Sailing from Boston . . .

Linda&Vern

Joanie,

Hit Ctrl and the + sign to increase font.

Hit Ctrl and the - sign to decrease font.

Easy and fast.

Sail Please do not take offense at this but I do not wish to have to do that for every post I make. I changed my layouts a few years ago to make it easier for all of those of us who are vision impaired and I like my style:)

It is just as easy for those who are mentioning what I could do, to do the opposite to decrease my font.

I say this with the greatest respect because you are unaware of other things going on here on CC wit a couple of members. Seago is not one of them BTW, let me make that clear. I won't go into it, but ask the respect to allow me to do my font and style as I feel comfortable with:)

For me to read the tiny font that is the default font and tiy size I have to Highlight it just so I can read it. How would it be if I asked everyone else to change their fonts style and size for me and other vision impaired? I would not think of doing that. But when one or 2 CC members asked me to increase and bold my fonts I did so until they said they could then read what I said easier.

I hope you understand.

Joanie

Thank God! Done and done. Welcome to Boston. Great example of crowd sourced problem solving and those in power putting public safety above all else.

Joanie: I really mean no offense because you're an absolute sweetheart who would never hurt a fly. If there is an angel on this forum it's you. But your posts come as a shock to the system due to the bold, large type with :eek: and exclamation points, and often you post "breaking news" type threads, which, when coupled with the aforementioned are just- startling, alarming. Too much. If that's your style and you're sticking with it, ma'am ;), I get it and respect it. But if you're able to adjust the volume (because all we really have is color, bold, smilies, caps and punctuation) then I wold say go for it. Your method and your words don't jive.

Believe me I do understand what you are saying and I do respect your thoughts!! There I go with the exclamations but it is to let you know that I am serious when I say what I said:)

I will try and tone down a bit my headers of posts and not try to be so dramatic. But it may be a hard thing for me to remember so please bear with me??

Joanie

Believe me I do understand what you are saying and I do respect your thoughts!! There I go with the exclamations but it is to let you know that I am serious when I say what I said:)

I will try and tone down a bit my headers of posts and not try to be so dramatic. But it may be a hard thing for me to remember so please bear with me??

Joanie

As long as you can bear with my sarcasm and negativity :rolleyes::rolleyes:. You're a great lady!

I've been at this TV since 5 am, soooo thankful that this *appears* to be over for now. This hit way way way too close to home. What a horrible week for so many people in our country.

Joanie, what people are trying to tell you is that you can set your computer, and so can anyone with vision problems, so that you use the normal size font to type, but your individual computer will show it larger.

That way, everyone can read it at a size that's comfortable for them---not just the minority who need a larger font.

After all, most of us type in a smaller font than you do, so those with vision problems have to increase the size on their own computer in order to read the majority of the posts anyway.

As long as you can bear with my sarcasm and negativity :rolleyes::rolleyes:. You're a great lady!

I've been at this TV since 5 am, soooo thankful that this *appears* to be over for now. This hit way way way too close to home. What a horrible week for so many people in our country.

From you I can bear with it:)

And I agree 1200% on being so darned happy they have him in custody and people are able to get back to normal in the areas. I hope that he does not die from his wounds. I say this because I want to see him sent to Gitmo and info to come out from there on he and his brother. I seriously doubt, as do the news media that these 2 are the only ones involved..........

Joanie

Watching my Rangers play the Mariners tonight in our ballpark. When they played Sweet Caroline during the 3rd inning (like all ballparks across our nation), it brought tears to my eyes.

So many of us go to sporting events to escape the daily crap of life and get to cheer and smile at the great athletes and what they do. This horrid event happening during the marathon is unfathomable and put a horrible cloud on an otherwise exciting and happy event. I can't imagine what is happening with people that causes them to do such awful things.

OMG...our daughter, Sarah, is good friends (they were a bridesmaid and groomsman in her wedding) with a nice young couple who sold their boat to her Aunt Beth and Uncle David in Watertown...THE boat the guy was was hiding out in today! In fact, the boat was formerly owned by Sarah's friends, Amy and Arthur.

Joanie, what people are trying to tell you is that you can set your computer, and so can anyone with vision problems, so that you use the normal size font to type, but your individual computer will show it larger.

That way, everyone can read it at a size that's comfortable for them---not just the minority who need a larger font.

After all, most of us type in a smaller font than you do, so those with vision problems have to increase the size on their own computer in order to read the majority of the posts anyway.

I tried that Ruth and screwed up my CC on my Net Book so badly that I cannot read CC without a great deal of scrolling to the right.

I know what is being said and understand, but everyone has to realize that we each have a style we like and this is mine:)

Joanie

Let's not hijack a thread. Do what you have to do to read the thread. No need to comment.

We've been weaving all over the place during this whole saga. Relax.

Well done, law enforcement. I'm just so proud of my home state and I would move back there in a heart beat if I could afford it and if I cold handle the traffic ;). I love getting back as much as I can and it's always to Cambridge. I've had two kids go to Amherst College, too. Love western Mass.

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms & Explosives (ATF)

Massachusetts State Police

Boston PD

Watertown PD

Cambridge PD

Allied law enforcement agencies

One Hell of a Job!:)

Unbelievable. Way to do the job. I'm amazed.

Let's understand this with "heroes." The marathon had a tons of cops standing around and BOOM. Pay attention to your surroundings in whatever port you're in. If something looks out of place, say something. No need to make a cop a hero. Better to prevent it.

So proud to be in Boston tonight. I'm at the Fens with thousands of people. Some cops just drove by blaring Bohemian Rhapsody. Going to a bar to buy any cop I see drinks all night.

Oh Boston, you're my home ... YEAH!!!

So proud to be in Boston tonight. I'm at the Fens with thousands of people. Some cops just drove by blaring Bohemian Rhapsody. Going to a bar to buy any cop I see drinks all night.

Oh word, I just saw you guys on YouTube. Awesome.

Federal Bureau of Investigation

Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms & Explosives (ATF)

Massachusetts State Police

Boston PD

Watertown PD

Cambridge PD

Allied law enforcement agencies

One Hell of a Job!:)

Here, here !!!

We saw such good police work this week; such bravery; such dedication to their work.

They worked themselves to exhaustion in very dangerous circumstances.

I am a grateful Massachusetts citizen tonight and very appreciative to those who do that work.

Where would the rest of us be without them.

I was so happy to see the crowds gather to cheer them all as they drove out from the scene. A little appreciation is the least they are all owed.

I also could not have been more impressed than with Boston's Chief of Police.

Well done!!!

Monday to Friday....... Done!

Boston Strong!

Here, here !!!

We saw such good police work this week; such bravery; such dedication to their work.

They worked themselves to exhaustion in very dangerous circumstances.

I am a grateful Massachusetts citizen tonight and very appreciative to those who do that work.

Where would the rest of us be without them.

I was so happy to see the crowds gather to cheer them all as they drove out from the scene. A little appreciation is the least they are all owed.

I also could not have been more impressed than with Boston's Chief of Police.

Well done!!!

Monday to Friday....... Done!

Boston Strong!

Absolutely. Glad this thread came back to Boston and to the real heroes.

I think it's wonderful the crowds lining the street in Watertown cheering the police as they exit in their cruisers/vehicles.

http://www.wcvbtv.com

Apparently a large group has formed in Boston doing the same for Boston Police as they see them driving the streets. That must be the group Sppunk is a part of? Good for you, if so!!! :)

Well earned to show appreciation for all they did this week .... and every week but this week in particular.

Awesome!:)

Archived