Very Poor Response and Customer Service From Carnival. Please read..

Arcticcat

Has nothing to do with me....... I spent good money on two cruises back to back. If Carnival is a bad company for neglecting basic needs for people, then I have THE RIGHT to request a refund... This is 2012. There is other options to get that ship to a shore so passengers can transfer to another boat. It costs $$$$$ Tsite...

And you know all of this how? Because they won't refund your booked cruise's?

I'm sure you know far more about maritime safety than the cruise line and there is no doubt you should be able to cancel and get your money back. I also think Carnival needs to hire you for your expertise as I am sure you are the most knowledgeable passenger there is on any cruise line.

Please send your resume to Carnival in Miami so you can be hired immediately, or if you don't want to move now, send it to ALL cruise lines and you probably, with all you know, will be hired as a Chief Consultant.

Nice reply! I was trying to compose something similar but was afraid I would get banned.

So many experts online....and none work for the cruise lines.

Has nothing to do with me....... I spent good money on two cruises back to back. If Carnival is a bad company for neglecting basic needs for people, then I have THE RIGHT to request a refund... This is 2012. There is other options to get that ship to a shore so passengers can transfer to another boat. It costs $$$$$ Thats what this is all about. So ya it does affect me, cause if it happens on either one of my cruises, you clowns will come back and say, you knew what you were getting into or it was your decision. Yes it is my decision, and if I lost confidence in the company thats my decision. Ya they won't refund my money..... Who cares. Thats a drop in the bucket. You pro Carnival lovers, they can do no wrong and heaven forbid a poster dosn't agree with you, you all gang up on him like a old boys club. You know what site this is? Cruise CRITIC. It means to criticise. That is what im doing. But you can't take ciriticism, so best you leave to another site...

It's 2013 actually

then I have THE RIGHT to request a refund... ...

No you do not. The cruise contract that Im sure you have agreed to the terms of already basically gives you NO rights.

Cry and whine all you want to but you are full of self entitlement. They owe you nothing just because you want to cancel a couple cruises on other ships based on what has happened on Triumph.

Either go and have a good time or forfeit the money and take your losses. thats the ONLY rights you have.

And I am NOT a Carnival "cheerleader"

No you do not. The cruise contract that Im sure you have agreed to the terms of already basically gives you NO rights.

Cry and whine all you want to but you are full of self entitlement. They owe you nothing just because you want to cancel a couple cruises on other ships based on what has happened on Triumph.

Either go and have a good time or forfeit the money and take your losses. thats the ONLY rights you have

And I am NOT a Carnival "cheerleader"

You have the right to request it and they have the right to say NO

Just got off the phone with Carnival. I called inquiring about cancelling our two cruises that are fully paid for. Wanted to know what our options were.

Due to the Triumph issues I agree accidents happen, but DON"T agree with the way they handled it. They could of brought another ship out there to get the passangers off.

So I called to see what Carnivals attitude towards upcoming passengers. Its not good.

If you paid for your cruise they are NOT offering refunds. Its a Triumph issue not a Victory or a Liberty issue is there response.

I was told as far as compensation to future passengers, there has not been any brought out to this point.

So in a nutshell, if your unsure about the cruiseline or have concerns about the response, your SOL.

Im booked in two weeks on the Victory then right after on the Liberty. They don't care about loyalty, they just want the money!:(

I can empathize with you on this. I'm booked on the Dream (leaving in 92 days). I was on the telephone yesterday just to verify the cancellation policy. In fact, I was just about to tell the Carnival customer service agent, who was very cordial and helpful, that I wanted to cancel, but something stopped me.

While I do believe the Carnival brand of ships has a maintenance problem, we put ourselves in danger every single day if we fly, drive, or use mass transit. This same sort of thing will probably happen again on another Carnival ship. It's unrealistic to think otherwise, but I still want to cruise. I may never cruise again on Carnival, but I will take the chance again, and I will enjoy my cruise.

You seem to be scared and panicking about your cruises and it has absolutely NOTHING to do with Carnival. It's your own personal problem and since Carnival has righfully denied you a refund you can either go on the cruises and have fun or stay home and lose the money. It's up to you. I'd hate to live my life on "what-if" scenarios and worrying all the time. Life is too short, live it to the fullest, and enjoy it!! I'll be sailing on the Valor this summer and I can't wait! This incident hasn't had any affect on my decision to cruise. I've never had any issues on any of my past cruises and I hope I never do but I understand that things happen and you should too. Have fun and at least TRY to enjoy your cruise.

Agree!

You didn't seem to have a problem booking after the Splendor problem. Why now?

Agree 2x!!

Arcticcat - if you are that worried about cruising, do you have a Dr. who can write you an "excuse note" saying you have noro, or something to that effect? You would have to wait till the last minute to do so, call CCL, call your travel insurance, call the airlines, etc. It will take about 6 weeks to get all your money back, but you will. (if the Dr. is willing to fill out the paperwork and fib for you) If you are looking for a way out of the cruises to you booked, while it isn't exactly kosher, maybe it will help you. If not, you can 1. go and try to enjoy yourself, or 2. forfeit the money for peace of mind, if you can't go and enjoy yourself.

1) thank you for an interesting topic during my lunch

2) some of your comments OP show a great lack of knowledge

3) stuff happens. There were 60 accidents this morning in my county....I'm still driving those roads....I saw a car stuck on the grassy median as I got to work....I'm still driving. These situations did not involve me just like this ship does not.

4) unless you are a hermit in a bunker....you are facing death every single day....so get over yourself. You will not get a dime!!!

5) I do not work carnival. I bet their people are paid more then me haha

Sent from the awesome Gailerina using my iPhone!

Quite frankly, I feel Carnival did all that they could do under the circumstances. Being stranded 150 miles from shore is, to put it mildly, not good.

The ship cannot just "drop anchor"--the waters are way too deep there. They don't have 20,000 feet+ of chains on several anchors it would take to stabilize the boat.

You can't just "bring another boat out and offload" Can you imagine the disastrous results of that? People would be injured, maimed, even killed in the process of trying to transfer from one ship to another. And they would have to leave all their belongings behind! The safety logistics alone aren't feasible. Not to mention that you can't just conjure up a boat to hold 3000+ people out of thin air that is ready and available for the task.

And lifeboats? That's a joke, right? Sure, they could offload people into lifeboats, but then what? The engines in those boats aren't designed for a 150 mile trip to shore, there is no where to store that kind of fuel on board those boats. Lifeboats are designed to get people off a sinking ship and stay put. There are no facilities on board. There is no food on board. Passengers would be packed in like sardines and no where to go.

Everyone has missed my point. The point is, I personally think Carnival could of done more to get those passengers off the boat. Whether it means tow it to the closest shore wher you can Tender to another cruise boat, or something else. If it was as simple as you can't transfer people from one boat to another than why didn't the CEO say the reasoning?

You guys make it sound like this is a first time. This isn't. The Splendor cost 40 million in litigation ect to Carnival.

For me Customer service is key. They do not seem to care about the passangers on that ship. If your wife or husband was involved in a fight over food or crapping in a bag or dealing with the drunks that is being reported by cnn, how would you feel. Way to many pro Carnival people here.... Carnival can do no wrong. And im sorry $500.00 for people who have missed income from not being at work ect ect is a drop in the bucket. Now jump on me again like the bullies you are....

If they got close enough to the shore to tender, they don't need to transfer to another ship (which wasn't available anyway)....just tender to shore.

I may be wrong (and I am sure you will correct me if I am), but I don't think Carnival gets to make the decision on transferring from one ship to another in the middle of the Gulf.....I think that is going to be up to the Coast Guard.....and the Coast Guard already denied transferring the sister of an ill passenger. Whatever makes you think they are going to transfer 3000+ people!

I bet you would scream and yell if they did transfer them to another ship and someone died during the transfer. You would probably say they never should have tried it!

Absurd? They CAN anchor (manually), they tender all the time, transfer ship to ship! Wow must be lots of Carnival staff on here!!!

BTW when they offer a OBC to currently booked passengers, make sure you don't use it, as your not entitled to it LMAO

Just keep displaying your ignorance.

I do not buy this crap that its to dangerous to transfer from one ship to another. They do it all the time! Ports that need a tender!

They tender when the weather and waves are favorable. Even when its not, the waves are only a few feet. In the open sea, they are typically 4-6 on a good day. You cannot tender folks in such seas. And they do not have a 1200 foot long anchor chain. You seem to think the Gulf is only a hundred feet deep or so for some reason.

I am not a Carnival cheerleader, far far far from it. But to compare tendering in a port with flat water, vs the open sea, isn't a proper comparison.

This whole thread is beyond ridiculous. I'm just glad to see that the OP isn't booked on my next Carnival cruise. :rolleyes:

Our local news reported last night that a couple from a nearby town are on Triumph. The woman is an assistant principal at the high school; she and her husband have two teenage sons. The sons have received limited text messages from their parents (they showed them to the reporter).

Mom told them that the greatest hardship was boredom. Yes, some toilets are not working, but others are. Food is not typical cruise fare but they aren't starving or resorting to cannibalism.

To refer to the Triumph as a floating death trap is absurd.

Has nothing to do with me....... I spent good money on two cruises back to back. If Carnival is a bad company for neglecting basic needs for people, then I have THE RIGHT to request a refund... This is 2012. There is other options to get that ship to a shore so passengers can transfer to another boat. It costs $$$$$ Thats what this is all about. So ya it does affect me, cause if it happens on either one of my cruises, you clowns will come back and say, you knew what you were getting into or it was your decision. Yes it is my decision, and if I lost confidence in the company thats my decision. Ya they won't refund my money..... Who cares. Thats a drop in the bucket. You pro Carnival lovers, they can do no wrong and heaven forbid a poster dosn't agree with you, you all gang up on him like a old boys club. You know what site this is? Cruise CRITIC. It means to criticise. That is what im doing. But you can't take ciriticism, so best you leave to another site...

What basic needs did they neglect to provide you? You haven't even been on the cruise yet......

Oh, and it is 2013......

Archived