Princess Secrets they Don't Tell You - 2013 version

Guess we shouldn't get our cruise cards too close to the walls! :D

LuLu

~~~~

LOL...my brain was thinking "metal" but my fingers typed "magnetic"!! Yes, I wouldn't want my cruise card anywhere near the walls if they were magnetic!!

Joan

LOL...my brain was thinking "metal" but my fingers typed "magnetic"!! Yes, I wouldn't want my cruise card anywhere near the walls if they were magnetic!!

Joan

Don't worry about the cruise card, worry about your belt buckle. :)

Where does one go to buy shares?

No problem your bank will have a shares purchase department and as ypouo are a member of the bank most things will already be set up Just ask for the CCL shares from USA I had no problem

ARE there any more secrets?

This seems to have developed into yet another discussion about how to get wine onto a ship. There are dozens of discussions on this, but I was really looking forward to reading some great secrets.....

Am waiting with baited breath!;)

Not a secret as such but we always ask our steward to make the beds with top sheets as well and an extra SOFT pillow each (there are a range of pillows although normally only available to full suites)

I always get the wine glasses in our room each day so we can enjoy our bottles we were permitted to bring on board in our room

Not a secret as such but we always ask our steward to make the beds with top sheets as well and an extra SOFT pillow each (there are a range of pillows although normally only available to full suites)

I always get the wine glasses in our room each day so we can enjoy our bottles we were permitted to bring on board in our room

They don't normally make the bed with a top sheet?

They don't normally make the bed with a top sheet?

No, Princess uses duvets with a cotton percale cover. It's the standard European way of making a bed; very comfy. (I personally abhor top sheets -- so suffocating and clingy and either they're tucked in so severely you can barely move or else they get all rumpled up. I haven't used top sheets since I went away to college -- probably because it was one less piece of laundry I had to do!)

Thanks for the info. We have already sent copies of the discharge certificate to Princess. We will certainly be keeping an eye out for the OBC to appear.

I would like the email address when you have time.

Linda

Hi SewLady - Sean.Sturgess@carnivalukgroup.com please only email him if you havent heard anything after 2 weeks or so.

No, Princess uses duvets with a cotton percale cover. It's the standard European way of making a bed; very comfy. (I personally abhor top sheets -- so suffocating and clingy and either they're tucked in so severely you can barely move or else they get all rumpled up. I haven't used top sheets since I went away to college -- probably because it was one less piece of laundry I had to do!)

We also like the duvets.

If you would also like to have a top sheet, your room steward will certainly put one on for you. No problem!

LuLu

~~~~

FYI...If your submitting a copy of your DD214 , US military discharge paper, make sure your Social Security Number is whited out.

On my latest reservation Princess already had a record of my DD214 and my TA also has a record.

Tom:)

tom...last i read it was $90 per person for the chef's table. well worth it if you've never done it. as soon as you get to your cabin, call the dine line to request an invitation to the chef's table. then they will let you know the date and time and meeting place. i've done it and it's really a fabulous experience.

cheers

Edited by NorthPhoenixGuy

tom...last i read it was $90 per person for the chef's table. well worth it if you've never done it. as soon as you get to your cabin, call the dine line to request an invitation to the chef's table. then they will let you know the date and time and meeting place. i've done it and it's really a fabulous experience.

cheers

It is actually $95 per person and $115.00 per person on the Royal. Not sure if the $115.00 tab will be implemented fleetwide or not.

As others have already stated, my favorite tip is buying the CCL stock. It pays a dividend of $1.00/share, so if you have 100 shares, you will get $100 a year in dividends alone. After our upcoming Sapphire Princess cruise, we will have gotten $800 in shipboard credit thus far.

Both hubby and I have 100 shares of CCL stock. Here's why: the person listed on the brokerage account must be a booked passenger. Since my name is not on my husband's 401K, I couldn't use it when I sailed with my mom. Last year we took our girls on a cruise and booked 2 cabins. On the reservation, I was in one room (with $100 credit) and hubby was in the other room (with $100 credit).

If you don't have a brokerage purchase available through your IRA or 401K, you can always open up a personal account or IRA account through Fidelity, TdAmeritrade, Scottrade, E-Trade or just about any broker. I prefer Fidelity, since that's where our 401K's are. Even though their website says that you need a minimum balance to open an account, I opened my Roth IRA with only $250. I scheduled weekly transfers to my account and waited until I had about $1500 in it to start buying any stocks. You don't need to buy all 100 shares of stock at one time!

On my latest reservation Princess already had a record of my DD214 and my TA also has a record.

Tom:)

If you sign into My Princess, Circle Savings Account, Onboard Credits, you can see that Military Benefit is a semi-permanent credit, expiring at the end of 2021 in my case!

Yes, It applies to US, Canada, UK, Australia and NZ

Does anybody know why this applies only to those countries. I served in the military for almost 2 years in the Netherlands and as far as I know Holland is part of the same alliance as the USA, Canada, UK, NZ, and Australia.

Should I just apply for this benefit and see what happens?

Theo

[/color]

Note: I have never ordered anything that is not listed on the room service menu for breakfast. Don't want to go there' date=' especially if I discover they will deliver bacon. We try to eat "light" for breakfast. LOL[/font']

Sue from Fairfield, CA

I order eggs served sunny side up with bacon on room service ticket almost every morning. I do this by writing in my order on the ticket. :cool:

Carnival Corp stock is trading for about $35 a share.

To purchase 100 shares, you would need to open a brokerage account. For one trade, the best thing is to go to your bank and talk to them about it.

I bought mine through Socttrade for $7.or $7.95:) no other fees or maintenance fees, they even hold the stock AND at one point CCL & RCL stopped paying dividends,I didn't know they resumed:o, lol so I have over $500 in the cash account which I will now do something with. Good investment, even just to sit there. What I do think is a bummer is only getting 1 cruise credit per cruise no matter how long it is. 1 day to however many days=1 credit.:mad:

I bought mine through Socttrade for $7.or $7.95:) no other fees or maintenance fees, they even hold the stock AND at one point CCL & RCL stopped paying dividends,I didn't know they resumed:o, lol so I have over $500 in the cash account which I will now do something with. Good investment, even just to sit there. What I do think is a bummer is only getting 1 cruise credit per cruise no matter how long it is. 1 day to however many days=1 credit.:mad:

6 days or less $50

7-13 days $100

14 or more days $250

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The amount of the OBC is based on the length of the cruise. $50 to $250.

Your Captain's Circle status is based on one of two things: 1) number of cruises, or 2) number of nights at sea. We hit the 150 night level (Elite status) after 10 cruises, instead of after 15 cruises. We like the longer cruises :)

Edited by MGnut

I thought it was one bottle of wine for a mini bar setup?

Someone told me that they add up the value of each item in the bar set up and ask for the equivalent of what they would rather have. I don't know if this is true or not, but, since I don't drink most of whats in there, I may try on my upcoming cruise.

I have given mine away or had a few people in the share appetizers and the hard stuff. lol