"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

We are sailing on the Breakaway for "Jersey Week" in November. I was more than happy to spend a little extra just so I don't have to purchase airline tickets!!

Need another new ship in the NYC area for 2014's Jersey Week! :p

Oh, we're just south of Toms River on the Barnegat Bay. After Sandy, I'm still fixing up the house, but so looking forward to rolling out of bed and onto a ship!

I also thought it was an interesting comment that Quantum is up for the game to compete with the Breakaway. I realize that they were speaking about innovations, but it's still interesting, none-the-less, that the Quantum is being compared to the Breakaway. Also considering that the comments came after being challenged on how the RCCL fleet is aging and NCL is commanding higher prices for her ships, it still leads me to hope that the Quantum (or perhaps her sister ship) has been designed to compete with the newer NCL ships... Breakaway specifically.

This north-easterner still has a few fingers crossed that a Quantum class ship will eventually land in Port Liberty.:cool:

Exactly... hey, if they really need the time to build a new terminal we'd settle for the Anthem out of NJ ;)

We are sailing on the Breakaway for "Jersey Week" in November. I was more than happy to spend a little extra just so I don't have to purchase airline tickets!!

Need another new ship in the NYC area for 2014's Jersey Week! :p

Oh, we're just south of Toms River on the Barnegat Bay. After Sandy, I'm still fixing up the house, but so looking forward to rolling out of bed and onto a ship!

I love the Barnegat Bay, I had my boat in Dicks Landing, Bayville for many years. My best friends house in Lanoka Harbor was destroyed due to Sandy. My mom lives off of exit 80 on the GSP. If the QOS fails to visit us during Jersey Week 2014, we will do the Breakaway again. We area also scheduled to sail on her to Bermuda, late August 2014. We area sailing with you on the EXOS in April 2014.

Ken

Just finished a conversation with some RCCL insiders, they confirmed Quantum is not going to NY/NJ.
Did this insider tell you to go ahead and post it here on CC before the official annoucement is made by the President and CEO of the Company??:rolleyes:

Did this insider tell you to go ahead and post it here on CC before the official annoucement is made by the President and CEO of the Company??:rolleyes:

:):)

We are also doing the Breakaway in August 2014. We are on the Wall/Brick Border.

We are near the Howell/Jackson border. Since we are taking two Breakaway cruises within seven months (crusing with family in January for a birthday celebration), we plan waiting until Spring 2015, when we hope to sail on either the Quantum or the Anthem.

I would have thought Port Everglades. The ship is due Q3, 2014 (i.e. before the end of 9/30/14). Oasis would be in Europe, thus an open spot at Terminal 18 for some time. In any case Port Canaveral or Miami is still good.

I have heard the completion date listed as "October 2014." Oasis will return to Fort Lauderdale on Oct. 27, 2014 -- not much time to do much with Quantum while Oasis is away.

We are near the Howell/Jackson border. Since we are taking two Breakaway cruises within seven months (crusing with family in January for a birthday celebration), we plan waiting until Spring 2015, when we hope to sail on either the Quantum or the Anthem.

Very nice !!! Lets all hope for a New Build from RCCL in Bayonne :)

Does anyone else feel like the ship keeps growing?! I thought she was to hold only 4,100 passengers but now it's 4,900 +?! :eek: That and an increased tonnage from the first figure.

Literally can't wait for tomorrow, I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight! :D

Does anyone else feel like the ship keeps growing?! I thought she was to hold only 4,100 passengers but now it's 4,900 +?! :eek: That and an increased tonnage from the first figure.

Literally can't wait for tomorrow, I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight! :D

That's Max capacity. It should be an interesting Tuesday in NYC.

I have heard the completion date listed as "October 2014." Oasis will return to Fort Lauderdale on Oct. 27, 2014 -- not much time to do much with Quantum while Oasis is away.

If you go back and look at the video link you sent from CNBC earlier today, the second line wityh the ship stats says"TO BE COMPLETED IN Q3 2014". So if that schedule is still good, then maybe. We will know soon. Thanks!

Just saw a video of the Quantum.

Will try to link.

The ship will feature bumper cars, skydiving and sail out of the New York area.

It also has an "arm" extending out into the air with a pod attached to it. The arm is just behind the mast.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/videos/show-video/prepare-to-be-wowed/

The video is below the "prepare to be WOWED" vid.

When I now click on the Quantum video the site is "currently unavailable".

Just saw a video of the Quantum.

Will try to link.

The ship will feature bumper cars, skydiving and sail out of the New York area.

It also has an "arm" extending out into the air with a pod attached to it. The arm is just behind the mast.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/videos/show-video/prepare-to-be-wowed/

The video is below the "prepare to be WOWED" vid.

When I now click on the Quantum video the site is "currently unavailable".

WOW :D:D:D

Yipeeee "New York New York is a wonderful place " :D

Sailing out of the New York area, the new Quantum of the Seas elevates cruising. With newly designed staterooms, game-changing-technology, groundbreaking venues and the best dining ever, it won’t be long before you find a huge WOW upon your lips.

___

WELCOME TO NEW YORK, QUANTUM OF THE SEAS! :D

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/connect/videos/show-video/introducing-quantum-of-the-seas/

Archived