Regent Flights - with and without deviation

Travelcat2

10 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

Like Dave said, if you don’t deviate and you aren’t in concierge or above, you will usually arrive on embarkation day and depart on debarkation day.

And Concierge and above only allows you to fly in the day before the cruise if you take the included one-night pre-cruise hotel and then you need to depart the day the cruise ends.  Those dates shift if you are doing Regent's pre- or post-cruise included tour, if there is one.  But any travel dates except those directly tied to the cruise or Regent packages will include the deviation fee (and possibly upcharges if the contracted itineraries do not fit your desires.)  Only those who have achieved Platinum status or above in the Seven Seas Society have the deviation fee waived.  (Maybe those in Grand Suites and above also have a waiver, but never sailed in one of those so cannot tell you.)

On 12/30/2023 at 7:37 PM, SWFLAOK said:

How were you able to get you AA frequent flyer number associated with the flight that Regent booked? We tried doing this and were not successful. Regent told us we needed to do it through AA, and AA told us we needed to do it through Regent.

Had R add the numbers when making the reservation. Went on AA.com to confirm that it was done. This was at the time of making the air res (deviation). We always deviate to get the flights we want. Well worth the $175 per person.

Edited by Aloha 1

39 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

Had R add the numbers when making the reservation. Went on AA.com to confirm that it was done. This was at the time of making the air res (deviation). We always deviate to get the flights we want. Well worth the $175 per person.

Do these flights count as revenue tickets with regards to Advantage miles? 

1 hour ago, Aloha 1 said:

I you have the record location you can add the flight in the aa ap on your phone and you should be able to manage the trip and add TSA pre/ff number..... 

On 1/12/2024 at 8:06 PM, Lonedaddy said:

What airline did they book you on without seat assignments ? BA?

It was Qatar Airways. They told us we had seats assigned, and we checked online, and the seats appeared to be assigned. But it did not show as ticketed our outgoing flight. A few weeks later, we checked on the Qatar website again, and the seats were no longer assigned. We talked to our TA, and she found that we would have to wait until check-in for our seat assignments unless we paid an upcharge for seat assignments. We will be checking regularly on our flights until we leave.

1 minute ago, SWFLAOK said:

It was Qatar Airways. They told us we had seats assigned, and we checked online, and the seats appeared to be assigned. But it did not show as ticketed our outgoing flight. A few weeks later, we checked on the Qatar website again, and the seats were no longer assigned. We talked to our TA, and she found that we would have to wait until check-in for our seat assignments unless we paid an upcharge for seat assignments. We will be checking regularly on our flights until we leave.

But on the up side, we were able to enter our Jet Blue numbers on the Qatar Airways website and it accepted it.

3 minutes ago, SWFLAOK said:

But on the up side, we were able to enter our Jet Blue numbers on the Qatar Airways website and it accepted it.

If you have any oneworld status you should be able to get seats.

• 1 month later...
On 1/19/2024 at 8:27 AM, bitob said:

We just booked Regent Air with our TA to Athens.  The Regent agent assigned seats right on the phone.  On American.  Aadvantage miles count

Wondering about how American's new policy not allowing tickets bought through unaffiliated (whatever that means) travel agents to earn Aadvantage miles will affect mileage earning for folks using cruise line air arrangements. One would presume that cruise lines have a contract with airlines on which they book passengers, but not sure if this new policy affects mileage earning for them.

4 minutes ago, edgee said:

Wondering about how American's new policy not allowing tickets bought through unaffiliated (whatever that means) travel agents to earn Aadvantage miles will affect mileage earning for folks using cruise line air arrangements. One would presume that cruise lines have a contract with airlines on which they book passengers, but not sure if this new policy affects mileage earning for them.

Good point.  I guess we will find out as soon as someone tries to collect the miles and is told they don't count!  I am using Regent air for an August cruise (one way) -- we are booked on American.

If I am first to find out I will let you know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bitob said:

Good point.  I guess we will find out as soon as someone tries to collect the miles and is told they don't count!  I am using Regent air for an August cruise (one way) -- we are booked on American.

If I am first to find out I will let you know.

Yes, please. We have a Tokyo-LAX in Sept on AA.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, silkismom said:

Yes, please. We have a Tokyo-LAX in Sept on AA.

When flight was booked I was able to add my ff number 

Edited by bitob

23 minutes ago, bitob said:

Yes, my ff numbers are on it, BUT it won't be "ticketed" for several more months and AA says the change starts May 1. We'll see what happens.

23 minutes ago, bitob said:

Really doubt a booking made before the process change will confirm whether or not ff points are given for regrnt booked AA flights. 

Generally points changes are effective for bookings made after the effective date of the change so until new bookings are made and flights taken the effect of this change will not be fully known. 

8 hours ago, silkismom said:

Yes, my ff numbers are on it, BUT it won't be "ticketed" for several more months and AA says the change starts May 1. We'll see what happens.

Until you are ticketed, you're basically ignored by the airline. From our experience, you're just put on the list for seats that Regent has access to for the flight. Once you're ticketed, you have an assigned seat, and if you see the seat and your ff numbers on the airline's website, you're good to go.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Until you are ticketed, you're basically ignored by the airline. From our experience, you're just put on the list for seats that Regent has access to for the flight. Once you're ticketed, you have an assigned seat, and if you see the seat and your ff numbers on the airline's website, you're good to go.

I have seats already

On 3/2/2024 at 10:19 AM, bitob said:

I have seats already

We were told we had seats already, and told the seat numbers by Regent. However, when we checked our reservations on the Qatar Airways website a few days later we had no tickets. Our TA checked with Regent, and they said to wait a week after we were booked, and to check again. When we checked again, we had tickets on the Qatar Airways website, but we had no seats assigned. We contacted our TA who spoke to Regent and they said that we should just wait. She spoke to Qatar Airways, and they said they were now charging for seat assignments. We  then contacted Qatar Airways ourselves, and they said that seat assignments in Business class required an additional payment on 3 of the 4 flights we were booked on. We passed this on to our TA and she talked to Regent and they said that we just had to wait for seat assignments, and they couldn't tell us when they would be available. We decided we didn't want to wait and our TA contacted Qatar Airways. That's when we found out that only the least desirable seats were for Regent. We booked the best of what was left, and are happy with that.

Hope you get the seats you're expecting, but we don't like surprises.

We have coach seats on AA from ORD-LGA on April 9, returning in business on AA from BCN-ORD on May 1, via Regent Air (deviation* because of early outbound and later return than our cruise dates). We had our requested seat assignments, but the booking showed up in our AAdvantage profiles as unticketed. We could not make changes to our seats at that point. At some point (60 days before April 10, maybe?) the trip was ticketed an we were able to go in and make seat changes ourselves if we wanted to. We’ll find out shortly after May 1 if we’ll get mileage credit for that flight. 

*It was a bit disconcerting to me that Regent wouldn’t automatically fly us to LGA the day before embarking without our having to deviate and pay; we chose to get our own hotel in NYC the night before, not wanting to leave it up to Regent to choose our NYC hotel.  

On 3/7/2024 at 7:47 AM, GMIAC said:

We have coach seats on AA from ORD-LGA on April 9, returning in business on AA from BCN-ORD on May 1, via Regent Air (deviation* because of early outbound and later return than our cruise dates). We had our requested seat assignments, but the booking showed up in our AAdvantage profiles as unticketed. We could not make changes to our seats at that point. At some point (60 days before April 10, maybe?) the trip was ticketed an we were able to go in and make seat changes ourselves if we wanted to. We’ll find out shortly after May 1 if we’ll get mileage credit for that flight. 

*It was a bit disconcerting to me that Regent wouldn’t automatically fly us to LGA the day before embarking without our having to deviate and pay; we chose to get our own hotel in NYC the night before, not wanting to leave it up to Regent to choose our NYC hotel.  

That's always a hard decision to make. On our first Regent cruise from Vancouver to Seward on Mariner, we were encouraged by our cruise TA book a Veranda suite instead of a Concierge Suite because they were the same size, and cost less. We were told it wasn't worth the transfers from the airport to the port, and the overnight hotel, and arriving the day before, and that we could do that on our own for less.

Then we found out that if we wanted to arrive the day before the cruise boarded, we had to pay the deviation fee. And when we booked a hotel room near the port in Vancouver, we had to pay 450 US dollars for a room overnight, an included breakfast, and having out bags taken downstairs to meet us at the port for cruise check in. When we arrived in Vancouver, we had to pay 40 US dollars plus tip to get to the hotel from the airport. At that point, we had spent more than if we booked Concierge, and I would not have a coffeemaker in our cabin.

On the morning of our embarkation, we were contacted by our TA as we were headed to check in, which was connected to the ground floor of our hotel. She told us we were being offered a free upgrade to a penthouse suite. Since we had already lost most of the benefits of a higher cabin level, and our luggage was already on it's way to the cabin we had booked, we declined.

Everything went well from there.

Since then, we have always booked Concierge or Penthouse so that Regent will fly us in the day before, and have transfers and hotel included. The hotels have always been acceptable. We always pay the deviation fee for our flights, because we want them booked as soon as flights are available Getting a flight assigned a few months ahead of time makes me nervous. We have never again been offered an upgrade after booking, neither free nor for an additional charge, and we've spent more than 100 nights onboard since our first cruise.

12 hours ago, SWFLAOK said:

Since then, we have always booked Concierge or Penthouse so that Regent will fly us in the day before, and have transfers and hotel included. 

The thing is, we used Regent Air for our upcoming NYC-Barcelona, and their standard air had us flying in the day of embarkation, and we didn’t want to do that. So we were stuck paying the deviation to get in the day before because we didn’t want the Regent hotel. We still came out slightly ahead getting our own hotel. 

• 3 weeks later...

We understand your concerns but-it is Reget program, which allows it to shorten the  the business class leg that  is required in their advertising by flying guests in basic economy all over the US of course, added connections are inconvenient. And all, offer., a new opportunity to miss a flight..We found United fights business class to and from London. Perfect Flor you August cruise, Ir r\requires a deviation. Which will. Be well worth it.

We are at MIA for the "business class" flight that Regent booked for us on Qatar Airways. Even though we made the deviation fee to book early and had to pay Qatar Airways extra to reserve seats we found out we don't have real business class seats. They're "business lite" and have no access to a lounge.

When we checked in we were told we could access the Turkish airlines lounge, but they showed us we had no lounge access. We just paid over a hundred dollars for sandwiches and drinks at a noisy counter.

Even worse, we have a very long layover in Doha, and have no longer access there either. AT The gate here in Miami we were told to go to the transfer desk in Doha to see what we can buy. I could have paid 148 o line yesterday if I knew I needed to but it's too late for that offer.

I guess I know why we were only offered the worst seats in business. I wonder what other amenities we don't get onboard.