All Things Adventure of the Seas

For those that just sailed AOS after the recent 2018 $61 Million Dry Dock refurbishment, what are the top 10 Secret Hidden spots to check out?

Can you still go all the way forward to the bow on Deck 5 to the Observation area?

We just booked yesterday for her 4/28 sailing and have previously been on the Voyager when she just came out, so hoping for some new upgrades to enjoy.

Thanks in advance

And note that the peek a boo bridge on deck 11 is only accessible from the port side- the starboard side is blocked by new cabins.

I'm on Adventure now and next week and yes you can go to the helipad on deck 5 via the outside of deck 4 then up the stairs. Was up there a couple nights ago. As for other spots I don't know, too busy chasing 6 grandkids around 😊

Any info on Adventure Ocean? Did the kids area get any attention? I'd LOVE to see anything kid related if you have it. Adventure Ocean info is hard to come by :)

Sorry, the grandkids didn’t go to Adventure Ocean at all. We were in port almost every day and they had plenty to do otherwise. Only advice I have is if you have a toddler less that 42 inches tall he/she can only use the smallest slide if they have a swim diaper on. Doesn’t matter if their potty trained or not. Grandson is trained but couldn’t use it the first week without a swim diaper and couldn’t get any onboard or in port. Had to go to Walmart in SJ before second cruise to get some so he could use it. There’s a bigger one in Splashaway Bay if you’re 42 inches or more but no swim diapers in that area or in the hot tubs and main pool.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am considering sailing on Adventure next April with my teens. Anyone travel with teens since dry dock with info? Is there lots for them to do? We were just on Allure and they have so much to do. My son spent most of his time on the bball court of in the teen club. Curious if it is the same on Adventure? I also see there is no Sorrento's, but there is pizza. He lived on Sorrento's on the ship.

Thanks!

I am considering sailing on Adventure next April with my teens. Anyone travel with teens since dry dock with info? Is there lots for them to do? We were just on Allure and they have so much to do. My son spent most of his time on the bball court of in the teen club. Curious if it is the same on Adventure? I also see there is no Sorrento's, but there is pizza. He lived on Sorrento's on the ship.

Thanks!

Pizza is available at the Cafe Promenade. There is a basketball court just like on Allure.

Thanks!

I'm sure they will enjoy the Flowrider and new slides too.

I'm sure they will enjoy the Flowrider and new slides too.

They did just refurbish this ship, correct? When I called to inquire on rooms the agent told me it is scheduled for refurb November of 2018? I thought she just got out in Feb?

They did just refurbish this ship, correct? When I called to inquire on rooms the agent told me it is scheduled for refurb November of 2018? I thought she just got out in Feb?

She did just get out. We are scheduled to be on her February 24. Maybe they were thinking you meant Anthem or Allure?

Yes, the ship just came out of wet dock a few weeks ago. Izumi and new JS staterooms on deck 11 added.

Yes, the ship just came out of wet dock a few weeks ago. Izumi and new JS staterooms on deck 11 added.

Any new photos of the new JS, or updated JS and Grand Suites? Trying to decide between Adventure or Explorer for Southern Caribbean. Thanks.

Anyone know what type of entertainment she typically has on her now? Any broadway shows, magicians, etc...?

Typical cruise ship production shows, headliners like comedians, singers, tribute acts, magicians, etc.

Typical cruise ship production shows, headliners like comedians, singers, tribute acts, magicians, etc.

Thanks Bob. I have friends that just got off Jewel of the Seas and their kids weren't impressed with entertainment so trying to determine if Adventure is the same or if they need to go on Oasis class to get the bigger production shows.

Thanks Bob. I have friends that just got off Jewel of the Seas and their kids weren't impressed with entertainment so trying to determine if Adventure is the same or if they need to go on Oasis class to get the bigger production shows.

While the actual production shows are different between Adventure and Jewel, they are very similar, as are the headliners.

If good entertainment is important to you then book Oasis class ships.

Hi, going on the Adventure May 11th and I as wondering if there are on board quiet pools that might have cabanas. We have been on celebrity and Princess mostly so don’t know Royal as much. If there are where would we go to book them when we get on board? Thanks in advance for any help!!

Hi, going on the Adventure May 11th and I as wondering if there are on board quiet pools that might have cabanas. We have been on celebrity and Princess mostly so don’t know Royal as much. If there are where would we go to book them when we get on board? Thanks in advance for any help!!

No cabanas on board.