All Things Adventure of the Seas

I know that Clarea is correct 99.999999% of the time.....I hope he is correct and I am wrong on this.....but I think Cigar Lounge has already been removed.

You are correct, I forgot it's already a card room / library.

Royal sent us a suggested embarkation time for our Adventure OTS cruise. Do the peeps at the port hold you to those, or can we arrive at 1130 and get on board early? Looking for some experienced San Juan cruisers thoughts on the topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royal sent us a suggested embarkation time for our Adventure OTS cruise. Do the peeps at the port hold you to those, or can we arrive at 1130 and get on board early? Looking for some experienced San Juan cruisers thoughts on the topic.

We have never had a problem getting to the port and checking in, even when our time slot was 1:30.

You can arrive at 11:30. They do not stick to those boarding times

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

We have never had a problem getting to the port and checking in, even when our time slot was 1:30.

Thanks, recall reading that the times are more suggestions- We will most likely head over as soon as we arrive, just don't want to get stuck in the humidity with nowhere else to go ya know?

We will be on Adventure in Nov. for a B2B er. Our friends are going on the cruise with us on the first week of the cruise in a balcony near ours, we are diamond members, they are not . Will they be able to go through the diamond line with us at check in & luggage drop off,or will they have to get in the reg. line?

We will be on Adventure in Nov. for a B2B er. Our friends are going on the cruise with us on the first week of the cruise in a balcony near ours, we are diamond members, they are not . Will they be able to go through the diamond line with us at check in & luggage drop off,or will they have to get in the reg. line?

Depends on port personnel that day. Not a big deal either way.

Any guesses whether we will port in St Lucia? The dredging wasn't finished as scheduled for the new pier, so cruises are calling on Martinique instead. I really hope it's finished by March!!

Due to finish in december. Adventure is svheduled to stop at martinque til the middle of november. http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-fort-de-france-martinique.html

Can find details here as RCCL have no interest in giving ptior notice. Also Caribbean ship spotting on Instagram have updated pictures of works

Due to finish in december. Adventure is svheduled to stop at martinque til the middle of november. www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-fort-de-france-martinique.html

Can find details here as RCCL have no interest in giving ptior notice. Also Caribbean ship spotting on Instagram have updated pictures of works

I hope dredging IS finished by December and doesn't see a delay. We have been to Martinique once and have no desire to go again.

I hope dredging IS finished by December and doesn't see a delay. We have been to Martinique once and have no desire to go again.

Was it bad? Was looking forward to St Lucia as i hear it's beautiful , first time visiting the caribbean so still going to enjoy it fully regardless of where ship goes.

Due to finish in december. Adventure is svheduled to stop at martinque til the middle of november. www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises-to-fort-de-france-martinique.html

I don't get why you posted that website. It doesn't say anything about the dredging schedule and it shows Adventure going to St Lucia (except for the July 19th sailing). Did you mean that as each cruise gets closer, that website will update before Royal admits the Adventure will sail to Martinique again?

I don't get why you posted that website. It doesn't say anything about the dredging schedule and it shows Adventure going to St Lucia (except for the July 19th sailing). Did you mean that as each cruise gets closer, that website will update before Royal admits the Adventure will sail to Martinique again?

When i posted the website it had the adventure scheduled to stop at Martinque up to mid november, Thats the reason. Seems it has now changed and it is calling at Castries according to the website

• 2 months later...

Has anyone cruised AOS for Christmas? Any thoughts? We are a group of about 15 booked for this Christmas and I have a few questions:

1.) JS on hump starboard side? Anyone ever book cabin there. I have only had insides/OV's in past so looking forward to it.

2.) For booking large dining tables what is best? Particularly Christmas evening (during day will be on St. Kitt's) so MDR for dinner.

3.) What is best not to miss in Southern Carib - St. Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, Curacao? We run the range in age - pre-teen, teen, early 20, adult and seniors.

4.) Photo packages - this seems like a good time to get some family photos - what are best deals if any for family - all total we have about 6 cabins.

5.) Does RCCL ever upgrade a cabin? If so, how is it handled. We booked through Costco TA.

Thanks for any advice/feedback. Really looking forward to this vacation.

Has anyone cruised AOS for Christmas? Any thoughts? We are a group of about 15 booked for this Christmas and I have a few questions:

1.) JS on hump starboard side? Anyone ever book cabin there. I have only had insides/OV's in past so looking forward to it. ...

We've had a hump JS on deck 9 several times, both sides. Very convenient location and an excellent view from the balcony.

3.) What is best not to miss in Southern Carib - St. Thomas, St Kitts, Aruba, Curacao? We run the range in age - pre-teen, teen, early 20, adult and seniors.

4.) Photo packages - this seems like a good time to get some family photos - what are best deals if any for family - all total we have about 6 cabins.

5.) Does RCCL ever upgrade a cabin? If so, how is it handled. We booked through Costco TA.

Thanks for any advice/feedback. Really looking forward to this vacation.

We have not sail on the Adventure yet, however we have sailed Royal Caribbean many times.

3. I love Aruba and Curacao. - Aruba if you are looking for a nice 4 hour tour you might check into Sonny Binn's. We have used him many many times in the past. His love of his island really shows. You will get a good over view of the island and also see the baby bridge. Also if you are lucky - he will stop at a local supermarket and you can get local beers at local rates. They also take US $ and your change is in US $. If you want to make that stop - make sure you ask him either prior to or just after you leave the Baby Bridge area. Otherwise you will miss the stop.

4. - Royal really does not have discounts, but they do have daily specials. You might also check your cruise planner and see if the all inclusive CD package ever gets discounted. The last time I checked it was somewhat close to $250.00 + but you get every picture that is taken. My youngest daughter normally purchases this package.

5. yes, Royal does upgrade cabins. But it seems to be hit or miss. We have sailed with Royal since 2003 and have been upgraded once. We found out accidently - because after I had printed our set sail pass, something made me check out the cruise planner and I saw a different cabin number. My youngest daughter was also upgraded once and they found out at the port, when the lady checking them in could not find their seapass cards.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. The ship should be nicely decorated for the holidays. One of my favorite times to cruise.

We have not sail on the Adventure yet, however we have sailed Royal Caribbean many times.

3. I love Aruba and Curacao. - Aruba if you are looking for a nice 4 hour tour you might check into Sonny Binn's. We have used him many many times in the past. His love of his island really shows. You will get a good over view of the island and also see the baby bridge. Also if you are lucky - he will stop at a local supermarket and you can get local beers at local rates. They also take US $ and your change is in US $. If you want to make that stop - make sure you ask him either prior to or just after you leave the Baby Bridge area. Otherwise you will miss the stop.

4. - Royal really does not have discounts, but they do have daily specials. You might also check your cruise planner and see if the all inclusive CD package ever gets discounted. The last time I checked it was somewhat close to $250.00 + but you get every picture that is taken. My youngest daughter normally purchases this package.

5. yes, Royal does upgrade cabins. But it seems to be hit or miss. We have sailed with Royal since 2003 and have been upgraded once. We found out accidently - because after I had printed our set sail pass, something made me check out the cruise planner and I saw a different cabin number. My youngest daughter was also upgraded once and they found out at the port, when the lady checking them in could not find their seapass cards.

Hope you enjoy your cruise. The ship should be nicely decorated for the holidays. One of my favorite times to cruise.

Thank you for this helpful information. I will look into the photo packages further. I am sure there is a lot of info. right here on CC.

I appreciate your island insight as well. Looking forward to Aruba and Curacao and cruising at Christmas in general :)

• 1 month later...