Sailing from Boston . . .

Linda&Vern

Not sure what station you are listening to today, but MSNBC has mentioned the injured MBTA officer many times all morning along of course with the slain MIT policeman. What a tragedy.

There have been constant updates.

What a day, unbelievable.

In total during the gun and bomb battle last night there were 15 Cambridge Officers wounded:( I do not know if he, the MBTA Officer, was one of those or if his shooting was a separate event..........

Joanie, where are you getting the news about 15 officers wounded? :confused:

I'm also curious as I haven't heard that either.

I so hope it is an error. It chills me to even think it possible.

You know what?

I'm not saying this is the case today but didn't some of the news stations get it very wrong on Wednesday and report a suspect had been arrested....... then added he was being brought to Federal Court?

That went on for a few hours until we learned it wasn't true.

Is it possible the same thing is happening again? Misinformation being reported?

I've had on the three major Boston new stations and I haven't heard that yet...... and I profoundly hope they never have to report that.

You know what?

I'm not saying this is the case today but didn't some of the news stations get it very wrong on Wednesday and report a suspect had been arrested....... then added he was being brought to Federal Court?

That went on for a few hours until we learned it wasn't true.

Is it possible the same thing is happening again? Misinformation being reported?

I've had on the three major Boston new stations and I haven't heard that yet...... and I profoundly hope they never have to report that.

I think the news media it a bit trigger happy - and sometimes just stupid.

CNN reported someone arrested - and that wasn't true.

The NY Post put pictures of two suspects on their front page - and it wasn't them.

Unrelated to the Boston bombings, Reuters ran with George Soros' obituary prematurely.

CNN, FOX NEws and Y! News all reported that the 15 Officers were injured during the shoot out the ended with 1 suspect dead and the oother causing the massive shut down of Boston.

I'm searching for the Boston Police Official Link I was at earlier today that also spoke of it. In the mean time here is the Timeline of events from CBS: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57580402-504083/boston-marathon-bombings-timeline-of-events-in-the-manhunt-for-bombing-suspects/

EDITED TO ADD: "His 26-year-old brother Tamerlan was killed during the manhunt overnight. ... A Boston hospital said at least 15 police officers were wounded ..." http://www.itv.com/news/story/2013-04-19/officer-shot-dead-at-us-uni/ There are now thousands of Tweets on the Official Boston and Cambridge Police Twitter accounts and I am trying to find the one(s) that stated Officially about the 15 Officers wounded.

Joanie

There was just a recap of events on the news...... one police officer was shot multiple times, but there was no mention of multiple police officers being shot. I would have thought that would be top of the news if it was so. But time will tell.

I guess it should be noted that we are all likely following the events closely today, so we don't have to rely on stories reprinted on here.

CNN confirms 15 officers hurt.

Joanie, no offense but if you stopped using bold, large type, with double exclamation points and :eek: it would be a calmer place.

Indeed. And we should be mindful of our CC friends who live in Boston and are living this hell today.

Yes, I have been watching Boston local news, though I've had to turn it off. It's been a very stressful week, starting with my family being way too close to the finish line of the marathon on Monday (within 150 yds).

I am so proud of Bostonians right now. They have banded together and shown how tough they are. As said by one commentator, we were founded by Pilgrams - who were so tough they had to buckle their hats on. We are not terrorized - but we are wicked pissed....

CNN confirms 15 officers hurt.

Joanie, no offense but if you stopped using bold, large type, with double exclamation points and :eek: it would be a calmer place.

Thank you for saying this..

Yes, I have been watching Boston local news, though I've had to turn it off. It's been a very stressful week, starting with my family being way too close to the finish line of the marathon on Monday (within 150 yds).

I am so proud of Bostonians right now. They have banded together and shown how tough they are. As said by one commentator, we were founded by Pilgrams - who were so tough they had to buckle their hats on. We are not terrorized - but we are wicked pissed....

Great post.

SO Happy your family is safe.

That is way too close for comfort.

Give them an extra hug. :)

Another reason for a "Like" button. You all have my admiration.:)

This is all so tragic. Understand that they are currently closing in on suspect. This is tragic for the whole world, and not just Boston, or Massachusetts but for us all.

Too true.

and Sail, you have been on my mind all day, ever since your first post here today. My heart goes out to you all living through this while we are safely in our homes watching it on TV.

I, too, am praying for the people of Boston. They have truly been an inspiration during this terrible time. They opened their homes to strangers, paid taxi fares and did what they could to help those in need.

I pray that the remaining suspect is captured soon.

Debbie

Archived