Avoid 8622 on Enhantment of the Seas

I don t plan on a future cruise.Second, customer service should be responsive to complaints.That s their job.Third,hoped to get some OBC that I could transfer to my son. He s going on Liberty in Nov.and recommended RCL in first place.

Sorry,but I spent 3 miserable days on ship and paid almost $2,000 for it.Don t you think the cruiseline should be aware of it?and offer some form of compensation or response.?:confused:

You were complaining about this cruise before you even left. Spending almost $2,000 for three nights in a junior suite is crazy, you needed to do your homework prior to booking, not afterwards. If you get compensation, you won't be able to transfer it to anyone, it would be for you on RCL, period, you will not be able to transfer it to Celebrity as you have asked before.

Why waste your time if you don't like the cruiseline? Cut your losses and plan for your next cruise on a different cruiseline.

I have heard of a similar problem a colleague had on the same ship we were about to cruise on at the time (GOS), they received a % off a future cruise. I believe they sorted this out prior to leaving the ship.

However, since you have already sent an email, I've heard (though can't confirm) it can take a long time to hear back from them.

For an immediate response, call up their customer services number and complain. Ask to speak to a supervisor. Complain some more. If you still aren't getting any satisfaction, you can ask for THEIR supervisors name and contact info.

I had a completely different problem but I was speaking to the staff over the phone, first agent had no power to assist me so I escalated to their supervisor. I tried to reason with that supervisor, who kept me on the phone for 45minutes, constantly 'almost' giving in then staying 'firm' to the company guidelines. After they accused me of being a liar, I demanded THEIR supervisors details. I received an email address, and sent my request directly to that person, within 36hours I had a reply in my favour and it was all sorted out.

we just got off.This Jr.suite was almost unlivable due to CONSTANT odor and sewage problem in bathroom. Even backup every time tub was drained,all of floor.Called housekeeping to sanitize,but how healthy is THAT to deal with for whole cruise.??Had maintainance in 3 times with NO FIX.No other similar rooms(or better) available since packed ship.

My FIRST TIME on royal and LAST.

No apologies from crew(ex.excuses from them).No freebies,NOTHING.

Thank GOD only 3 nites.

So BEWARE of this cabin, a warning.:mad:

I would have been upset over those conditions also. Clogs and backups are usually caused by someone flushing something down the toilet that should never be flushed and maintenance eventually finds it.

There are always inside cabins available. If the conditions were that horrible you could have moved into one (and asked for the difference in price on the ship or through the Resolutions Department shoreside).

From our experience, the corporate resolutions desk if very helpful.

Being a retired English teacher, I cringe when reading some of the posts, and I

loved your comments. I retired 15 years ago, and still gave my students (10th

grade) spelling tests of words on the state test. Both students and teachers

made fun of me, it I did have an 85% passing record for my students. I

can't imagine the way kids write papers while texting in today's world.

& pepl wndr y stunts knt pas end uv yr cams!! LOl!

Cruzin Lady

Cruzin Lady

Cruzin Lady-

You are funny!!!

Cruzin Lady

Some posts are cringe-worthy and difficult to translate. But even YOU have a typo so nobody's perfect, lol. :D

Cruzin Lady

Thanks for the laugh.

OP, sorry this happened but I concur, you will not get any compensation transferred to your son, not going to happen. Just have some patience; RCI has, literally, thousands of customer complaints to deal with at any given time, right?

Reading your previous posts, looks like you prefer river cruises anyway.

I don t plan on a future cruise.Second, customer service should be responsive to complaints.That s their job.Third,hoped to get some OBC that I could transfer to my son. He s going on Liberty in Nov.and recommended RCL in first place.

Sorry,but I spent 3 miserable days on ship and paid almost $2,000 for it.Don t you think the cruiseline should be aware of it?and offer some form of compensation or response.?:confused:

Wow,how many people went? I'd never pay $2000 for 3 days for two of us. No matter what you spent, I am sorry it happened to you.

Anyway, if you are hoping to get OBC to transfer, you likely just wasting your time. Yes, the line should know. Of course, the staff on board were obviously aware of the issue, as they came three times in those three days. If you filled out the survey, the line knows from that. And now they have your email, too.

Naturally, you would not do it, but if everybody reporting plumbing problems got transferable OBC, somebody would be repeatedly flushing inappropriate stuff down the toilets on every single cruise in an effort to get compensation. Though not necessarily for compensation, somebody along your plumbing line might have been flushing diapers, feminine hygiene products or paper towels or such, partially clogging your line. It stinks, literally, and I am sorry you experienced it.

will call again and speak to supervisor.Also, contact Resolutions Dept.Never heard of that before.

To answer some posts, I DID speak to Guest Relations Dept.onboard and was told by them,no rooms available.

Also, I cruise 2 or 3 times a yr.and alternate between river and ocean.Not preferring one or other(as incorrectly suggested).

Now I DO know I wont be able to transfer OBC to son and will just be happy to get some form of response or apology.

And I WAS NOT the one who clogged toilet lines,as suggested.Had problem from beginning and notified steward immediately.

Also, enough of the English/Grammar comments please.Start your own thread about that.

Again thanks for positive comments.;)

will call again and speak to supervisor.Also, contact Resolutions Dept.Never heard of that before.

To answer some posts, I DID speak to Guest Relations Dept.onboard and was told by them,no rooms available.

Also, I cruise 2 or 3 times a yr.and alternate between river and ocean.Not preferring one or other(as incorrectly suggested).

Now I DO know I wont be able to transfer OBC to son and will just be happy to get some form of response or apology.

And I WAS NOT the one who clogged toilet lines,as suggested.Had problem from beginning and notified steward immediately.

Also, enough of the English/Grammar comments please.Start your own thread about that.

I do not think anybody said you clogged the line. Quite the opposite, in fact, I said naturally you would not do such a thing, but if there was a substantial reward for doing so, some nutcase would do it on every cruise. You may just have been unfortunate enough to be sharing a plumbing line with somebody flushing inappropriate items.

Do you know why I said that? Because your first post was so angry and you declared this was your first and last cruise on Royal. Sounds like you have already made up your mind. I was just repeating what you had already stated.

I would have been upset over those conditions also. Clogs and backups are usually caused by someone flushing something down the toilet that should never be flushed and maintenance eventually finds it.

There are always inside cabins available. If the conditions were that horrible you could have moved into one (and asked for the difference in price on the ship or through the Resolutions Department shoreside).

From our experience, the corporate resolutions desk if very helpful.

Just breezing through this thread, as the title caught my eye. The black water system (toilets) are separate from the gray water system (sinks and showers), so someone flushing something would not have caused this problem. Tubs do tend to be problematic on board ships, as the drain pipes tend to be smaller than at home, in order to reduce wasted space hiding them in the bulkheads, and also because there is little room for sloping the pipes downward as done ashore.

I'm just now recognizing the complaints that many make about sewer smells around various ships. Here's a tip for everyone. What is happening is that the A/C tends to evaporate the water in the drain traps (the S-shaped pipe under sinks and showers that traps water to prevent backflow of fumes). If a drain anywhere in your bathroom is not used regularly, it will dry out and the odor will come back up the pipe. Simple solution is to pour a glass of water down each drain (sink, shower, tub, floor) every day. This takes away most of these odor problems. The floor drain (if there is one, not in the shower) is the most likely culprit. On the NCL Pride of Aloha, there was a gutter type drain at the bathroom door, that would never hold trap water. We eventually plugged these off, as they were rarely needed, and were always causing odor problems.

Don't wrry. I'm on your SIDE of this. I srsly. CAN'T identify why PEOPLE dnt. see the issue here is mrly. common SENSE.

Now IF this wre. PERHAPS about smkng. OR poor gnrl. HYGIENE then I could see gtng. WORKED up over it.Thus it seems THAT yu. are PROBABLY getting mre. grief than YOU shld.

with an apology,but incorrect information. Oddly, no record could be found of daily complaints.Mr.Garcia mentioned "odor problem was reported and fixed".No reference found of water/sewage back up on bathroom floor?

Did thank him for response,but did include the correct information(that seems to be missing from all 3 departments we contacted)

No mention of any future OBC,compensation,etc.,,but do appreciate response and apology.

PS. have learned the hard way,if problems like this occur in future.I ll definitely make more of a fuss,make formal written complaint and try to speak to someone in a position of more authority from the very beginning.;)

Don't wrry. I'm on your SIDE of this. I srsly. CAN'T identify why PEOPLE dnt. see the issue here is mrly. common SENSE.

Now IF this wre. PERHAPS about smkng. OR poor gnrl. HYGIENE then I could see gtng. WORKED up over it.Thus it seems THAT yu. are PROBABLY getting mre. grief than YOU shld.

Enough with the grammar, spelling and punctuation jokes. We should all be as perfect as you. :rolleyes:

I've been on Enchantment three times, first time being back in 2000 and I can tell you that I have experienced much of the same problems on every single cruise. In three different cabins, on three different decks. She is my least favorite ship as we had so many sewage-related and guest services problems it was ridiculous. But this is an on-going problem on a lot of Royal Caribbean ships that they are aware of (can't speak for other lines as I don't cruise on them). Not just Enchantment.

Sorry your cruise was ruined.

I've been on Enchantment three times, first time being back in 2000 and I can tell you that I have experienced much of the same problems on every single cruise. In three different cabins, on three different decks. She is my least favorite ship as we had so many sewage-related and guest services problems it was ridiculous. But this is an on-going problem on a lot of Royal Caribbean ships that they are aware of (can't speak for other lines as I don't cruise on them). Not just Enchantment.

Stacy, that's really strange that all of your RCI cruises have been affected by sewage issues. Amazing that you're still loyal to Royal...I guess. I haven't had any issues on a RCI ship yet; I suppose that I should count myself blessed, huh? :eek:

don't wrry. I'm on your side of this. I srsly. Can't identify why people dnt. See the issue here is mrly. Common sense.

Now if this wre. Perhaps about smkng. Or poor gnrl. Hygiene then i could see gtng. Worked up over it.thus it seems that yu. Are probably getting mre. Grief than you shld.

lol!

and obviously an ongoing problem,which I was not aware of.But,room steward did say "its a 17 yr.old ship and problems happen".That s after he told me to just let tub drain on own so it wouldnt back up on floor.

Understand problems occur,but its important how each cruiseline handles them.I felt ignored and unlucky at same time.

Oh, I agree ,Enough of the grammar and posting comments PLEASE.Get your own thread.!!:mad:

Archived