Guaranty booking - assigned stateroom?

For all of us who booked gty staterooms - no matter what kind of gty - what type of stateroom has been assigned?

Doesn't mean the upgrades you're asked for by your TA oder RCI, maybe with a small extra fee per person. My request only refers to gty booking and *surprise surprise* looking in your cruise documents, getting the information of the type of stateroom.

Please share your experiences. :)

We have booked several guaranteed rates (x rates or w), and have been pleased with them. We got a really good aft balcony once on an X rate, and we got a great JS once on a suite W rate (there were only three left available and all were in locations where we couldn't go wrong and could have gotten a higher level suite), and a couple of other times. We have never had a bad room out of a guaranteed rate so far, and they are tons cheaper than other rooms in the category.

To me, a room is a room. I don't stay inside, but anything from promenade and up is game, so guarantee rates work for us. I do remember once that we booked a guarantee rate, and right before sailing there was a price drop enough that we were able to look at available rooms and MOVE to a better location than we were given.

Hope that helps.

For all of us who booked gty staterooms - no matter what kind of gty - what type of stateroom has been assigned?

Doesn't mean the upgrades you're asked for by your TA oder RCI, maybe with a small extra fee per person. My request only refers to gty booking and *surprise surprise* looking in your cruise documents, getting the information of the type of stateroom.

Maybe we are talking about something different. On RC, you can see your reservation, and shortly after booking, almost always with us, the room has been assigned...so there's been no "surprise, surprise."

I think gty rates are great and for most ships it works out well. and we typically get ov when booking inteior gty. I was only disppointed once on the Jewel and will never book another balcony X again on the Radiance class. A good portion of those balconies on Deck 7 suck. The cover over the lifeboat extends from the balconies and you cannot see down to the water when standing at the rail.

Maybe we are talking about something different. On RC, you can see your reservation, and shortly after booking, almost always with us, the room has been assigned...so there's been no "surprise, surprise."
It took 2 days between our reservation and getting information about the type of stateroom. 2 days checking out the online documents hour after hour. 2 days full of *surprise surprise*. ;)

It took 2 days between our reservation and getting information about the type of stateroom. 2 days checking out the online documents hour after hour. 2 days full of *surprise surprise*. ;)

If two days of waiting saves hundreds of$$, hey, I'm game.

I think I've booked 2 GTY cabins and I have never been disappointed. For me, a cabin is a cabin. I'm just happy to be on the ship. I always do inside cabins, and the GTY cabins have always been in decent locations. (nothing super low, or all the way at either end of the ship.)

As long as you feel you saved enough $ it is ok.

Worst one we ever did was years ago. Cheap but called 'run of the ship'. Did not get the cabin assignment until we checked in at the pier. It had a port hole & was at the very front of the ship over the anchor chain & thrusters. The ship was full, we could not change the cabin.

Twice did balconies & wound up with handicapped rooms.

Once a suite guarantee & got a partial blocked balcony in a junior suite because of the way the ship was built.

Only really good one was awhile back on the Oasis. Changed our balcony room when a suite guarantee catagory opened up. We paid the difference which was not much.

We were assigned a junior suite on the 'hump' which has the double balcony.

Remember.....just like hotels.....there are a few bad rooms & someone has to get them.

That would not stop me from booking another gty....just depends on the price.

Are guarentee cabins ALWAYS for just TWO people? I have kids...

Sometimes they have them for 3. I followed my particular cruise and saw one for 3. I kept checking and one became available for 4 passengers so I jumped on it. It all depends on what rooms they have available. This was for the Freedom over Thanksgiving and they had over 25 balcony rooms available for 4

Sailed Splendour in Nov last year. Had initially booked balcony guarantee. Got the smallest balcony. However due to multiple price drops after final payment, we moved to a JS and ended with a GS. Keep watching the prices...

Once, had a guarantee inside cabin. We awoke the next morning at 5am to the sound of silverware being dropped on our ceiling and scraping chairs in the dining room. The worst was when the waiters dropped plates and they went wubba wubba wubba wubba while they settled to the floor! :eek: After breakfast, went to pursers office and asked nicely and they moved us to a larger cabin in a quiet location. Our steward even helped us move our belongings. :) And yes, before you ask, we tipped him well for his trouble and his one day of service! :D

So, I continue to learn something new every day on these boards. I thought our guarantee on the Enchantment wouldn't be assigned until much later. Because of this thread, I checked and we have been assigned 3072. It is in a good location, not under anything loud, but, it is a connecting room. Is this going to be noisier than a regular room? I've never done connecting before. I'm sure I could get it changed if I anticipate a problem. Thanks!! :)

So, I continue to learn something new every day on these boards. I thought our guarantee on the Enchantment wouldn't be assigned until much later. Because of this thread, I checked and we have been assigned 3072. It is in a good location, not under anything loud, but, it is a connecting room. Is this going to be noisier than a regular room? I've never done connecting before. I'm sure I could get it changed if I anticipate a problem. Thanks!! :)

Guarantees can be assigned any time from the day you book until you check i at the pier.

So, they might change it? Or is this my cabin? Have you ever stayed in a connecting cabin, Merion Mom?

Yes.

I have read lots of comments on here about how it doesn't make a difference and you can't tell, blah blah blah.

I have had connecting cabins a few times. The first time, it was a good buddy on the other side of the door, so that was fine.

But I have DEFINITELY been able to hear through that connecting door, more so than if there isn't a door. Some neighbors have been VERY loud.

I wouldn't cancel a trip because of it, but I would do everything that I could to avoid it.

JMO.

As long as you feel you saved enough $ it is ok.

Worst one we ever did was years ago. Cheap but called 'run of the ship'. Did not get the cabin assignment until we checked in at the pier. It had a port hole & was at the very front of the ship over the anchor chain & thrusters. The ship was full, we could not change the cabin.

Twice did balconies & wound up with handicapped rooms.

Once a suite guarantee & got a partial blocked balcony in a junior suite because of the way the ship was built.

Only really good one was awhile back on the Oasis. Changed our balcony room when a suite guarantee catagory opened up. We paid the difference which was not much.

We were assigned a junior suite on the 'hump' which has the double balcony.

Remember.....just like hotels.....there are a few bad rooms & someone has to get them.

That would not stop me from booking another gty....just depends on the price.

Was that guarantee on royal Caribbean? We have never had to wait long for a room to be assigned.

Sailed Splendour in Nov last year. Had initially booked balcony guarantee. Got the smallest balcony. However due to multiple price drops after final payment, we moved to a JS and ended with a GS. Keep watching the prices...

We have done that before when price drops occur

As far as noise from adjoining rooms, it hasn't been an issue for us. You are going to get a chair sometimes instead of a couch. The worst problem we had once with an adjoining room was when we got onboard the door had been left open from those there the week before and no one came to close it. Then they started calling for muster drill and I was not leaving my room with my neighbors having access to it.

I just finally told a steward that I wasn't leaving until that door was secure. It was secured and then I went right on to drill.

Archived