4-6 pm

ddpe

Hi Everyone,

As we often cram a lot into our days on shore, sometimes we skip eating lunch. When we return at 4-5 pm, sometimes we need a snack to tie us over until a later dinner. What venues are available from 4-6 pm for a light snack? We usually just pop into buffet, but I believe I read somewhere that it is closed at this hour. We are not in a suite, but concierge veranda, so no canapés.

Thanks.

Butler will bring shrimp, crab, etc. if you have one....

sigh....next time, maybe. We didn't care for the appetizers on the menu for the suites, so our butler brought us brie and grapes, which we enjoyed, but we would have loved some prawns or crab for a change.

As for shrimp, well I usually bring one with me, and he's awfully cute. ;)

So room service is limited to mealtimes?

Room Service is 24/7 (excepting the last morning of the cruise, unless you are in a Suite)

but Canapés are not on the standard room service menu. I think that they do a fruit and cheese plate though.

Be sure to go to tea in Horizons (4-5 PM) at least once on your cruise. Those scones with clotted cream and jam are sinfully fabulous.

And I love the little sandwiches. Yummy!

As long as you are not too grubby, there is no problem going straight from an excursion to the tea. We have done so.

sigh....next time, maybe. We didn't care for the appetizers on the menu for the suites, so our butler brought us brie and grapes, which we enjoyed, but we would have loved some prawns or crab for a change.

As for shrimp, well I usually bring one with me, and he's awfully cute. ;)

:D:D:D

Ricki

Hi Ricki. You could say that I'm having surf and turf for dinner tonight, I guess, 'cause the "shrimp" just barbecued us some steaks. :) ;)

Ha! I hope he's a good sport about it!

Are you doing an Oceania cruise soon, O & R? We're doing the 14 day Baltic on Marina in July. Nothing booked on Crystal until the 2015 World Cruise.

Ricki

Ha! I hope he's a good sport about it!

Are you doing an Oceania cruise soon, O & R? We're doing the 14 day Baltic on Marina in July. Nothing booked on Crystal until the 2015 World Cruise.

Ricki

Oooh, I just took a look at the "Nordic Explorer". The itinerary looks great! And 14 nights can't be beat. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your "Nordic Explorer" cruise, not to mention.....what??? Serenity's entire 2015 World Cruise? Wow, ricki. That's wonderful for you two.

We don't have any plans for this year (DH just got a big promotion), but next year we'll be good to go.

Oooh, I just took a look at the "Nordic Explorer". The itinerary looks great! And 14 nights can't be beat. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time on your "Nordic Explorer" cruise, not to mention.....what??? Serenity's entire 2015 World Cruise? Wow, ricki. That's wonderful for you two.

We don't have any plans for this year (DH just got a big promotion), but next year we'll be good to go.

O&R~~anticipation just makes it more exciting, so think about next year!

Ricki

Afternoon tea is EXCELLENT on Oceania. They serve small finger sandwiches, cakes, SCONES (with clotted cream and jams, teas, coffee and juices! I think it is over by 4 but get there by then and you will be served.

It is all so civilized!

Afternoon tea is from 4-5pm and the food is delicious just like all the other food on Oceania.

They have lots of finger sandwiches, desserts and scones. It could be a really nice late lunch.

We always order a couple of cheese plates and we think they are better than the canapes served in in the suites. We found the suite canapes a little "fussy" for our taste.

Depending on where we depart from we also take some cheese, crackers, nuts, etc on board to enjoy with drinks on our veranda. Every cabin now has a fridge so you can keep things. Cans of nuts are easy to pack.

We are not "foodies" but always travel with a sharp knife to cut cheese and a plastic plate although we usually save one of the cheese plates for future use. We also pick up local delicacies in port to enjoy so we have never gone hungry.

Afternoon tea is from 4-5pm and the food is delicious just like all the other food on Oceania.

They have lots of finger sandwiches, desserts and scones. It could be a really nice late lunch.

The 24/7 menu has a cheese plate and antipasto that will hold you till dinner. We didn't figure it put till our fifth cruise.

Archived