Cruise and I have no luggage!

cruz chic

Do you have your passport?? ;)

It's a good thing you weren't headed for Toronto, eh!

For the second Saturday/Sunday in a row, there are hundreds of flights canceled or postponed from YYZ into or out of other snowy airports. People in the planes on the tarmac getting de-iced twice and still not getting off the ground. People complaining about not being in the Dominican or wherever...but "No, we didn't call ahead to check our flight."

Good luck with the luggage.

...think of it as a great travel memory and make the most of it!

Several years ago DH and I flew to a caribbean island that had only occasional plane service--and we went five days without our luggage. Thankfully we always carry on our meds, toothbrushes, plus a change of undies and swimsuits. People were rushing to lend us clothing, and we made some purchases (like t-shirts) in the hotel gift shop.

No worries, take it easy, relax and enjoy!

This is why I have adapted to carry-on only. My husband thinks I'm paranoid; I prefer "risk averse."

I check a bag, but DH and I always pack a roll-on suitcase each, that has enough essentials that we could "make do" if needed. Takes some stress out of the trip. :)

I am so sorry to hear this has happened.

The worst nightmare after planning and packing

Fingers crossed that the two of of you reconnect before you get onboard.

On the good side - you got there - no one is going anywhere from here right now with our blizzard

Godspeed and fair winds/

I know what you are going through and I hope your luggage catches up with you before you sail. We started going a day early after a lost luggage problem on a circle Hawaii cruise. We survived and have a good story to tell but all things considered we would rather have had the luggage for the first five days of the trip.

Oh No!!:eek: We just saw the report about Calgary airport on the news, and were saying it was awful for anyone having to make connections for a cruise:( I do hope your luggage turns up Lorene, and that you have a fabulous and stress-free cruise.

I just arrived in FLL about an hour ago. No luggage! I guess it made it to Houston but no news after that. At least it made it out of Calgary. I've talked to my mom and she said Calgary thinks it could happen again. Isn't that nice:rolleyes:. There is another lady from Calgary at the hotel and she was on the flight before mine. Hers just showed up. I hope mine will show up tonight or in the morning. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. I do have my meds on me and my passport so I'm good that way. I do take a liquid non prescrip med that I can't live without so I'll be off the the drug store in the morning. Luckily I poured enoguh in a small bottle to get by tonight. Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE my clothes so this is really crappy. Thx for the good wishes everybody. I'll let you know what happens.

I had a slightly different luggage problem in FLL once. My luggage arrived with my plane but both pieces were completely destroyed. :eek: I had to go luggage shopping that evening so I could repack before catching my ship the next morning. Thank goodness the Galleria was open till 9:00!

I guess there's another piece that needs to be added to the "fly in the day before" mantra. Fly in with enough time to spare in case you need to do some replacement shopping before boarding the ship. :)

Lorekauf - I'm sure your luggage will be delivered to your hotel before you need to leave for the port. It should be put on the first plane from HOU to FLL and delivered directly to your hotel. Have a wonderful cruise!

I just arrived in FLL about an hour ago. No luggage! I guess it made it to Houston but no news after that. At least it made it out of Calgary. I've talked to my mom and she said Calgary thinks it could happen again. Isn't that nice:rolleyes:. There is another lady from Calgary at the hotel and she was on the flight before mine. Hers just showed up. I hope mine will show up tonight or in the morning. I don't think I'll be sleeping tonight. I do have my meds on me and my passport so I'm good that way. I do take a liquid non prescrip med that I can't live without so I'll be off the the drug store in the morning. Luckily I poured enoguh in a small bottle to get by tonight. Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE my clothes so this is really crappy. Thx for the good wishes everybody. I'll let you know what happens.

We will all be praying that you get your luggage this morning.

It's not looking good. Yesterday they said my luggage was in Houston, now they say they have no idea where it is. I don't understand that. I've been up most of the night. I'm going to go shopping this morning. I don't anything to pack this stuff in. Hopefully I can buy something cheap. I can't believe this nightmare.

Good luck! My experience with lost luggage has been its no more than a day delay (even on the trip where three different airlines lost it .. On three different legs of the trip, which only had three legs.... ). Hopefully by now you've gotten it or its at least in the right city & on its way to you!

Edit - just saw your latest while I was posting ... Ick. Definitely go shopping & make sure to send the airline a bill. As I recall, they will at least reimburse $50 or $100 ... Not enough but at least a start.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not looking good. Yesterday they said my luggage was in Houston, now they say they have no idea where it is. I don't understand that. I've been up most of the night. I'm going to go shopping this morning. I don't anything to pack this stuff in. Hopefully I can buy something cheap. I can't believe this nightmare.

Lorene--- if you are staying at Embassy Suites I am quite certain that the Ross store in the strip mall on the other side of 17th Street sells luggage. It is a Winners sort of store. Just cross the street and head right for half a block.

You should also be able to find some emergency clothes there as well.

What a bummer.

Luggage Gods now listen up,

We need your help for lorekauf.

Her duds are lost,this cannot be,

You need many outfits while at sea.

She loves her things and has a flare.

To be without is just not fair.

So won't you help her please,

Though not Alaska she still might freeze.

She's in the sunny south awaiting word from you,

We here on CC are more than anxious too.

So be good sports and put this right,

Get that luggage on a flight. please.

Luggage Gods now listen up,

We need your help for lorekauf.

Her duds are lost,this cannot be,

You need many outfits while at sea.

She loves her things and has a flare.

To be without is just not fair.

So won't you help her please,

Though not Alaska she still might freeze.

She's in the sunny south awaiting word from you,

We here on CC are more than anxious too.

So be good sports and put this right,

Get that luggage on a flight. please.

Love it! Sending more thoughts & prayers your way....

Marge

Now the airline says my luggage is going to leave Houston on a flight close to noon. Why they wouldn't get it out on the first flight is beyond me. I'm trying to stay postive but it's not working too well. The Westin Hotel has been really helpful. Sapper, I'm out in the boonies on Corporate Drive. As soon as the Galleria opens I'm heading over. They say my luggage should reach the pier by 2:30. I have my doubts. I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. I appreciate it.

Archived