor and sequencer. They use 4 power cables and a neutral.

Real glad no serious injuries reported.

I've been wondering if the deployment of the fire suppression system and not the actual fire contributed to the loss of propulsion. Does anyone know what type of fire suppression might be deployed in a Triumph engine room?

Really? And why is that? Quite basic to parallel their grids after you connect. You would need some transfer switches along with sync and protective relays of course. Also have to have the proper programming mode set up for the governor and sequencer. They use 4 power cables and a neutral.

Those ships are not docked, there on the ocean, and they have to keep a good distance apart from each other.

Am I wrong in my thoughts, but wasn't the Concordia disaster the fault of the CAPTAIN? That was not CCL's fault....I might be wrong (I am super sure if I am someone will correct me).:eek:

Also to whoever posted about the ship apparently listing.... may I ask where you got that information from ?

Unbelievable. The first two incidents could have been flukes, but after Splendor, Concordia, and now Triumph, shame on Carnival. I refuse to sail on anything newer than Destiny if I return to Carnival.

They need to take a serious look at their two year track record against the rest of the mainstream industry.

They've had fires on Ecstasy and Tropacale not to mention the fires they've had on their Princess line. Not sure if they owned Cunard back during the Norway incident. I don't think age of ship is the biggest factor here.

Seems to be a lot of speculation and very little in the way of facts. :rolleyes:

I would have loved to have been on Splendor then and Triumph now. A free cruise now and a free cruise later for a little inconvenience. ;)

Carnival is more than generous and typically goes far above and beyond anything required by the cruise contract. :)

For 3 days with no lights cold food no hot water, i wouldnt do it even if they offered me a free world cruise on Cunard in the Queens grill

They've had fires on Ecstasy and Tropacale not to mention the fires they've had on their Princess line. Not sure if they owned Cunard back during the Norway incident. I don't think age of ship is the biggest factor here.

The Norway was an NCL ship.

You may be correct. But bottom line, they need to make some serious adjustments. Three incidents like this in such a short time is absolutely inexcusable.

They also had a fire on the Celebration in the mid 90's that left the ship afloat for several days before they could tow it to San Juan. Last February the Costa Allegra had an engine room fire that left the ship dead in the water and had to be towed.

We were due to sail on the Norway a month after the fire. When we heard of the fire it was scary. Glad we were not on it when it happened.

I agree. Where are they seeing the ship is listing.

I refuse to sail on anything newer than Destiny if I return to Carnival.

I haven't read much about engine fires/propulsion issues on older Fantasy Class ships. I'm sure theres been a few problems, but most of these issues I read about are on ships built after Destiny.

Archived