Barcelona hotels - best locations????

JulesAyr

We are staying at a B & B later this month--Marina View I will do a review when I return. [There are many reviews for B & B in Barcelona on TripAdvisor] Marina View was recommended by several members of our roll call. Will let you know what I think when we get back.

It is 1.5 blocks from the Columbus statue and the port bus. [and adjacent to the Gothic Quarter and Las Ramblas]

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed at Hotel Jazz last month and loved it. It's just one block off the start of Las Ramblas.

As a family of three we had difficulty booking a room but the Jazz offers the accommodations and the room was huge. Actually, it was a bedroom and sitting room with a sleeper

sofa. Close to everything you would need and has a roof top pool.

Check them out on Tripadvisor.

We would stay again in a heartbeat.

Been searching for a cruiser to mention this hotel!! We booked Hotel Barcelona Universal as well, based on tripadvisor and hotels website reviews. Sadly our travel agent was unhappy and worried for us! Glad to see a positive review.

Did you have an easy time getting to port from the hotel?

We were very pleased with the Hotel Barcelona Universal, not only with the accommodations and the staff, but also with the location. While I realize that many folks find Las Rambas great, I find it very touristy. And the Barcelona Universal has a metro station just outside the lobby, which made it so easy to travel through the city.

Once we disembarked we found our luggage quickly. The longest delay was the wait for the taxi (there was quite a line), but it moved quickly. I am terrible about remembering these details, but the taxi ride was about ten minutes from the port to the hotel.

Been searching for a cruiser to mention this hotel!! We booked Hotel Barcelona Universal as well, based on tripadvisor and hotels website reviews. Sadly our travel agent was unhappy and worried for us! Glad to see a positive review.

Did you have an easy time getting to port from the hotel?

We have stayed at the Barcelona Universal Hotel and found it to be very nice.

There were several local restaurants nearby.

It was a short cab ride from the Airport.

We will stay there again in Nov.

We returned two weeks ago from Barcelona. We stayed at Hotel Barcelona Universal pre cruise and Hotel 1898 post cruise. We liked both hotels and would stay there again. The included breakfast buffet at Hotel Barcelona Universal was great. We were so jet lagged I was glad not to have to look for a cafe. We walked to the beach, to and from Las Ramblas, did HOHO red bus and had no problems with pickpockets, etc. had lock safe bag & kept hand on it, tried to be aware of surroundings at all times.

Nice to read that two other posters were also pleased with the Hotel Barcelona Universal. We were very pleased with the location, staff and room itself (we had one of large corner rooms). Our rate also included the breakfast buffet, which we found to be very nice (includes both hot and cold offerings).

• 2 weeks later...

I am recently back from a 6 night stay at the reasonable cost, Continental Hotel on La Rambles. The location was superb, excellent hotel staff, very clean, smaller rooms. Older hotel. This location was easy walks to Metros, city buses and HOHO buses. A significant saving as well for the 5.90pp euro airport bus.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the general price range for Barcelona hotels? I will need a pre-cruise hotel for Oct. 2014. Hotel 1898 sounds great. It prices out to about $300 a night. Is that a good price? I was hoping to pay $200-$250 a night. Am I unrealistic? I am picky & want a nice hotel in a good area. I am inexperienced at booking hotels abroad.

We stayed at a B & B near the Columbus statue near the port. [Marina View] I give more details in my review of Barcelona. Here is the link for page 2. Go to post #28.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1943583&page=2

We stayed in the Captain's room--largest and most expensive. This was the cost: Room: CAPITAN’S CABIN (with harbour view)

Double room, B&B

Price: 139,00 euros/room/night

X 2 nights = 278,00 euros

If we assume that a euro is worth ~ $1.4 then 2 nights would be around $389.

We felt less that $200 per night for a good location in Barcelona was a good deal.

Hotel Colon or Hotel Regencia Colon (depending on your budget).

Located across from the Cathedral (note: this is the Cathedral is not Sagrada Familia)

HoHo stop across the street

Easy walk to Plaza Catalunya

Easy walk to Las Ramblas (without having to stay on Las Ramblas)

Taxi stand right across the street.

Great location and even if you don't plan on sightseeing, you will have plenty to see in that area. --Also, nice for dining/shopping.

We stayed at the Hotel Colon in early October and loved it. We may try he Regencia next time as it's less expensive...and in the same great location. Having said that, I'll probably cave and do the Colon again...the views from the rooms overlooking the Cathedral are spectacular.

Many times, we pulled chairs up to the doorway and watched the entertainment at the Cathedral!

We stayed at the Hotel Colon in early October and loved it. We may try he Regencia next time as it's less expensive...and in the same great location. Having said that, I'll probably cave and do the Colon again...the views from the rooms overlooking the Cathedral are spectacular.

Many times, we pulled chairs up to the doorway and watched the entertainment at the Cathedral!

We had a night at each, and were pleased both times. Clean & safe with courteous, helpful English-speaking staff.

Here's a picture of the two: http://www.flickr.com/photos/quercus_alba/5805999889/

The Colon is the big one with the awnings, the Regencia is just behind it in the center. (There's also a convenient ATM center in the bank lobby at the left.)

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone who doesn't like spending a lot of money, we had a very nice stay at Hotel Europark in Barcelona recently. We paid 89 and 99 euros a night (our stay was split with a trip elsewhere in between). Very modern hotel, well-run, good rooms, beds.

This was up in L'Eixample district. The beautiful architectural district with many gorgeous buildings. Walking distance to Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, Casa Batlo and Passeig de Gracia. A block away from one subway station, three blocks to another.

We like staying away from super-touristy areas so we can experience a bit of the real culture--this area qualified nicely. Good local restaurants, easily accessibility, but "normal" people around. Two blocks from a really nice mercado (market.)

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

• 2 weeks later...
We stayed at Hotel Jazz last month and loved it. It's just one block off the start of Las Ramblas.

As a family of three we had difficulty booking a room but the Jazz offers the accommodations and the room was huge. Actually, it was a bedroom and sitting room with a sleeper

sofa. Close to everything you would need and has a roof top pool.

Check them out on Tripadvisor.

We would stay again in a heartbeat.

Glad that you enjoyed this hotel. We have it booked for two nights pre-cruise. The location looks great and the reviews on Trip Advisor were very good.:)

Edited by cruisingator2

We will be visiting Barcelona in June and have reservations at the Mercer Hotel in the Gothic Quarter. This is a newer "boutique" style hotel with 28 rooms and appears to be in a very desirable area. Really excited about our visit and would like any feedback on our choice! Happy New Year! :)

Dolfans from Miami

We will be visiting Barcelona in June and have reservations at the Mercer Hotel in the Gothic Quarter. This is a newer "boutique" style hotel with 28 rooms and appears to be in a very desirable area. Really excited about our visit and would like any feedback on our choice! Happy New Year! :)

Dolfans from Miami

The Mercer is in a nice area. You will love Barcelona, Cristina. How long are you staying? Does your cruise begin or end there?

BTW, how bout dem BRONCOS???? :D:D:D

Edited by dogs4fun

We stayed at hotel montecarlo, booked on booking.com for October was around $200 a night I believe. Great location on La Rambla. Quiet, clean, comfortable, VERY friendly and helpful staff!! We could walk almost everywhere except Parc Guell, La Sagrada. Would highly recommend.

We stayed at the Hotel Monte Carlo and walked to La Sagrada :) It is doable. I would recommend getting timed tickets for La Sagrada. It is easy to walk around Barcelona, the streets are well marked, and are not complicated.

The Mercer is in a nice area. You will love Barcelona, Cristina. How long are you staying? Does your cruise begin or end there?

BTW, how bout dem BRONCOS???? :D:D:D

Hey Jill! Thanks for the info! I was a bit nervous about staying in the quarter since I heard it can be a bit confusing getting around but we really wanted to experience the "old town". We are staying 3 nights post cruise and really looking forward to it!

Congrats on your Broncos! Manning is having an awesome year! Email me so we can catch up. :)

Dolfans from Miami