Main Dining Room - Menus

The ships cat

Has anyone out there got any up to date dinner menus from the main dining room ? Also, in the unlikely event that you may not feel like anything off the menu :eek: , do Azamara have an 'Always available' on their dinner menu simarlarly to Celebrity ?

Many thanks

Has anyone out there got any up to date dinner menus from the main dining room ? Also, in the unlikely event that you may not feel like anything off the menu :eek: , do Azamara have an 'Always available' on their dinner menu simarlarly to Celebrity ?

Many thanks

Can't help you with the up-to-date menu, but there are indeed "Always Available" selections. Assuming they haven't been altered in the last 6 months, my wife, who often avails herself of those offerings, would particularly recommend the salmon and the chicken. Side dishes, including rice and potatoes, are also listed.

On our last cruise we were appreciative that the "Always Available" section of the menu had been expanded from our previous experience.

All that being said, your server can certainly provide alternatives to the daily menus.

While I don't have any menus, I can tell you that we were on the Quest last month and did not run out of acceptable dinner entrees in 16 days. On the left side of the menu, there is a list of "always available" choices as well. If there is something that you would like that is not on the menu, ask the maitre d' and, if they have the ingredients, it can be prepared for you for dinner the next night.

I should also add that if you prefer a wine that was served earlier in the cruise, it can usually be found for you.

Edited by tgg

Hi Tgg,

Is there more than one veggie option on the menu? Or can you ask for a larger salad as a main course? I'm not a strict veggie. I just don't like a pile of meat and prefer veggies and rabbit food!

Thanks, Joan

Hi Tgg,

Is there more than one veggie option on the menu? Or can you ask for a larger salad as a main course? I'm not a strict veggie. I just don't like a pile of meat and prefer veggies and rabbit food!

Thanks, Joan

I know there is one veggie entree at dinner. You can always ask for any appetizer upsized and served as your entree. One night I asked for the caesar salad with shrimp as my entree and it was more than large enough - and they added 5 large shrimp. Some nights I ordered an appetizer, soup and salad and had more than enough to eat (especially when the dessert was chocolate "something"). I'm not a vegetarian, but there were just some night when I didn't want meat. Salmon is always available as is chicken. I guess my point is that you will not run out of acceptable choices.

Many thanks

Hi Everyone,

FYI, in recent weeks, I've asked Azamara for updated MDR/Specialty Dining menus (if any). If there's anything new, I'm hopeful Azamara will provide them to us.

If I receive an update, I will post on this thread.

• 8 months later...

There is no formal night on Azamara - all nights are open dining and smart casual dress. Lobster will certainly appear at some point on the menu, but you will have plenty other items to choose as well that night

There is no formal night on Azamara - all nights are open dining and smart casual dress. Lobster will certainly appear at some point on the menu, but you will have plenty other items to choose as well that night

I didn't see lobster on the menu last year...how could I have missed that?:confused::confused:

The only time I had lobster was in Aqualina.

It certainly was on the MDR menu one night and was also available the night of the Seafood Buffet upstairs so we had it three times in 11 days (counting our Aqualina visit)

I had heard about the seafood buffet before we sailed but, unfortunately, it never happened on our cruise. I watched for it all the time. :(

And....I'm so glad they don't have the formal nights on Azamara. Men's suits are not fun to pack. I think nice dress pants and a nice shirt is much more comfortable for men too...and no changing after dinner.

Edited by midwestchick

I had heard about the seafood buffet before we sailed but, unfortunately, it never happened on our cruise. I watched for it all the time. :(

And....I'm so glad they don't have the formal nights on Azamara. Men's suits are not fun to pack. I think nice dress pants and a nice shirt is much more comfortable for men too...and no changing after dinner.

That is where we do differ in views (its as well the world does not have us all the same) we like to dress up and never change after dinner. We often pack the tux as husband loves it and I love cocktail dresses

That is where we do differ in views (its as well the world does not have us all the same) we like to dress up and never change after dinner. We often pack the tux as husband loves it and I love cocktail dresses

Didn't see anybody dressed even close to that last month! Definitely a dress-down, not dress-up, crowd, much more casual than even on our cruise just one year earlier.

OK by me; I'm in black slacks and a dressy top each evening and what others wear did not affect my enjoyment of this wonderful cruise line one bit.

Edited by CintiPam

Didn't see anybody dressed even close to that last month! Definitely a dress-down, not dress-up, crowd, much more casual than even on our cruise just one year earlier.

OK by me; I'm in black slacks and a dressy top each evening and what others wear did not affect my enjoyment of this wonderful cruise line one bit.

I will be a lot more casual on the California Coastal as we in CA are very under dressed..jeans are the norm..

Jancruz1

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Tgg,

Thanks, Joan

We really liked the flexibility of the menu. Ever day there were 3/4 appetisers, 2 soups and three salads, a salad entree, a pasta entree and 5/6 mains, plus all the always available options. If you fancy the salad entree as a salad course or the pasta as an appetiser, you can ask to have a smaller portion. In fact you can have practically anything you want. The evening meal was the highlight of our cruise!

I will be a lot more casual on the California Coastal as we in CA are very under dressed..jeans are the norm..

Jancruz1

jeans are not allowed in any restaurant at night. bad enough people wesr shorts to the buffet an then the show. .been to CA several times never saw jeans at dinner anywhere.

Asheville maybe- but dressy ones.

jeans are not allowed in any restaurant at night. bad enough people wesr shorts to the buffet an then the show. .been to CA several times never saw jeans at dinner anywhere.

Asheville maybe- but dressy ones.

I have to disagree on the jeans thing. Last year we did see men in jeans in the MDR....granted, they were not blue but I saw men in white jeans and black jeans and they certainly were not dressy.

As far as shorts at the buffet...we did eat there one evening and my DH wore shorts. Nice, dressy shorts that were ironed. I was not offened by anyone in the least for wearing shorts to the buffet.....after all, we were totally in line with the dress code. We would never have even attempted to go to the MDR dressed like that.

DINING: WHAT (AND WHAT NOT) TO WEAR

In all of our dining rooms, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code, following good taste and common sense. Bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts, and jeans are not allowed in the main dining room or two specialty restaurants. (Khakis and other trousers are fine.)

When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt.

In Prime C, Aqualina and Discoveries Restaurant, many guests enjoying dressing up. Formal evening wear (tuxedos and gowns) is not expected. We recommend that men bring a sport coat or suit; this attire comes in handy for evenings onshore as well. For women, dining attire includes dresses, skirts, blouses with pants and capris, and other appropriate attire.

I know this is not a 'dress code thread', but just because one can 'get away with' something, doesn't make it right. Above are Azamara's 'rules'.

In 2012 I was listening tothe then harpist and saw people turned away due to jeans. Yet in Prime C i did see thrm hte very first night of cruise. It was because their suitcases were MIA. Personally I would not of gone in there but gone to the buffet for dinner.

As far as lobster goes I see it all the time in the speciality restaurants. i rarely go to the MDR so it might or might not have lobster. As someone from Boston i prefer not to eat it at all on the ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off 13 days on the Quest and in the 4 years of traveling on Azamara on the Quest and Journey, the menu has NEVER changed. The rotation is the same. 11 days into the cruise I said to my friends, we have not had chicken parm night and there it was the next night. Time to add some things.

Phyllis