Sailing from Boston . . .

Linda&Vern

Too true.

and Sail, you have been on my mind all day, ever since your first post here today. My heart goes out to you all living through this while we are safely in our homes watching it on TV.

I, too, am praying for the people of Boston. They have truly been an inspiration during this terrible time. They opened their homes to strangers, paid taxi fares and did what they could to help those in need.

I pray that the remaining suspect is captured soon.

Debbie

Thank you to all of you who have sent good wishes to us Bostonians. This has been a very stressful day.

To avoid confusion, we don't live in Watertown which is the town where all this has occured today. My fear was that when they don't know where such a criminal is, they don't know where he isn't. With a stolen car, it was easy for him to be anywhere around Boston. He well could have slipped away in the dark last night and got off to most anywhere.

Anyone who thinks this does not pertain to the 'sea',,,,,,,

They found and shot him in a BOAT.

Fingers crossed they confirm it is him and no one else was hurt.

Far too many have already been hurt.

Good riddance to this piece of trash!!!!

Correction: One of the local news stations just reported he is moving. How could he survive that explosive gunfire?

It's a catch 22. If they bring him in alive, we can find out what made them do this awful thing. If they kill him, we save the tax payers millions in protecting him and having a trial. Either way, he won't get out of this alive.

It's a catch 22. If they bring him in alive, we can find out what made them do this awful thing. If they kill him, we save the tax payers millions in protecting him and having a trial. Either way, he won't get out of this alive.

He's an evil animal, that's why he did it ......kill him

OMG...... more shots just fired.

Flash bangs. I heard the boat is on fire? I'm from Newton, my brother lives in Cambridge- this is insane.

I hope they get him alive. He's been raised in the US. He'll be spilling his guts in three days.

Sail,

He killed and wounded cops ...... I don't see them bringing him in alive

Of course, he deserves to die like a hunted animal.

All the pain and suffering he and his evil brother caused is immeasurable but seems this one isn't dying.

Latest report is he is still alive but they won't approach until they are sure he isn't wearing a suicide vest like his miserable brother did.

This whole thing breaks my heart. So much needless suffering. So much pain and fear and such a waste of immense resources that could have been used in much better ways.

This is a young 'man' who not only murdered and maimed many, but also ran over his own brother when running from police last night (after murdering a police officer). They can't be too careful in trying to take him in.

While I can appreciate the idea of bringing him in alive, I'm not sure it's worth the risk.

CNN confirms 15 officers hurt.

Joanie, no offense but if you stopped using bold, large type, with double exclamation points and :eek: it would be a calmer place.

....the reason I use the Bold and larger font size is at not only requests a couple years ago by fellow CC members, who like myself, are vision impaired. The smaller default type is to little for us to see.

As to the exclamation marks, that is kind of my style and I like using them, just as many others like using a lot of smilies emoticons and/or graphics.

I took no offense at your asking me about my style:) But felt you might not know the reasons:)

Joanie

....the reason I use the Bold and larger font size is at not only requests a couple years ago by fellow CC members, who like myself, are vision impaired. The smaller default type is to little for us to see.

It's very easy to increase the size of the font on an individual computer, on an as-needed basis. There's no need to increase it very much for everyone when it's not needed by everyone.

I also just heard report he has been taken into custody.

Saw an ambulance pull in for him and off he goes so some doctor/nurse/techs etc have to take care of him. That would turn my stomach but I applaud the professionalism that will make them do their work and do it well.

Thankfully, this nightmare day is coming to a successful conclusion.

Not without many tears for some families who lost so much today.

It's very easy to increase the size of the font on an individual computer, on an as-needed basis. There's no need to increase it very much for everyone when it's not needed by everyone.

Joanie,

Hit Ctrl and the + sign to increase font.

Hit Ctrl and the - sign to decrease font.

Easy and fast.

Thank God! Done and done. Welcome to Boston. Great example of crowd sourced problem solving and those in power putting public safety above all else.

Joanie: I really mean no offense because you're an absolute sweetheart who would never hurt a fly. If there is an angel on this forum it's you. But your posts come as a shock to the system due to the bold, large type with :eek: and exclamation points, and often you post "breaking news" type threads, which, when coupled with the aforementioned are just- startling, alarming. Too much. If that's your style and you're sticking with it, ma'am ;), I get it and respect it. But if you're able to adjust the volume (because all we really have is color, bold, smilies, caps and punctuation) then I wold say go for it. Your method and your words don't jive.

Well, thank goodness it's over.... I'm on the side of the fence that's glad they took him alive so we can understand why, and also find out how many more might be out there...... I know that's an awful thought, but I doubt they worked alone.

Well, thank goodness it's over.... I'm on the side of the fence that's glad they took him alive so we can understand why, and also find out how many more might be out there...... I know that's an awful thought, but I doubt they worked alone.

There has been mumblings about accomplices but who knows?

He'll be charged Federally, not in Massachusetts.

Federal has death sentence; MA does not.

I don't know if they worked alone or not, but I am glad for the opportunity to find out.

Now, I'm not saying I'm opposed to putting the screws to him to get the info, but .... :p

Archived