Yikes. Price increase

MBRN

Ok I have to admit I am one of those who looks at least twice a day some times more on my cruise FOS july. I looked today and WOW what a price increase!!!!!! I hope it goes down soon. Any thoughts on this, have other people seen their cruise go up $$$$ then take a nose dive down?:confused:

Ok I have to admit I am one of those who looks at least twice a day some times more on my cruise FOS july. I looked today and WOW what a price increase!!!!!! I hope it goes down soon. Any thoughts on this, have other people seen their cruise go up $$$$ then take a nose dive down?:confused:

Always happens for me that way that it goes up. Never goes down after I book.

Some seem to think that's great, but I keep hoping for a price fall!

Take it from a pretty experienced cruiser:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/04/18/640-cruises-and-counting-tips-from-royal-caribbeans-most-loyal-passenger/

- 65 percent of Mario’s cruises from 2008 to 2010 rose in price after he booked; 20 percent stayed even; and 15 percent became cheaper (those were mostly off-season sailings).

I'm on FOS 6/19. The prices have increased, but there was a two hr window about 3 weeks ago that had the lowest rates for almost the catergories. I was checking like hourly for about 8 hrs. that day...like most days. Then I decided to get some work done. Between the hrs. 2-4pm they decided to drop prices. I was soooo mad I missed it!

Your FOS prices have increased about the same amount of money as my cruise date.

Cruises do drop in price after final payment date, but they also fill up!

I book as soon as I am interested in going. Your deposit is 100% refundable up to final payment date. I then watch the price 2x/day for price drops, which RCCL will honor up to final payment date.

I booked my upcoming cruise at $1369 pp, and with two price drops, have it at $1009 pp. We are two weeks before final payment date, and it is SOLD OUT in our cabin category.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2012/04/18/640-cruises-and-counting-tips-from-royal-caribbeans-most-loyal-passenger/

- 65 percent of Mario’s cruises from 2008 to 2010 rose in price after he booked; 20 percent stayed even; and 15 percent became cheaper (those were mostly off-season sailings).

That interview wowed me. I had to keep reading some of the sentences over again for it to all sink in, lol.

His average expenditure per week is $2500 and he only does JS.

btw he usually books 2-3 YEARS out and it is probably harder to get a cheaper price than that unless the ship is really not selling well and they have priced the cabins high to start with. This often happens with various spring break sailings and Explorer Bermuda sailings. They both start out way high but come down at some point.

Good morn everyone. I looked again this morn and they are still up about $100 for my cruise so I will just keep on looking every day and my fingers are crossed that it comes down. This will be our second cruise but our first for FOS can't wait.

Yes! I booked my October 2013 cruise in October 2012. I monitor the price a few times a week via a website that tracks prices. My sailing has been going up and down like a roller coaster.

Yes! I booked my October 2013 cruise in October 2012. I monitor the price a few times a week via a website that tracks prices. My sailing has been going up and down like a roller coaster.

What website do you use to track pricing? Would be helpful to alot of us here. Thanks in advance.

We're running about 50/50, and we always book as soon as the schedules are released so we can get the cabin we want (typically 450+ days out). We've had about half of our cruises where the price never dropped (and ultimately went up), about a quarter that dropped only once, and about a quarter that dropped multiple times. On our next FOS cruise (May), we snagged three separate price drops. Now that we're near final payment date, the price has slowly crept up, and now it is more than what we originally booked for last February.

It can also be Cabin Category. I can tell you that Suite Cabins usually only go up, as they are very limited in availability. If any one cabin class is selling more quickly than others, the price is likely to go up. I am sure that there are some very complex algorithms to automatically adjust the prices.

Have met Mario a few times on my cruises

I booked two inside cabins for the March 30th NOS cruise back in December. Price (not including port taxes) was $609pp at that time. Today, same category but one deck down, there are only two staterooms available, for $839pp. :eek: It seems so odd to me that some couple could end up paying almost $500 more for the same crappy inside cabin. Glad I decided to book when I did, it has not been below $700pp every time I've looked since then.

It can also be Cabin Category. I can tell you that Suite Cabins usually only go up, as they are very limited in availability. If any one cabin class is selling more quickly than others, the price is likely to go up. I am sure that there are some very complex algorithms to automatically adjust the prices.

I am sailing on the Navigator in March. I initially booked a D cabin. (corner aft, of course ;)) JS prices dropped BELOW what my D1 was costing.

JS prices are now about 50% higher than what we are paying.

Our cabin is an E2. First time for a balcony for us. last one we had a inside cabin. there is a whole group of us going in total there is about 20 of us going. A few of us are next to each other and a few are on other floors. My sister and neice are going this will be their first cruise!!! Our first cruise was in Aug of 08 on MOS . I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to cruising so I ask this ?: What are the 5 most important things you would pack, besides husband, passport and camera?

Our cabin is an E2. First time for a balcony for us. last one we had a inside cabin. there is a whole group of us going in total there is about 20 of us going. A few of us are next to each other and a few are on other floors. My sister and neice are going this will be their first cruise!!! Our first cruise was in Aug of 08 on MOS . I still consider myself a newbie when it comes to cruising so I ask this ?: What are the 5 most important things you would pack, besides husband, passport and camera?

Plenty of other threads on this subject, you'll find more info looking in those places than you will within this price-related thread.

(Not being snarky, just truthful -- you want the most responses possible, whereas only people interested in price increases will even open this thread, let alone see your request.)

Archived