Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

From the Facebook page of Archie Gamble, Horizon band member on Quantum of the Seas:

Well...the ship is a bit of a madhouse, as today the manufacturer handed the ship over to RCCL. This means the company's rules and regulations take effect. Things like dress code, drills etc. However...it also means a fancy dinner tonite (free) in a fine dining restaurant as they stress test it and that the crew bar is open! We also possibly get to sound check on brand new gear tonite, too.

Wow that is so cool! Wonder if it's like a real estate closing where they hand you the keys to your new house?

Start shaking those Martinis Robo-tender! 🚢🎆🍸

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Wow that is so cool! Wonder if it's like a real estate closing where they hand you the keys to your new house?

Start shaking those Martinis Robo-tender!

Denise

New Facebook posting from Archie:

Ok...once again, I made a mistake. The ship gets handed over TOMORROW, not today. Forgive my mistakes as there is a LOT going on on board. Certain crew and staff have started wearing uniforms etc. today, as we are "stress testing". This lead to some confusion on my part. Its insane on here...but shaping up beautifully!

New Facebook posting from Archie:

Ok...once again, I made a mistake. The ship gets handed over TOMORROW, not today. Forgive my mistakes as there is a LOT going on on board. Certain crew and staff have started wearing uniforms etc. today, as we are "stress testing". This lead to some confusion on my part. Its insane on here...but shaping up beautifully!

Looks like they are on their way

hand_zps53c08221.jpg

A good view at night of the screen in its new location on the Quantum of the Seas.

3c806cc4d3c4e56206ebeba507ac161c.jpg

Looks like the best viewing area for the screen and movies will be on lounge chairs one deck above the pool on deck 15 directly across from the screen. I think they will place more lounge chairs in the space between the wave pool and outdoor pool as seen in the following artist rendering.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBJ3u7mUepMN2rAoL15MOg0qWLU3wx8_3kXfz6ASPcR8CCw9u8vw

Yesterday I posted my thoughts about Quantum of the Seas in the Facebook group. I want to share them with you, too:

Today, when the ship will be given to RCI, a two year journey ends for me. The building of Quantum of the Seas was the closest I've followed and that I was involved in so far at Meyer Werft. You (hopefully) enjoyed my photos and I made new friends, I met Richard Fain and future crew members...there was a legendary night in a pub in Papenburg...and when she left the ship yard, I cried a little bit. All these memories and experiences I made because of Quantum of the Seas have changed my life. And now, as Quantum sets her sails, I hope you will be as thrilled by her as I am.

And thank you Lloyd for introducing me to CC!

MasterSchnief

I am so glad that I found you through Instagram, and from there we got to experience the Quantum of the Seas build through your eyes and camera lens. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge of Meyer Werft and the bits of info about the ship. You have helped make my upcoming cruise on her that much more exciting.

Hope to continue to hear from you!

Lloyd

The Instagram image that I first saw that made me think "Hmmmm. This guy may know something about Meyer Werft and the Quantum of the Seas ..."

1172886_169672733231166_107117422_n.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

MasterSchnief

I am so glad that I found you through Instagram, and from there we got to experience the Quantum of the Seas build through your eyes and camera lens. Many thanks for sharing your knowledge of Meyer Werft and the bits of info about the ship. You have helped make my upcoming cruise on her that much more exciting.

Hope to continue to hear from you!

Lloyd

The Instagram image that I first saw that made me think "Hmmmm. This guy may know something about Meyer Werft and the Quantum of the Seas ..."

1172886_169672733231166_107117422_n.jpg

Right after the float out of Norwegian Getaway, am I right? Quite exactly one year ago. Wow!

Of course I will keep you updated with everything happening at Meyer Werft!

Edited by MasterSchnief

hm, just got a very unusual tweet from Royal Caribbean PR.

#QuantumoftheSeas' Silk getting ready to debut in a few days.
@RoyalCaribPR Any idea what time the official hand over will take place today?
@DMPicone it's not today
@RoyalCaribPR Thought it was originally pushed back from the 25th to the 27th, is there a new date/time yet?

We'll see if they respond. The first response was almost instantaneous. A few days ago the PR account tweeted about heading to Germany to cover Quantum so they should be with her and know what's happening. They have been wrong before though.

We grately appreciated your amazing contribution of pictures and information that helped to make this thread more exciting! We wish you well on you next journey! Seing her leave was probably like watching your child moving out on their own. Thank you!

Yesterday I posted my thoughts about Quantum of the Seas in the Facebook group. I want to share them with you, too:

Today, when the ship will be given to RCI, a two year journey ends for me. The building of Quantum of the Seas was the closest I've followed and that I was involved in so far at Meyer Werft. You (hopefully) enjoyed my photos and I made new friends, I met Richard Fain and future crew members...there was a legendary night in a pub in Papenburg...and when she left the ship yard, I cried a little bit. All these memories and experiences I made because of Quantum of the Seas have changed my life. And now, as Quantum sets her sails, I hope you will be as thrilled by her as I am.

MasterSchnief - Many, many thanks for sharing your insight and photos with us here at CC. Some of us have learned a lot about ship building along the way. We also thank Lloyd for finding you.

Absolutely, let me second this. Thanks to both of you, as well as the many others on this thread that provided so much wonderful information.

We'll see if they respond. The first response was almost instantaneous. A few days ago the PR account tweeted about heading to Germany to cover Quantum so they should be with her and know what's happening. They have been wrong before though.

Uh oh...I know they built some leeway into the schedule but time is getting short. Maybe they had to send someone out to get keys made. 🚢

Denise

Anyone know if the ship is underway again and when the handover is going to occur? Looking forward to being onboard on Nov. 2nd!!!:)

May I be the first to welcome you to cruisecritic

Accordion to Marinetraffic.com it is still moored

Thank you for all the pics and information you have kindly given us and thank you for coming to CC to give it to us especially as not everyone does FB.

All your hard work is very much appreciated.

Don't tell anyone but I cried too the day she came out into the sunlight for the first time. It has been a long time since Project Sunshine was announced on 11th February 2011 ....nearly 4 years ago :eek:.

But she was worth the wait.

Again, thank you for all you have done :D

Just got a response. Based on the delay in responding I'm guessing they had to look into it before saying anything official. Not sure what caused the extra day. Could have been something Royal Caribbean didn't like during their final ship inspection.

@Babyrocko1908 @DMPicone delivery is tomorrow 10/28

That looks very cool!! Apparently a wider range and diversity of motion than I had expected! A little surprised by how noisy the robots are, but I imagine that the show soundtrack will cover much of that.

Not in the least bit cool, needs to be a very noisy soundtrack to mask that din of those motors. Also something else to go wrong in a quite spectacular fashion.

Not in the least bit cool, needs to be a very noisy soundtrack to mask that din of those motors. Also something else to go wrong in a quite spectacular fashion.

Yup, Cruise Critic ladies and gentlemen. All doom and gloom.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I too want to add my thanks to everyone who made this thread so enjoyable. I never thought I woud get hooked on a "lets watch a ship be built" site, but the pictures and information were so informative that I couldn't stop checking in.

MasterSchnief - Many, many thanks for sharing your insight and photos with us here at CC. Some of us have learned a lot about ship building along the way. We also thank Lloyd for finding you.

I agree wholeheartedly with these comments. You and Lloyd have made this experience both interesting and enlightening. Looking forward to seeing her ourselves in a week but we feel like we already know her because of yours and Lloyd's wonderful photos and insight!

Many Thanks!

Bob

I agree wholeheartedly with these comments. You and Lloyd have made this experience both interesting and enlightening. Looking forward to seeing her ourselves in a week but we feel like we already know her because of yours and Lloyd's wonderful photos and insight!

Many Thanks!

Bob

Have enjoyed the photos, updates and the effort put forth, thanks guys!...K.O.:)