Allure concierge club?

I hope you are never given cause to become irked, but sadly there is a chance it might happen if you book a suite. As a suite guest before I made D+, some of the D+'s did give a vibe as if the CL belonged to them (and only them)...as if suite guests are interlopers. Rather than be irked, I mostly simply tried to avoid the people who seemed to have such an attitude. now that I am D+, I still would rather avoid that attitude as I find it unpleasant and possibly counterproductive. If top loyalty members co-exist happily with suite guests, even perhaps encouraging newbie suites guests to become regular cruisers, shared access seems more likely to continue. Symbiosis seems wiser than some artificial competition between the two groups.

Annoying people exist. Some are people who choose to book suites on cruise ships. Some are people who cruise a lot on cruise ships. Some are people who are on their first cruise in an interior with a family of four. Some are single people. Some are old people. Some are young people.

I can't control the behavior of other people. Believe me, I try. (I'm a teacher. But I know the difference between my relationship with my students and my relationship with fellow cruisers. ;))

I can only control my reaction to them. Therefore I ignore or avoid annoying people, but I don't let them affect my cruise experience.

:)

we probably will be on the Allure of the Seas at the end of the summer (we're waiting for after final payment)..

i was planning on taking the least expensive oceanview balcony room, but now i'm beginning to re-think that.

This will be our first non-DCL cruise.

On DCL we always have cruised concierge, so i'm wondering if i'm setting myself up for disappointment by booking non-concierge.

But my actual question is, when you board, do you go straight to the concierge lounge? or do you have to go to studio B and whatever to make any last minute reservations (like all access tour, show reservations, dining changes, etc).

and is there food in the concierge lounge when you board?

On our recent 4/21 sailing the lounge was open for lunch at 1:30, however the Concierge himself was not there until that evening.

Concierge Class is on Celebrity ships. The "lounge" is open to Diamond + and suite cruisers. They have a "Diamond" lounge for us lowly Diamond members. I'll bring this up again. This is one thing that really irks me. If somebody purchases a suite (could be their 1st. cruise on RCCL), they get to go to the Diamond Plus lounge. I really don't think that it's fair. We've got 147 nights on RCCL. I got to go to the Diamond + lounge once. They changed the tiers just after we turned Diamond :( Sorry for the vent.

Joe

Actually, it is not a Diamond Plus lounge, it is a Suite lounge, and Royal perks Diamond Plus up so they get to take advantage of it. I too am only Diamond, but when I do pay for a Suite, I like to get the amenities without feeling I am being overrun by Diamond Plus cruisers.

Since the diamond event was replaced with the Diamond lounge (most ships) they are basically the same.

Full bar , except for foo foo drinks, appetizers in the evening.

We actually prefer the diamond lounge over the concierge on some ships. Especially when there is an overflow lounge with a bar..

The Diamond Lounge is much nicer than the CL on the Voyager Class ships since it is up on deck 14 and has all those great windows, and much nicer furniture and even the Private Deck area.

The Diamond Lounge is much nicer than the CL on the Voyager Class ships since it is up on deck 14 and has all those great windows, and much nicer furniture and even the Private Deck area.

Not Voyager class. Freedom class.

I hope you are never given cause to become irked, but sadly there is a chance it might happen if you book a suite. As a suite guest before I made D+, some of the D+'s did give a vibe as if the CL belonged to them (and only them)...as if suite guests are interlopers. Rather than be irked, I mostly simply tried to avoid the people who seemed to have such an attitude. now that I am D+, I still would rather avoid that attitude as I find it unpleasant and possibly counterproductive. If top loyalty members co-exist happily with suite guests, even perhaps encouraging newbie suites guests to become regular cruisers, shared access seems more likely to continue. Symbiosis seems wiser than some artificial competition between the two groups.

I have to agree with you about attitudes. We are D+ and worked very hard at getting to this level(ALOT of cruises) however we have no problem sharing the perks with those who spend the money on a suite, whether they have cruised once or 20. What bothers me is the gold area at the pool which is for suite (and maybe pinnacle?) only while those of us who are diamond+ still have to jockey for pool/sun deck position. I would like to go to the solarium or pool and not have to settle on deck chairs that are so crammed together, you have to be an athlete to get into them. This is my venting. Otherwise, I adore RCCL.

I have to agree with you about attitudes. We are D+ and worked very hard at getting to this level(ALOT of cruises) however we have no problem sharing the perks with those who spend the money on a suite, whether they have cruised once or 20. What bothers me is the gold area at the pool which is for suite (and maybe pinnacle?) only while those of us who are diamond+ still have to jockey for pool/sun deck position. I would like to go to the solarium or pool and not have to settle on deck chairs that are so crammed together, you have to be an athlete to get into them. This is my venting. Otherwise, I adore RCCL.

On Allure the Suite Sun Zone only area was available to D+ and above. We took full advantage. The policy on each ship can be different, but the Concierge will let you know.

Actually, it is not a Diamond Plus lounge, it is a Suite lounge, and Royal perks Diamond Plus up so they get to take advantage of it. I too am only Diamond, but when I do pay for a Suite, I like to get the amenities without feeling I am being overrun by Diamond Plus cruisers.

That makes me feel really sad that you feel this way. No one is better than anyone else regardless of the amount of money they spend.

We are both D+ and Grand Suite cruisers. We have never felt what you are talking about.

We're almost Pinnacle and don't understand (and don't see) the snobbery in the lounges.

We love to meet new people, who ever they are. :)

The only sin is to be boring. :D

I really haven't seen a difference in attitude between D+ and suite guests. The only difference I observed (and that makes it quite limited) on Oasis was that D+ tended to adhere to the dress code much more than suite guests who tended to be somewhat casually dressed.

I really haven't seen a difference in attitude between D+ and suite guests. The only difference I observed (and that makes it quite limited) on Oasis was that D+ tended to adhere to the dress code much more than suite guests who tended to be somewhat casually dressed.

Actually, I will agree with you. When I have seen swimsuits and such in the CL, the wearers have been suite guests.

We have two Grand Suites booked for June 2013 Allure Western Caribbean and I have been told by my TA and RCL rep that the Concierge Lounge is NOT open at embarkation and no food/drink available. Based on this information, I made lunch reservations at Giovanni's to avoid the WJ crowds....however, I really want just a small lunch and drink....Can anyone who has sailed on Allure in March-May 2013 confirm if CL is open when you embark at FLL??? Thank you CC for all your fabulous information.....

We have two Grand Suites booked for June 2013 Allure Western Caribbean and I have been told by my TA and RCL rep that the Concierge Lounge is NOT open at embarkation and no food/drink available. Based on this information, I made lunch reservations at Giovanni's to avoid the WJ crowds....however, I really want just a small lunch and drink....Can anyone who has sailed on Allure in March-May 2013 confirm if CL is open when you embark at FLL??? Thank you CC for all your fabulous information.....

Refer to post # 27:

On our recent 4/21 sailing the lounge was open for lunch at 1:30, however the Concierge himself was not there until that evening.

I can only post based upon our experience for that sepcific Sunday. I wish I had known also myself prior to boarding.

We are both D+ and Grand Suite cruisers. We have never felt what you are talking about.

We're almost Pinnacle and don't understand (and don't see) the snobbery in the lounges.

We love to meet new people, who ever they are. :)

The only sin is to be boring. :D

we are lowly gold and have only done Suites. that being said, umm.. with the exception of our NDN over Christmas( fellow Roll Callers) I had NO clue where anybody was staying other than again, one other RC poster who had a RFS.

was one of those topics of conversation that never came up...

You are getting the same amenities in a Diamond Lounge as you get in the Concierge Lounge (there is no Diamond Plus Lounge). In fact, on many ships, the Diamond Lounge is in a better location with a better view. Both lounges have a Concierge to assist you with special requests.

In reality you don't get all the same amenities in the diamond lounge as in the concierge lounge on some ships. On the Oasis class ships you get made to order breakfast and lunches, which were very nice. The view from the concierge lounge looks over the boardwalk, then out to the auqa theater pool, then out to the sea.....................a beautiful view! The concierge lounges on both the Allure and the Oasis were spacious and very comfortable.

In reality you don't get all the same amenities in the diamond lounge as in the concierge lounge on some ships. On the Oasis class ships you get made to order breakfast and lunches, which were very nice. The view from the concierge lounge looks over the boardwalk, then out to the auqa theater pool, then out to the sea.....................a beautiful view! The concierge lounges on both the Allure and the Oasis were spacious and very comfortable.

I am pretty sure that Patti is referring to the drinks, the hors d'oeuvres, the coffee machine, the services of a concierge........

that sounds really nice!!

hmmm.....

i really don't know what to do..

DD and her husband were originally coming with us...(since they're also going to the wedding)..

but then DD was supposed to perform that week, so she couldn't come with us (she's a singer/songwriter with a band)...

so i figured since she wasn't coming with us, we'd book a suite for ourselves....(there is still a grand suite, a few owners and lots and lots of loft suites left.....i think even the royal is still available)...

but now she's not performing that week, so she's back to coming with us..

there's no way i'm going to book her a suite (i'm paying for her cruise), so i can't see us getting a suite and her not....

she wouldn't get the reserved theater seating we get, or anything else (that DH and i love!! if we have a concierge lounge available, we tend to spend a lot of time in it)..

so now i just don't know what to do...

i guess i should go back to my idea of two verandah rooms....

kind of disappointing i think...:rolleyes:

You can still do that. Just cruise in a suite. Or, get up and grab your chair at 7AM. I am D+ and don't begrudge the Suite people. They pay for amenities we get for free. If they get some extra attention they deserve it.

If only Royal people would do it like Celebrity people do there wouldn't be a problem. Use the chair, get up and leave and take everything with you. We never had a problem finding two chairs together at any time of day on the Reflection or the Silhouette. I guess Royal people are chair hogs.

We were also on the April 21 Allure. We didn't head to the CL for lunch so I couldn't tell you about that, but, we headed to the Park Cafe for the famous roast beef sandwich. A tip for that: There was a long line, but, they were waiting for salads. Fresh made to order salads (not as many items as Brasserie 30) but, still nice. Tell them you are there for the roast beef sandwich. No one was in line for the roast beef sandwiches. Only problem, no seats inside or out. Picked one of the benches in Central Park to eat. A very nice experience.

Concierge Class is on Celebrity ships. The "lounge" is open to Diamond + and suite cruisers. They have a "Diamond" lounge for us lowly Diamond members. I'll bring this up again. This is one thing that really irks me. If somebody purchases a suite (could be their 1st. cruise on RCCL), they get to go to the Diamond Plus lounge. I really don't think that it's fair. We've got 147 nights on RCCL. I got to go to the Diamond + lounge once. They changed the tiers just after we turned Diamond :( Sorry for the vent.

Joe

Joe - try to remember that it is a Concierge Lounge for suite passengers that RCCL allows D+ and Pin to use, not a D+ lounge being used by suite passengers. Many land properties offer extra amenities for those who book suites, and airlines have extra amenities for those who fly first class.

Regarding the tiers, I don't understand your comment. If you were Diamond before the conversion then you would be D after. Changing D access to the lounge happened around spring of 2009 and the new points/tiers happened in January 2011.

m

Archived