"Sunshine" or Quantum of the Seas from Cape Liberty,Starting Decembe 2014 ???

FIRELT5

Anyone else have eyes on a cabin ??My cabin is picked out, I love the long angular D-1 balcony's. Reminds me of the 1A cats on the solstice class :)
You're quick.....I still didn't look at the deck plans yet.

I think the insider had a cloudy crystal ball. He/She confused South Beach with Times Square.:D:D
Good one!:D

Anyone else have eyes on a cabin ??My cabin is picked out, I love the long angular D-1 balcony's. Reminds me of the 1A cats on the solstice class :)

I think I will stick with a D8 as I am planning on doing more than one sailing so gotta keep the cost down a bittie....as long as I am on the ship and have a balcony then I am not really bothered where my cabin is.

I think I will stick with a D8 as I am planning on doing more than one sailing so gotta keep the cost down a bittie....as long as I am on the ship and have a balcony then I am not really bothered where my cabin is.

The next 18 months should be exciting. Just in time for my retirement :)

Well still a lot to be revealed and so far lots of interesting new lounges like Two70 and The Musical hall which draws my attention to the ship and make me interested to cruise with her, but...the general layout is exactly the same as the Celebrity Cruises Solstice class only an enlarged version.

So it's not a big leap in maritime architecture development as E.G. Oasis of the Seas or the new Aida ships being constructed in Japan.

I'm sure she will be a joyfull experience, but for me I'm disapointed...

The next 18 months should be exciting. Just in time for my retirement :)

I am still trying to figure out why they did not give the actual Inaugural date...kinda makes me wonder if they are planning to have a European Inaugural first or if there is another reason for not announcing the date.:confused:

I guess they will announce it soon...otherwise how can we book next month if we don't know the date...or where we are going. :confused:

Did I miss any pullmans on the Quantum??? I looked over the deckplans and am surprised that I don't see any pullman availability in any of the staterooms. Allure/Oasis don't have many, but at least they have a few available if you book early enough.

Saw Quantum is heading to Martinique :D. And Barbados - 12 delightful nights! :D

Future Cruises:

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Caribbean-2013

Celebrity-Summit-Bermuda-2013

Past Cruises:

NCL-Norwegian Gem-Bahamas-2012

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2012

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2011

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2011

RCCL-Allure of the Seas-Labadee Extravaganza-2010

NCL-Norwegian Jewel-Bahamas-2010

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda/Bahamas-2010

NCL-Norwegian Jewel-New England & Canada-2009

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Eastern Caribbean-2009

HAL- Eurodam-NYC Introduction Cruise-2008

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Southern Caribbean-2008

RCCL-Radiance of the Seas-Hawaii Circle-2007

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006

RCCL-Explorer of the Seas-Bermuda-2006

RCCL-Jewel of the Seas-Westbound Transatlantic-2005

RCCL-Voyager of the Seas-Western Caribbean-2004

RCCL-Serenade of the Seas-Canada-2003

You could always hang out then and wait to see where they put Anthem too. She'll only be 6 months later and perhaps she'll wind up down in Florida, at least seasonally.

If I were in charge of Royal, I'd probably have Anthem sail seasonally from Southampton then winter in Miami sailing interesting (read: different than the standard Oasis/Allure ports) 8 night / 6 night Caribbean itineraries.

Ya guess it just depends on time frame. My oasis TA cruise next oct is around that time so we will see.

I'm sorry it's just that NJ, specifically the northeastern side of NJ, is a gloomy, nasty, and a miserable place to visit, much less start a cruise. There are be nice areas in NJ, but you certainly don't see them between Newark or NY and Cape Liberty. It is a miserable area and the passengers reflect it. It leaves passengers from other areas a terrible taste in their mouth and I think if, God forbid, RCI is going to leave from the NYC area, it should be from the terminals in New York, which actually has something to offer.

Well, I'm sorry that RCCL management did not consult you on their placement of the big "Q". They must be either stupid or plain looney. :D .

Yep, our evening exercise is to sit down and look at the deck plans. Making a list of the cabins of interest. Plan to have a list ready for D1, JS, and the new SJ. Hopefully, we can secure one of them. So excited.

Also, have not checked, but any thoughts about the first full sailing. Will it run the 12 day?

I am still trying to figure out why they did not give the actual Inaugural date...kinda makes me wonder if they are planning to have a European Inaugural first or if there is another reason for not announcing the date.:confused:

I guess they will announce it soon...otherwise how can we book next month if we don't know the date...or where we are going. :confused:

When Adam G was asked about the inaugural date he said late November and then 'I can't remember the exact date' or something to that effect. Kind of made me chuckle that he either really did not know or just did not want to say :)

Yep, our evening exercise is to sit down and look at the deck plans. Making a list of the cabins of interest. Plan to have a list ready for D1, JS, and the new SJ. Hopefully, we can secure one of them. So excited.

Also, have not checked, but any thoughts about the first full sailing. Will it run the 12 day?

I have just spent the last half hour looking at deck plans again because silly me forgot about the studio cabins :o So been looking at one of them for me and D8 for my son and his GF.

Then I noticed there are E1's...oh yes and then DO (balcony obstructed oceanview) so now I am more confused than ever :o:D

It would be wonderful to do a 12 day for the Inaugural but I suspect that would be rather expensive. Hopefully soon they will tell us how long and when and where for the Inaugural.:D

When Adam G was asked about the inaugural date he said late November and then 'I can't remember the exact date' or something to that effect. Kind of made me chuckle that he either really did not know or just did not want to say :)

Rather strange though don't you think Emmy ?

Oh wait..isn't it this week that Winter Caribbean & Northeast itineraries will be announced? Could it be connected in some way with that I wonder ?:confused:

I have just spent the last half hour looking at deck plans again because silly me forgot about the studio cabins :o So been looking at one of them for me and D8 for my son and his GF.

Then I noticed there are E1's...oh yes and then DO (balcony obstructed oceanview) so now I am more confused than ever :o:D

It would be wonderful to do a 12 day for the Inaugural but I suspect that would be rather expensive. Hopefully soon they will tell us how long and when and where for the Inaugural.:D

I saw those DO also - some are in a good location with nice size balconies. Just wonder how "obstructed" they are?

Rather strange though don't you think Emmy ?

Oh wait..isn't it this week that Winter Caribbean & Northeast itineraries will be announced? Could it be connected in some way with that I wonder ?:confused:

I did think it was strange that the President of the Company would forget the exact date of the inaugural sailing lol

I did think it was strange that the President of the Company would forget the exact date of the inaugural sailing lol

On other questions, like the North Star, there was someone in the front row who was able to correct him when he wasn't sure. It was crickets on that question. I wonder what's up with that. :confused:

I saw those DO also - some are in a good location with nice size balconies. Just wonder how "obstructed" they are?

I don't think I would mind an obstructed balcony..heck with this ship I would never been in my cabin much at all anyway.

Off to study deck plans again :D

On other questions, like the North Star, there was someone in the front row who was able to correct him when he wasn't sure. It was crickets on that question. I wonder what's up with that. :confused:

Oh yes the how many people can go in the North Star question...Harry had to give him the answer....13, but he didn't like that answer and said 14 :D

Oh and did you hear Richard saying about being superstitious on ships...umm Quantum has a deck 13 (no deck 13 on Oasis or Allure).

Archived