I'm angry...the prices went down BIG TIME!!

Rated

"She explained how the pricing works and how when you pay in full you're locked in"...

I'm no so sure Avril (and apparently her Supervisor) understands the fine distrinction between being Paid In Full prior to Final Payment Deadline date -and-- being (paid in full) after Final Payment deadline date ???? ken

Edited by Ken076

"She explained how the pricing works and how when you pay in full you're locked in"...

I'm no so sure Avril (and apparently her Supervisor) understands the find distrinction between being Paid In Full prior to Final Payment Deadline date -and-- being (paid in full) after Final Payment deadline date ???? ken

Ken, I have no idea LOL.

...but it was nearly a $500 price difference which made me angry!

Thats why I book at a price Im comfortable with and generally stay away from the pricing part of the website AFTER final payment unless Im looking for an upgrade :p.........Being that Im in a wheelchair and require an accessible cabin, upgrades that close to sail date are very few and far between.

Enjoy your deck 8 Promenade cabin. I stayed in one on Freedom of the Seas and it was the perfect location.

Thats why I book at a price Im comfortable with and generally stay away from the pricing part of the website AFTER final payment unless Im looking for an upgrade :p.........Being that Im in a wheelchair and require an accessible cabin, upgrades that close to sail date are very few and far between.

Enjoy your deck 8 Promenade cabin. I stayed in one on Freedom of the Seas and it was the perfect location.

Thanks man! Appreciate it!! I noticed the Internet Cafe is on that deck as well.

Just be careful with a Promenade cabin that you close the drapes unless you want everyone across from you to get a show! On the other hand, if you are looking for a show, leave the drapes open because you never know if the people across from you remembered to close their drapes!:eek:;):D

Did you get the PR room you want? There are a lot of cabins left on that deck so you can change it if you want to be in a certain area. (btw also a lot left on decks 6 & 7)

The price you are paying is probably more than you see on the website because she is probably quoting you the last website price (I saw $629pp yesterday) that was not in the Tuesday sale ($569pp?) She is really not supposed to give you the Tuesday sale price as it is for new bookings only, but she upgraded you as a courtesy to save you the hassle of cancelling and rebooking.

You can also call and ask them to send you a booking confirmation to your email address. I always do this to make sure all the details are correct.

Edited by marci22

Did you get the PR room you want? There are a lot of cabins left on that deck so you can change it if you want to be in a certain area. (btw also a lot left on decks 6 & 7)

The price you are paying is probably more than you see on the website because she is probably quoting you the last website price (I saw $629pp yesterday) that was not in the Tuesday sale ($569pp?) She is really not supposed to give you the Tuesday sale price as it is for new bookings only, but she upgraded you as a courtesy to save you the hassle of cancelling and rebooking.

You can also call and ask them to send you a booking confirmation to your email address. I always do this to make sure all the details are correct.

She emailed me it :)

Just be careful with a Promenade cabin that you close the drapes unless you want everyone across from you to get a show! On the other hand, if you are looking for a show, leave the drapes open because you never know if the people across from you remembered to close their drapes!:eek:;):D

hahaha! Great point!! I'll make sure those are closed!!!

It must be beautiful looking over the promenade at night!

I'm no so sure Avril (and apparently her Supervisor) understands the fine distrinction between being Paid In Full prior to Final Payment Deadline date -and-- being (paid in full) after Final Payment deadline date ???? ken

Agree, I believe there is a definite distinction with regards to when final is paid vs date final is due that applies to the OP.

Edited by Ashland

I experienced a price drop and called my Travel Agent who was able to give it to us. Soon after the prices for our cruise went up and haven't gone down since.

I hope you do get your $200 refund and I look forward to hearing from you to see if RCCL gave you the difference in price.

I just payed my final payment yesterday...

and now I go on the RCI website and it's $200 cheaper....

IS THERE ANYTHING I COULD DO ABOUT THIS?

Happened to us in Jan..after we made final pymt..I think I will wait till the last minute to book next time:eek:...

Congratulations! Thanks to CC, you have already received info that saved you money (in the form of a better cabin than paid for):D

Behold the power of CC!

Btw, I use the technique of "a friend who has sailed RCL mentioned that I could..." To request stuff I heard about in CC. I just don't mention that my "friend" is really thousands of "friends" on CC!;)

I experienced a price drop and called my Travel Agent who was able to give it to us. Soon after the prices for our cruise went up and haven't gone down since.

I hope you do get your $200 refund and I look forward to hearing from you to see if RCCL gave you the difference in price.

The OP was upgraded to a PR at the same basic rate as paid - no refund.

She explained how the pricing works and how when you pay in full you're locked in, which I agreed and then asked this....

Congrats on your upgrade! The lovely Avril was incorrect on this point, however - once you pay in full you can still get a full refund if you cancel before full payment is actually due (if you're from the U.S. or Canada; rules for other are different).

For the record (and you should call back), Avril gave you some wrong information.

You can take a lower price ON YOUR FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE. I cannot stress that enough. The no refund/obc policy begins the day AFTER your final payment DUE DATE. Not the date you pay, the date it is due.

Now, she may have said that was a non-convertible price code. In which case, that is a fancy term for "new bookings only" and it doesn't matter if you are pre or post final, you can't have it. (Think: Tuesday sale).

For the record (and you should call back), Avril gave you some wrong information.

You can take a lower price ON YOUR FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE. I cannot stress that enough. The no refund/obc policy begins the day AFTER your final payment DUE DATE. Not the date you pay, the date it is due.

Now, she may have said that was a non-convertible price code. In which case, that is a fancy term for "new bookings only" and it doesn't matter if you are pre or post final, you can't have it. (Think: Tuesday sale).

The price he saw was a Tuesday sale price. She gave him the previous price which was still less than what he paid (I am guessing this because he said the price he got was better but still $100 more than what was showing online, or the Tues sale price). He got the cabin he wanted and $16 back.

Edited by marci22