Regent Flights - with and without deviation

Travelcat2

19 hours ago, TheShag said:

Getting closer to our November 25th cruise. It also now appears that RSSC has paid for the tickets as I can access more info on the airlines' sites. However, Turkish Airlines is looking for the specific 'e ticket number' for each of the passengers. Is this something that will come eventually from the Air Dept. or should I call them and request it? Thanks folks!

Our first leg home from Istanbul in May was a Turkish flight to LHR. We had booked our own air to use a flight credit that was due to expire. 

We were never able to access our Turkish booking online, as we were never able to learn our E-ticket numbers. Chase travel didn’t know it and apparently neither did Turkish Airlines’ US call center. The phone agent was at least able to confirm that we were actually booked on the flight. We finally got our seat assignments when we checked in at IST. 

Once we got past check-in the Turkish experience was great.  Amazing business class lounge and very good service on the plane. 

30 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Our first leg home from Istanbul in May was a Turkish flight to LHR. We had booked our own air to use a flight credit that was due to expire. 

We were never able to access our Turkish booking online, as we were never able to learn our E-ticket numbers. Chase travel didn’t know it and apparently neither did Turkish Airlines’ US call center. The phone agent was at least able to confirm that we were actually booked on the flight. We finally got our seat assignments when we checked in at IST. 

Once we got past check-in the Turkish experience was great.  Amazing business class lounge and very good service on the plane. 

Thanks for the info. I tried calling and was successful [maybe Canadian call centre was better trained?!]. Despite not knowing the 'credit card' that RSSC used [😁], nor when they paid for the ticket, luckily my Air Canada Aeroplan frequent flyer # was on file [thanks RSSC Air Dept!] and I got the numbers. Learned that they had changed our seat assignment. 57 days to go until departure!!

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

We booked a deviation flight through Regent.   Our booking looks ok in the airline’s site but it says the flights are not eligible for United air miles.    Is this always the case that you can’t earn miles on Regent contracted flights?

We have used Regent Air for two cruises, one pre and one post-COVID. We deviated both times choosing United/Star Alliance. We got our Mileage Plus miles both times. 

• 1 month later...

I would love to know the definitive answer. To my knowledge, its not a parameter that you can enter when doing 'what if' bookings. Rather, when you select 'business', you will get back different letter coded descriptions to the selected route. I have always thought that the specific 'refundability' is unique to the airline booked and not accessible to me.

On 9/12/2023 at 5:30 PM, edgee said:

...will forgo Regent air for this trip. Had to pay $75 phone fee to get the information..it is what it is.

Edited September 12 by edgee

So we are allowed to pay for a cruise with flight included and then change your mind and get a flight credit?  That would be fantastic even if I had to pay for the $75 phone fee.    I am planning to cruise for the first time with Regent this April.  

12 minutes ago, FLNGoing said:

So we are allowed to pay for a cruise with flight included and then change your mind and get a flight credit?  That would be fantastic even if I had to pay for the $75 phone fee.    I am planning to cruise for the first time with Regent this April.  

You don’t need to pay a fee to take the air credit. If you don’t want to use Regent Air just call your TA and tell them you don’t want the included air and they will update your booking, and your cruise price will go down by the amount of the credit. 

there is probably a deadline to make that decision but I don’t know what it is. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RMMcC said:

Sorry I'm sure this was asked prior but what paramiters can I enter on ITAMatrix to get business class refundable fares.

I don't believe you can enter anything to get just refundable business class fares in ITAMatrix. However ITAMatrix does give you the business class fare code and so if you know the different classes by letter for any airline you are considering, it gives you what fares ITAMatrix is quoting you. 

For instance when you look at the details of the option you are interested in, it will say business (p) or business (j) etc. for example. You just have to know what the P or J equate to with the airline you are looking at. You can easily google fare class codes for any airline and get that info. 

I find that it works for me to just go to the individual airline after using ITAMatrix, search the option i want and then see what fare classes are available.  It also gives me the opportunity to look at the seat availability so i am prepared to give the Regent person the seats i prefer and my frequent flier #. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Booked our first cruise for next July from Rome to Monte Carlo.  Called the first of December to get the flights.  Every one of my requests required at least a $2K pp fee.  The best they would offer without a fee is a 2 stop flight via Swiss Air arriving in Rome near midnight.

We are flying out of RSW (Ft Myers FL).

Totally disgusted with the whole process.  Thinking of cancelling the cruise and trying the new Ritz cruise.

We are looking into that.  What prompted us to try this cruise was the inclusion of business class airfare.  Now it appears that comes with some significant restrictions.

I plan to compare the Regent cruise with others excluding the airfare to get a better feel for the overall value.

I am familiar with RSW as our winter home is there. Given the relatively small size of RSW, unless you are able to fly the same airline through to your end destination, its unlikely you will get the domestic portion as business/first class. 

On 12/13/2023 at 9:29 AM, FL Wolfpacker said:

Booked our first cruise for next July from Rome to Monte Carlo.  Called the first of December to get the flights.  Every one of my requests required at least a $2K pp fee.  The best they would offer without a fee is a 2 stop flight via Swiss Air arriving in Rome near midnight.

We are flying out of RSW (Ft Myers FL).

Totally disgusted with the whole process.  Thinking of cancelling the cruise and trying the new Ritz cruise.

Did you look at itineraries out of Tampa, Orlando, or Miami?  We also have a smaller market airport in FL as our home airport, but find itineraries always involve two stops at a minimum.  Also, if you find a non-stop from TPA, MCO, or MIA to a major airport in Europe (FRA, LHR, etc.) the connecting flight to Rome (from Monte Carlo) might be in business class.  (Although that doesn't mean the same as first class in the United States.)

14 hours ago, loriva said:

Did you look at itineraries out of Tampa, Orlando, or Miami?  We also have a smaller market airport in FL as our home airport, but find itineraries always involve two stops at a minimum.  Also, if you find a non-stop from TPA, MCO, or MIA to a major airport in Europe (FRA, LHR, etc.) the connecting flight to Rome (from Monte Carlo) might be in business class.  (Although that doesn't mean the same as first class in the United States.)

I would agree - depending on the flight time drive  to MIA, TPA or MCO and stay the night as many hotels have park and fly deals and shuttle to the airport.   You return will most likely arrive in the late afternoon so stay another night at the same hotel.   It will make the travel days a lot easier and most certainly cost less than 2K pp.  

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

I would agree - depending on the flight time drive  to MIA, TPA or MCO and stay the night as many hotels have park and fly deals and shuttle to the airport.   You return will most likely arrive in the late afternoon so stay another night at the same hotel.   It will make the travel days a lot easier and most certainly cost less than 2K pp.  

I think the best option will be to add another day at the hotel prior to the cruise.  That will be less expensive than flying out of one of the gateway airports.

Regardless I will investigate other cruise lines and compare them to Regent minus the air component before I make my final decision.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2023 at 9:55 AM, FL Wolfpacker said:

We are looking into that.  What prompted us to try this cruise was the inclusion of business class airfare.  Now it appears that comes with some significant restrictions.

I plan to compare the Regent cruise with others excluding the airfare to get a better feel for the overall value.

For info, if you read Regent's Terms and Conditions here is a list of the airports that offer "free business class." 

" *FREE Business Class Air applies to intercontinental flights only from the following airports: ATL, BOS, CLT, DEN, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, IAD, IAH, JFK, LAX, LGA, MCO, MDW, MIA, MSP, ORD, PBI, PHL, PHX, SAN, SAV, SEA, SFO, TPA, YUL, YVR, YYZ. Airfare is available from all other U.S. and Canadian gateways for an additional charge."
As for Itineraries, Regent uses deeply discounted contract rates.  After Covid the airlines have become very understaffed for the demand.  The most desirable routes, the non stops, are very popular and business class is their premium product, so they don't offer discounted rates on most of them.  So without an upcharge, traveling from a non gateway city, 2 stopovers is most likely what you'll have to do unless you want to pay the upcharge.  I am a retired Delta Pilot and as such I can get at least a 25% discount one any Delta flight.  Yet even with an upcharge to Regent, my discount can't come close to the Regent pricing.  So I always use. Regent Air (even with an upcharge) for business class flights (at least so far). 

Does anyone have experience with earning American Airlines frequent flyer miles when flying on American via Regent Air (i.e., negotiated fare)? It seems unlikely, but you never know.

Edited by GMIAC

12 minutes ago, GMIAC said:

Does anyone have experience with earning American Airlines frequent flyer miles when flying on American via Regent Air (i.e., negotiated fare)? It seems unlikely, but you never know.

You can definitely earn American Airlines frequent flyer miles when using Regent air to book the flights. I’ve gotten Miles numerous times in the past. Just manage your booking on the American Airlines website and make sure that your frequent flyer number is in your reservation.

Dave

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DaveFr said:

You can definitely earn American Airlines frequent flyer miles when using Regent air to book the flights. I’ve gotten Miles numerous times in the past. Just manage your booking on the American Airlines website and make sure that your frequent flyer number is in your reservation.

Dave

That's encouraging. Thanks!

1 hour ago, GMIAC said:

You will but it is based on milage flow:

Special fares

Earning AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points

Some fares (such as bulk or consolidator fares) earn AAdvantage® miles at a modified rate based on a percentage of the distance flown as determined by the booking code.*

You’ll earn Loyalty Points toward AAdvantage® status for each AAdvantage® base mile earned on eligible flights, including cabin of service and status mileage bonuses.

Special fares are often bought through a specialized agent, third party or as part of a package including air transportation and lodging.

These include:

• Bulk fares
  • Cruise fares
  • Consolidator fares
  • Discounted or inclusive tour packages
  • Other tickets where the fare isn't disclosed, excluding bookings made through priceline.com or hotwire.com where the carrier isn't disclosed before buying

4 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

You will but it is based on milage flow:

Special fares

Earning AAdvantage® miles and Loyalty Points

Some fares (such as bulk or consolidator fares) earn AAdvantage® miles at a modified rate based on a percentage of the distance flown as determined by the booking code.*

You’ll earn Loyalty Points toward AAdvantage® status for each AAdvantage® base mile earned on eligible flights, including cabin of service and status mileage bonuses.

Special fares are often bought through a specialized agent, third party or as part of a package including air transportation and lodging.

These include:

• Bulk fares
  • Cruise fares
  • Consolidator fares
  • Discounted or inclusive tour packages
  • Other tickets where the fare isn't disclosed, excluding bookings made through priceline.com or hotwire.com where the carrier isn't disclosed before buying

Thanks for the info. I read that on AA's site, but was wondering what people's real life experience was.