Ündressed Dress Code

max101

We were recently on a Caribbean cruise and saw a couple of women suntanning topless. We were with friends with children 10 and 12 and the children found this rather odd since we had to walk directly past them to get to the ocean view café for lunch. Just wondering if there is any type of a dress code for sun tanning.

We were recently on a Caribbean cruise and saw a couple of women suntanning topless. We were with friends with children 10 and 12 and the children found this rather odd since we had to walk directly past them to get to the ocean view café for lunch. Just wondering if there is any type of a dress code for sun tanning.

I know some ships with other lines have special areas for it not sure about celebrity. chances are they were from Europe. where thankfully there more comfortable with such things:D

The policy on Celebrity's website.

Guest Conduct Policy

Pool, deck, and theater chairs may not be reserved. Public nudity is not permitted and guests must be appropriately attired (including while on stateroom verandas if visible to others onboard, on other vessels or ashore). Topless sunbathing may be permitted on some ships and on some itineraries, but only in designated areas.

I do not have a problem with nudity by the pool areas, as I go topless in the pool and the spa (hot tub).:D

We were on Carnival Spirit in 2005, Hawaii to Alaska. I discovered the topless bathing deck up top one day. There was a little sign at the stairway up to that deck 'Beware - Topless Bathing in this Area.' I had to investigate. LOL.

I saw a bit of topless bathing too on the Arcadia last year, Sydney to Southampton, the Pom ladies getting some rays across ye olde Indian Ocean.

On Celebrity Solstice this March, Sydney to Auckland, NZ, I searched in vain for some topless activity, so as I could report same to the Chief Security Officer, but alas it was a little chilly for the said activity.

I was going to chime in here but my wife told me not to even consider it since she is well awar of my juvenile humor.....sorry.

Den

:D I understand your pain. im using all my self control not to make a funny remark

There was some ypung ladies (20-25s) going topless on some deckchairson the top deck (level 14) for the Solstices' Queensland cruise but they were face down when I went past. In fact they were face down everytime I went past.:D

First sea day on Med Cruise in August my daughter and I witnessed a 65 year old very over tanned topless sunbather. Next day she had her top on. Every time I go on a cruise the sight is in my mind yewww and I expect to see her walking the decks ha.ha.

First sea day on Med Cruise in August my daughter and I witnessed a 65 year old very over tanned topless sunbather. Next day she had her top on. Every time I go on a cruise the sight is in my mind yewww and I expect to see her walking the decks ha.ha.

in those case it is your duty to mankind to walk up to her and politely ask her to either put her clothes back on or pay for everyone's psychiatrist bill:cool:

Heard a quote on an episode of Dr. Phil where he said their family had gone to Europe on vacation where they passed by a nude beach. Their 18 year old son made the remark "seeing that makes it clear why clothing is required."

:D:eek:

Heard a quote on an episode of Dr. Phil where he said their family had gone to Europe on vacation where they passed by a nude beach. Their 18 year old son made the remark "seeing that makes it clear why clothing is required."

:D:eek:

:)

Way back when we were on our honeymoon (in southern Europe), my new wife and I found this amazing secluded beach that none of the big, pasty, northern Europeans knew about. We got there quite early one morning and we were the only ones on the beach. But soon more and more people showed up and stripped right down. Yep, we had found the local's fully nude beach! WOW, the women were the most gorgeous group I had ever seen in one place - like a beauty pageant just better.:D

Needless to say, we didn't stay long at the pageant.:(

So there Dr. Phil - you can be wrong!

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't see a big deal about it? Then again I live in a province where topless women is generally legal anywhere men can be topless.

They're just breasts, really. I can't imagine anyone is going to be damaged by seeing other people's body parts, regardless of how attractive or unattractive it might be.

And yup, I have a three year old son and it wouldn't bother me if he saw topless women.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't see a big deal about it? Then again I live in a province where topless women is generally legal anywhere men can be topless.

They're just breasts, really. I can't imagine anyone is going to be damaged by seeing other people's body parts, regardless of how attractive or unattractive it might be.

And yup, I have a three year old son and it wouldn't bother me if he saw topless women.

I with you man, I just don't see the big deal. I think its more of a religious morality thing to some people.

:)

Way back when we were on our honeymoon (in southern Europe), my new wife and I found this amazing secluded beach that none of the big, pasty, northern Europeans knew about. We got there quite early one morning and we were the only ones on the beach. But soon more and more people showed up and stripped right down. Yep, we had found the local's fully nude beach! WOW, the women were the most gorgeous group I had ever seen in one place - like a beauty pageant just better.:D

Needless to say, we didn't stay long at the pageant.:(

So there Dr. Phil - you can be wrong!

You're my hero!!:D

I with you man, I just don't see the big deal. I think its more of a religious morality thing to some people.

Probably the same kids that play shoot'em up bloodbath video games all day , but God forbid mom and dad have to explain a woman's breast

Probably the same kids that play shoot'em up bloodbath video games all day , but God forbid mom and dad have to explain a woman's breast

lol pretty much. I live in an area of the country that is very much like this. and when I hear them talk all crazy about it I cant help but tilt my head and roll my eyes

You're my hero!!:D

I hadn't thought about that for many years before I read this thread today. But now that I'm thinking about it..........

"Hey honey, why don't we cancel that Celebrity cruise next year and go back to the Algarve instead?"

What do you think my chances are?

If men can go topless, why shouldn't women be able to go topless? That some people cannot internalize that the real purpose of the female breast is to provide nourishment to those womens' infants really is the problem.

And if you are talking about the "yewww" factor there are many men who should not be topless. :D

And we should also have guidelines as to the sizing and cut of men's bathing trunks! :p

I lived in Germany and it was very common place to see nude sunbathing when we went over the Isar River on the streetcar to downtown Munich...it was a very urban area right near the Deutsches Museum. We also saw the same at the Englischer Gartens. As Americans I will say we weren't used to it, but after months of living there you don't even notice it.

When we cruised on Norwegian, they used to have a *Freestyle Deck* where nude sunbathing was allowed.

Once you've seen two, you've seen them all. It's only Americans who have problems with topless. When you go to Europe, you see women sunbathing topless where they could almost kick them with their knees, and no one seems to give a rip. And like someone here said, kids are playing Grand Theft Auto and Call to Duty, but you have a problem explaining the "girls"?

LOL :D Maybe those aboard ships with Lawn Clubs might like to get together on Saturday.

funny enough when I first heard about celebrity putting a lawn on top of there ships I thought is was for sunbathers

Archived