Riviera cruise...sport jacket?

Jayrrrrrrr

Ssshhh!

Is it wrong of me not to tell DH that jackets are optional!

He never comes to forums...and I've been telling him to bring one 'cos it looks so smart....especially for the specialty restaurants....plus he saw the brochures...

Don't tell.....

Heh heh

Terry

Our lips are sealed! :D

On our last O cruise (Regatta in August 2012, Black Sea) we shared a table with another couple in the GDR the first or second night. He was in a suit and tie and asked me what the dress code was.

I told him.

The next night we saw this couple in Polo and suddenly he was in casual attire. He was most delighted that I'd given him the info. Just wished he'd known before they left for the cruise that he didn't need the suit and/or tie!

Mura

I brought it, but did not need it and only wore it once. I sometimes put a sweater on my shoulders in case restaurants are cold. I probably won't take it next time.

You should wear a cardigan you great Aunty knitted. :p

They will probably turn up the heating to encourage you to take it off. ;)

You should wear a cardigan you great Aunty knitted. :p

They will probably turn up the heating to encourage you to take it off. ;)

Mine is a little more stylish than the one that Aunty knitted, and doesn't look bad tied below the neck over a nice shirt' IMO, of course!

Am on my first Oceania cruise now. Ten day cruise on Riviera. My sport jacket has remained in my stateroom closet for the past week and will stay there until I put it in my suitcase when cruise ends on Monday. Only reason for a sport jacket on Oceania would be if dining rooms are cool and you want one for warmth..perhaps on a Baltic cruise or similar.

thank you for the input regarding NOT needing a sports jacket...am looking forward to my cruise on the Riviera March 28th...upgraded to a B1 verandah on deck 8, midship...looks spacious....I hope there's no problem getting reservations...the steak house looks great!

Yes, i booked the very morning...45 days prior....but what i wanted was gone...told i'd have no trouble once i'm on ship...have 2 reservations, one for steak house, the other italian...none yet for french...but want more of the steak house....

Yes, i booked the very morning...45 days prior....but what i wanted was gone...told i'd have no trouble once i'm on ship...have 2 reservations, one for steak house, the other italian...none yet for french...but want more of the steak house....

AHHH well at least you have some reservations

Enjoy

lyn

I had trouble on the phone...i like table for 2 around 7:30....but was told once on the ship there are more openings....

Also depends on who you talk to about your reservations..

Jancruz1

Archived