Sailing from Boston . . .

Linda&Vern

I watched the coverage on late last night of the shooting of the MIT Officer. There was immense police response but that would be expected. No reporter made a link, on air that I heard, that the suspects in the shooting were the Bomb suspects. I thought they were unrelated events. I imagine that is why no police have hired me to be detective.

Staying with the grandsons this weekend....cannot stop watching the news. Hoping and praying they find the other suspect and that the people of Boston stay safe. Kids are in school so can watch nonstop right now...when they get home tv off and we will discuss.....the news they get in only in small doses.

We're all proud of Boston ... it symbolizes what America is all about to the rest of us.

Even though I am just an accidental American and have no ties whatsoever, I have always felt a strange affinity for the Boston area where I was born. This whole business is very upsetting.

I've heard helicopters all morning and it is starting to freak me.

I want to lock my doors and put on the alarm. It's really so unsettling.

I keep speaking with DH to be sure he's okay.

Right now must be very unnerving for all of you in Boston. Stay safe, and let's hope they find him soon.

It is too huge for me to wrap my head around but two men, two cowards......

what these two people have done to SO MANY people.

The deaths, the brutal injuries, and now to lock down cities.

To cause so many people such fear, pain and just plain inconvenience to miss work and school, doctor's appointments, travel...... simple children's birthday parties.......

The resources needed to catch this person.

Those funds could have been so much better used for so many other things.

It's too big for me

My thoughts and prayers for the safety of our CC family and friends!!

Watching all now and hoping they get this guy fast. Also pray there are no accomplices or copycats!

Joanie

Right now must be very unnerving for all of you in Boston. Stay safe, and let's hope they find him soon.

Thank You!

It is too huge for me to wrap my head around but two men, two cowards......

what these two people have done to SO MANY people.

The deaths, the brutal injuries, and now to lock down cities.

To cause so many people such fear, pain and just plain inconvenience to miss work and school, doctor's appointments, travel...... simple children's birthday parties.......

The resources needed to catch this person.

Those funds could have been so much better used for so many other things.

It's too big for me

Judy, I know you are scared to death and all I can say is (Gonna Yell Purposely) PLEASE TALK US TO DEATH!!!! I remember what you said in the other thread and I know that as scared as you have to be at this moment, you cannot sit there and just wait patiently!! So PLEASE TALK AT US!!! About anything!! If it will hewlp your nerves DO IT!!

This goes for all of you in the area(s) that are under this ...........

Especially since they just announced you will soon be hearing a Boom...........

Joanie

We've been in a lock down situation all day at my office on Mass. Ave. (Gov't office) Shortly after arriving at 8 a.m. it went to "nobody in & nobody out".

Adding to the heartbreak, overnight a MBTA policeman was seriously wounded and a MIT policeman was killed confronting these killers. The MIT Policeman was only 26 years old.

My nephew is a Cambridge policeman and my BIL is a Boston Police Detective. God keep them and everyone else safe.

We've been in a lock down situation all day at my office on Mass. Ave. (Gov't office) Shortly after arriving at 8 a.m. it went to "nobody in & nobody out".

Adding to the heartbreak, overnight a MBTA policeman was seriously wounded and a MIT policeman was killed confronting these killers. The MIT Policeman was only 26 years old.

My nephew is a Cambridge policeman and my BIL is a Boston Police Detective. God keep them and everyone else safe.

I'm adding them to my list Bob and you!!! Please stay safe!!!

News had not mentioned the MBTA Officer:eek:

Joanie

We are seeing a massive number of very brave men and women on Boston's streets risking their very lives to keep the rest of us safe.

We know they are there everyday but when we see so many amassed together, all working on the same case, at the same time, the numbers are astounding.

Prayers for their safety and for the families of the injured and slain.

That MIT Officer was simply sitting in his vehicle and was slaughtered. Such a young man.

It is all so very sad; so frightening.

Praying for all of you enduring such a horrible experience!!!! I cannot tear myself away from the TV. Still trying to wrap my ahead around everything that is happening!!

Stay safe!! My heart, prayers and thoughts are with you!

Denise

Believe me -- if we were in a lock down situation, I would have have the double locks on the storms and the double locks on all the main doors.

And our alarm would be turned on!!

Do it!!

Not sure what station you are listening to today, but MSNBC has mentioned the injured MBTA officer many times all morning along of course with the slain MIT policeman. What a tragedy.

......only as a quick aside. In total during the gun and bomb battle last night there were 15 Cambridge Officers wounded:( I do not know if he, the MBTA Officer, was one of those or if his shooting was a separate event..........

This is just so mind boggling to me:( I cannot imagine anyone doing this, no matter who they are or what they feel might be a justification for such a horrendous ..........I'm at a loss for words to describe it.... Especially after watching an aunt say that the photos were staged:eek::eek:

Joanie

Archived