Best last minute deal ever??

sassy_mrsjay

What was your best last minute deal? I want a quick getaway but can't go until June/July. Do y'all think I can find a last minute deal that time of year.

Have you visited the Carnival website lately? They are practically giving cruises away right now. I don't see how they can go much lower.

June and July are smack in the middle of one of the busiest seasons for the cruise industry, so do not expect any last minute deals. In fact, expect to pay considerably more.

If you can wait until the summer high season is over, you can get some great deals by sailing between September and early December (excluding Thanksgiving).

Out best deal ever? $99 for a 3 night Bahamas cruise from Miami. Porthole cabin on the Empress deck the second week of September. Our PVP called us at 10am on the morning of departure to see if we'd be interested in sailing that same afternoon. I placed a quick call to my wife, had her pack a small bag, picked her up, and a few hours later we were sipping a "fru-fru" drink on the lido deck :D

I don't know if Alaska fits into your plans/budget, but you can find really good deals going up north all through the summer months - especially on Princess.

Booked 2 weeks ago Victory 5 nite for $149 pp. Less than $30 a nite. Did a 4 nite NCL sky couple mon ago for $119. Best have ever gotten. We cruise 6 to 7 times ayear. Look for the deals. Retired and 2 hrs from Miami, Ft lauderdale or Tampa.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who posts that a TA website has cheaper deals does not know how to search on carnival's site. No TA site is allowed to post a cheaper price than Carnivals.. so if people post that they see a cheaper site.. they are not checking boxes, or just missing them on carnival.

You could call Carnival with a price you see on any TA site and book it direct.

People posting this kind of info are newbies who just think those prices are cheaper .. but if they cruise for a while and check prices and book a lot of cruises.. they will find out what I say is true. dont be fooled so easily.

I know its cheating, but we got a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of Los Angeles for $99pp. Nice balcony room. Thanks swine flu!:D

I got $289 pp out of Galveston. We saw those $99 prices on the west coast and were jealous, but $289 for conquest was the cheapest I had ever booked at the time... so I was happy. My swine flu deal.

I once booked a 3 day to nowhere on Ecstasy for $99 X 2 (I had to pay for 2 people) plus taxes and fees .. not bad... it was late leaving due to a hurricane.

I just got a price of $319, plus taxes and fees for a 7 day out of NOLA on Navigators.. so far thats my cheapest ever 7 day cruise.

If there is a hurricane near a port you leave from.. I start calling my PVP and tell her Im available

My friend is sailing out of Port Caneveral (sp) in June; June 9th I believe, and her cruise price fell significantly. She had inside cabins and was able to move to OV cabins and get OBC because the OV cabins were $279 or $289 per person.

So, although summer cruises may be higher than most other times, right now, deals can be found for certain sailings.

Good luck!

What's the lowest anyone has ever paid for a balcony?

During the swine flu week, balconys on Splendor were going for $99, any balcony, out of the west coast, for 7 days .. sailed up to canada, not its regular itinerary.

Going to be hard to beat that price. I had $249 pp balconys on one of my shorter triumph cruises is about the best Ive seen for regular pricing. This was in early dec when sometimes the ships dont fill.

My cheapest so far was $229pp 5-Day W. Caribbean out of Tampa. Interior cabin. Wish my hubby was able to go last minute, but we have to request his vacation time well in advance since there are so few people in his department.

for me I think the one I just booked today was my best deal for the length of cruise it is. considering the 4-5 day cruises out of Canaveral were only $100 less or even same price or greater. For a 7 day cruise leaving the 11th of may I paid $600 per person and that included our tips. cruise only was $1116 for 2 people!! for a last minute deal..i thought it was great. it would have been $856 for 2, but we wanted at least an oceanview

My cheapest was $399 per person 4K (the rooms that have door/window but no balcony) on Miracle during Thanksgiving week 2011. We eneded up with $920 in OBC and a nice check when we left the boat. Granted not a last minute booking, but the price dropped a week before and we used our ES to cash in.

Dang! I wish my DH liked cruising more than he does. I'm lucky to get him out every 2 or 3 years. There are some awesome prices right now, but I'd even do a long weekend out of Tampa when the price is right (I live close to Tampa port).

None of my best deals were last minute, but the two best Carnival ones were:

$124 + tax for a porthole cabin on a 3 night Baja cruise on the Carnival Elation out of San Diego back when Carnival still had the welcome back credit.

$369 + tax for an oceanview cabin + $100 on board credit because I had booked prior to the swine flu rerouting for 7 nights on Carnival Splendor.

But the best deal overall was my last non-Carnival cruise in November:

$111 + tax for me to sail solo on a 3 night cruise from Miami to Panama on Grandeur of the Seas, particularly since I was upgraded from an oceanview cabin to a Junior Suite.

Archived