How to find an aft cabin?

I don't think you'd find any agent who'd be willing to search for any aft on any ship on any sailing on any date! It's far too broad in scope. Your best bet is to know the cabin numbers of the afts you're interested in, then call and say "Is X cabin available on X date on X ship?" Alternately you can go to RCI's website and make some dummy bookings and keep on going until you find an aft cabin. Or any cruise booking agency for that matter .

Sigh, :( most of the best ways, we cannot share because they are sites that also sell cruises and its not allowed here. But if you start googling, you should be able to search each site by mock booking. Some sites will show you all the cabins they have available for a particular date and category, other sites, like Royal Caribbean, just give you a partial list and make you then look at the deck plan. After spending some time doing that you may find sites that make it easier for you actually "see" on the deck plans which cabins are available, but you'd still need to put each week in separately.

You could call and tell them you are looking for cabin #s Xxxx, xxxx, xxxx or xxxx ( which you know are aft cabins on the ship you prefer) and have them check each date you would consider ( Jan 1, Jan 7, jan 14) It will be time consuming but if you pull the trigger on a cabin and book, they will be rewarded for the time and effort.

Don't rely on anyone else to determine which are "aft" cabins...the reps often haven't sailed and there is no guarantee that your TA has either. Use the deck plans and reviews, and threads such as " show us you aft" here on CC to come up with a list of acceptable cabins for you, then search for those specifically. The reps and TAs often just read from the online or brochure descriptions, which are all generalized and will not give you the specifics of each cabin, and in the case of Royals site, are often just flat out wrong!

Best of luck!

What is the easiest way to find an aft cabin?

Step 1 - Make your way to a passenger deck.

Step 2 - Walk toward the back of the ship. If you're not sure which way is the back, check the cabin numbers. If they're increasing as you go, you're going the right way.

Step 3 - Keep walking until you get to the end of the hallway. You should now be at the aft cabins.

:D

I booked a cruise in December 2013... I called RCL and told them what I was looking for and was able to get 9404.... AFT! I am pretty excited because it is supposed to be a nice room with a large balcony.

The reps I talked to were all nice and willing to help.

You may need to pick a ship and date though... otherwise it is too much to search.

Good Luck!

From another thread below on this forum

a post

"Last month we booked an inside guarantee on Liberty of the Seas transatlantic - 8th April. It cost us £610 for both of us, minus a £70 C & A Voucher giving us a total to pay of £540.

We used a Next Cruise Certificate and also received $150 OBC.

Today I saw Balcony guarantees become available. After calling RCCL and getting our £200 Diamond balcony discount we have ended up paying a further £74 per person to jump from an inside to a balcony cabin on a 12 day sailing ! Yippee !! :) :) :)

So now in total the 12 day cruise has only cost us £674 in total for 2 people with £70 off, $150 OBC and £200 ($300) balcony discount.

If you fancy it log onto the UK site - the balcony guarantees are still available :D"

Step 2 - Walk toward the back of the ship. If you're not sure which way is the back, check the cabin numbers. If they're increasing as you go, you're going the right way.

Step 3 - Keep walking until you get to the end of the hallway. You should now be at the aft cabins.

Ha ha ha !! That has made me laugh for the last 10 minutes !!!!

Me too!:p

I just select the sailing I want, call RCCL and ask what afts are available. Generally, the earlier you check the better as they are at a premium.

But just this last week the coveted 7388 on Mariner on our upcoming cruise came back on the market and we're almost just a month out so you never know.

Me too!:p

I just select the sailing I want, call RCCL and ask what afts are available. Generally, the earlier you check the better as they are at a premium.

But just this last week the coveted 7388 on Mariner on our upcoming cruise came back on the market and we're almost just a month out so you never know.

Wow how lucky!!!

We are aft addicts also!

On Voyager Class we have had to reserve them (corner afts)

very early when schedule is first released!

One time we were booked a year and half out in your same room

and our daughter announced pregnacy and delivery on our cruise dates!

So we had to cancel on the payment date,

and then the twins came month or so early,

and so we rebooked,

but of course we lost our cabin!!!

You really scored on this one! Our favorites!!!!

We have had them a number of times

and even have it on our next two b2b same room!!

Congratualations!

From another thread below on this forum

a post

"Last month we booked an inside guarantee on Liberty of the Seas transatlantic - 8th April. It cost us £610 for both of us, minus a £70 C & A Voucher giving us a total to pay of £540.

We used a Next Cruise Certificate and also received $150 OBC.

Today I saw Balcony guarantees become available. After calling RCCL and getting our £200 Diamond balcony discount we have ended up paying a further £74 per person to jump from an inside to a balcony cabin on a 12 day sailing ! Yippee !! :) :) :)

So now in total the 12 day cruise has only cost us £674 in total for 2 people with £70 off, $150 OBC and £200 ($300) balcony discount.

If you fancy it log onto the UK site - the balcony guarantees are still available :D"

How is this about an aft cabin? :confused:

I booked a cruise in December 2013... I called RCL and told them what I was looking for and was able to get 9404.... AFT! I am pretty excited because it is supposed to be a nice room with a large balcony.

The reps I talked to were all nice and willing to help.

You may need to pick a ship and date though... otherwise it is too much to search.

Good Luck!

hi thats cool ur cabin is 9404 thats our cabin number on our cruise in nov on liberty what ship are u sailing on

Booking early is the key. We just booked on Monday on the Brilliance of the sea for next Feb 10th out of Tampa for a 5 day cruise. All three aft cabins were available on deck 10.

Not always. I booked a cruise for this past December on Jewel and about a month before sailing (after final), an aft cabin appeared. I figure somebody got an upgrade, and I was happy to fill in.:D

Thanks Sheldon :)

Archived