We Will Never Cruise With RCI Again

Exactly! The only verbal exchange mentioned by the OP was the staff saying "ok you can take your bag now." Otherwise, everything else is a guessing game because the OP won't explain. And sorry, but "ok you can take your bag now" is not a rude comment.

While I agree nothing was provided describing what conversations the op considered offensive, I'm not sure many would believe them if they did.

And we know RCI is not likely to respond.

Then there is always the 3rd version of what happened.

Do you know that he did not smile at first?

All we have to go on is his post(s)

?

Guess you missed my point entirely:confused: Such vehemence for an uninvested individual.

I read the first post and based my comment on it....don't need a recap. I stand on my premise.

Even if someone is rude, which in this case what the OP reported didn't seem rude to me, pardon MHO but I'm entitled to it, the best way to handle it is to be pleasant. And a simple request for the bag to be taken to his cabin would've been cheerfully granted. In my long experience with RCCL, they have been nothing but pleasant and accommodating. But sometimes one must take the initiative to just ask.:D

And it is clear that none of us reading the OP's previous postings can understand why he did not follow advice HE asked for in regard to his wine.

Sorry that this thread has been the cause of such angst for you. I don't really understand your attitude either.....

. . .

When I posted my thoughts he said I was correct.....

Uh, no he didn't. He said:

BINGO. You understand perfectly.

Thank you!

Most [if not all] of what you posted were your words not his. I wouldn't take that as an absolute confirmation that every embellishment in your post was 100% accurate. If he is now saying he was ONLY upset at the WAY he was treated rather than the fact he had to go retrieve his bag, then perhaps he should correct his original post which in my view is substantially inconsistent that position. It was pretty clear to me he was ticked before he ever got to the "naughty room."

His equivocal way of giving the details [like referring to the attendants as "unpleasant" without explaining how they were unpleasant] starts my shenanigans radar spinning, but I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am not going to assume he is being inaccurate. But I also have to give the RCI staff the benefit of the doubt. I am not going to assume his characterization of the attitude of staff is 100% accurate either. There is too much subjective in those kinds of assessments to make any evaluation one way or the other, particularly based on only one side of the story

That leaves us with he had to have his bag checked -- that is the only thing we can be relatively certain of. I still have seen no answer to the question why he should get an apology simply because he had to have his bag checked. That is like saying that every time I go through a metal detector I should get an apology for the inconvenience of having to empty my pockets. I prefer to simply tell them "thank you" for what they do and go on.

I’ve had to identify and open my bags MANY times. A few times for permitted items (like a bottle of water) and other times for items that were not permitted. In EVERY case, I was treated with great respect and courtesy by the security staff.

Many passengers in that security area were incredibly nasty to the staff, who are simply doing their jobs. I was amazed at the passenger rudeness and threatening tone and how the calm staff never answered anyone back; with much more than a polite “yes sir” or “no sir.”

M

As are you.

Nobody on this board can say what was said between the OP and the staff. Many on this board have posted that the experience was not painful and the staff was not rude. The OP states the staff was rude. Sorry but if I had to believe someone it would be the great majority, not the minority (or in this case singular) statements.

You are taking the OPs comments as the gospel truth. The rest of us are questioning it mostly from personal experience.

So your experience was pleasant and that is what you are basing his experience on....and attacking the OP with.

I have only posted about what the OP stated as that is all we all have to go on.....he reported his experience not yours or anyone else.....and for that he was attack and accused of taken extra wine on the ship and his character assaulted. To you and others on here.....it seems to be a sport...and not one that I want to participate in!

So carry on with this behaviour and enjoy the sport you all have created....enjoy!

So your experience was pleasant and that is what you are basing his experience on....and attacking the OP with.

I have only posted about what the OP stated as that is all we all have to go on.....he reported his experience not yours or anyone else.....and for that he was attack and accused of taken extra wine on the ship and his character assaulted. To you and others on here.....it seems to be a sport...and not one that I want to participate in!

So carry on with this behaviour and enjoy the sport you all have created....enjoy!

Don't you find it a bit ironic that you are defending the poster more than they are defending themselves? You seem to have so much vested in this particular situation. It seems a bit ridiculous actually.

Hold on to your hat here. I am not attacking the poster and never have throughout this thread. I am questioning his story as it is a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion. I never said that I had a pleasant experience, but that many here have. I have been fortunate to never have had to go to the "naughty" room, although in some ways almost want to in order to see what its all about :cool:. So, you are reading into my words what you want to hear just like you are reading into the OPs words what you want to hear.

What I am trying to say is that we only know what the OP stated and how they felt. We do not know what truly happened. You are sticking up for someone you don't know, why? Are you really them under a different user name?

If you truly don't like what is being said here, report the thread to the mods. Otherwise, stop reading it if it bothers you that much.

I for one am done responding to you. Will I keep reading comments and responding to others, maybe. Will have to see how much of a train wreck this turns out to be.

I've skimmed a little of this thread, and it's certainly entertained me. Thank you all. I'd like to add some more stirring to the pot.

Day one of the cruise can be very stressful for both the cruise staff and the guests. Some people who get called to the naughty room may be carefree and not bothered by it a bit, but I'm willing to bet most are at least a little annoyed about having to go there in the first place. Remember not everyone is enlightened enough to research cruise information here. I'm willing to bet annoyed guest after annoyed guest that the security staff deals with can get stressful for the security staff.

The OP felt wronged. Plain and simple. 15 pages of comments should mean that a few people have learned form this. For that I thank the OP. Right or wrong you pointed out an issue that you felt needed to be mentioned.

If it were possible for you to donate your cruise points to me I would gladly take them. ;)

We didn't create it; the OP did. You said yourself that all we have to go on is what he reported, which gave virtually no detail. He claims an employee was "unpleasant" without giving any explanation of how he came to that conclusion. He said he was "left to schlep the bag all the way to my cabin" without mentioning whether or not he asked if someone could deliver for him.

You've filled in the blanks, just like everyone else. He didn't say he was treated like a criminal; those are your words. You just like the way you fill in the blanks better than the way others have filled in the blanks.

If people would just act like responsible adults instead of children trying to "pull one over" by seeing if they can get that precious bottle of whatever on board, there would be no need for a naughty room. It's been posted that on any ship there can be up to 200 bags that have to be opened by their owner for inspection.:eek: I would think that Security Personnel have better things to do around the ship than babysit luggage!

The OP inquired on a thread he started back on January 5, 2013 about Taking Liquor Onboard In Luggage? and was told no, but 2 bottles of wine are permitted in "carry on". He didn't listen and got caught. End of story.

Hold on to your hat here. I am not attacking the poster and never have throughout this thread. I am questioning his story as it is a bit of an exaggeration in my opinion. I never said that I had a pleasant experience, but that many here have. I have been fortunate to never have had to go to the "naughty" room, although in some ways almost want to in order to see what its all about :cool:. So, you are reading into my words what you want to hear just like you are reading into the OPs words what you want to hear.

What I am trying to say is that we only know what the OP stated and how they felt. We do not know what truly happened. You are sticking up for someone you don't know, why? Are you really them under a different user name?

If you truly don't like what is being said here, report the thread to the mods. Otherwise, stop reading it if it bothers you that much.

I for one am done responding to you. Will I keep reading comments and responding to others, maybe. Will have to see how much of a train wreck this turns out to be.

You caught me.....I created another profile nearly 4 years ago so that I could one day support myself if I was being attacked!

I love it.....all forums are the same....have some usefulness but along with that benefit you have to be subjected to people who have nothing better to do but attack others for no reason other than they can!

I only pointed out the obvious after reading the OP post , the OP then posted that I was correct. Now I'm a liar and a cheat as there can be no other reason why a person would defend another person.......my answer is simply, I dislike bullies and found that he was being bullied and accused of being a cheat and spoiled and entitled attitude etc without information to support these claims.

The whole issue lies at the feet of RCI......create a policy of how wine is to be transported on to the ship and be done with it.

If people would just act like responsible adults instead of children trying to "pull one over" by seeing if they can get that precious bottle of whatever on board, there would be no need for a naughty room. It's been posted that on any ship there can be up to 200 bags that have to be opened by their owner for inspection.:eek: I would think that Security Personnel have better things to do around the ship than babysit luggage!

The OP inquired on a thread he started back on January 5, 2013 about Taking Liquor Onboard In Luggage? and was told no, but 2 bottles of wine are permitted in "carry on". He didn't listen and got caught. End of story.

RCI has no policy for how to transported the now allowed two bottles of wine aboard their ships. Is that not the issue here?

As others have mentioned, I think the whole issue here isn't whether or not Royal was at fault. They may well have been rude to the OP. And it's very true that the wine policy should clearly indicate by what means those bottles should be carried aboard.

But MANY of us have been unjustly inconvenienced by naughty room security. It's an annoyance, but it's not something that would keep me from ever booking another RCL cruise.

If a sales clerk treats me horribly at a store I've previously had good experiences with, I don't vow never to shop there again. I assume that maybe that sales clerk was having a tremendously bad day. I'm sure I've been guilty at some point in time of snapping at someone who didn't deserve it because I was under stress. Haven't we all?

If the subject line had been more appropriate to the offense, I agree that the responses would have been sympathetic, rather than scathing.

You caught me.....I created another profile nearly 4 years ago so that I could one day support myself if I was being attacked!

I love it.....all forums are the same....have some usefulness but along with that benefit you have to be subjected to people who have nothing better to do but attack others for no reason other than they can!

I only pointed out the obvious after reading the OP post , the OP then posted that I was correct. Now I'm a liar and a cheat as there can be no other reason why a person would defend another person.......my answer is simply, I dislike bullies and found that he was being bullied and accused of being a cheat and spoiled and entitled attitude etc without information to support these claims.

The whole issue lies at the feet of RCI......create a policy of how wine is to be transported on to the ship and be done with it.

Consider yourself lucky. I was accused of being married to them. (or you if you really arethe alleged double identity op)

YES - but until then, there will continue to be incidents like this, and we will be reading about them on this board (my guess is) forever.

If a sales clerk treats me horribly at a store I've previously had good experiences with, I don't vow never to shop there again. I assume that maybe that sales clerk was having a tremendously bad day. I'm sure I've been guilty at some point in time of snapping at someone who didn't deserve it because I was under stress. Haven't we all?

If the subject line had been more appropriate to the offense, I agree that the responses would have been sympathetic, rather than scathing.

But it was their 1st, and apparently last RCI cruise.

The op is not a frequent poster. They might not have fully understood their Miranda rights.

RCI has no policy for how to transported the now allowed two bottles of wine aboard their ships. Is that not the issue here?

You are correct, on the RCI website it says 2 bottles of 750ml wine is allowed to be brought on board. However, when the new policy went into effect, the question was raised that not all security personnel would be on the same page and know about the new wine policy, which proved true to some in the beginning.

So the suggestion was made here on CC to bring it in your carry on. Your carry on luggage is x-rayed by the Port Authorities and more times than not they have no idea what "no-no" is not allowed on the ship.\

The OP asked this question about bringing it in your carry-on in the thread he started back on January 5th. It was suggested to him to bring it in his carry-on. He could have just had 2 bottles of wine in a bag for that matter.

But it was their 1st, and apparently last RCI cruise.

The op is not a frequent poster. They might not have fully understood their Miranda rights.

He was told point blank in a thread that HE started what would happen if bottles of liquore were found on X-rays. Could he be so stupid as to believe that security could determine if those bottles contained vodka or rum rather than wine? Seriously?

He was told point blank in a thread that HE started what would happen if bottles of liquore were found on X-rays. Could he be so stupid as to believe that security could determine if those bottles contained vodka or rum rather than wine? Seriously?

But they took wine. Is it inconcievable to assume that security would simply open the luggage and look?

There were posters in this thread that thought TSA scanned the luggage. They routinely open and inspect the luggage.

Archived