Chantal

She will probably brush south Fl on Friday or Saturday. But no worries, since she will probably be nothing more than a strong TS.
Hope she is weak. Awfully early for a Cape Verde storm. Forecasters are saying that this is a harbinger of a strong hurricane season.

She will probably brush south Fl on Friday or Saturday. But no worries, since she will probably be nothing more than a strong TS.

If the current projection holds true, she won't even be a TS.

:o We just never know!!!! Some in the past we thought would be nothing at first ended up being some of our worst. Then others that were projected to be very bad weren't.

With TS/Hurricanes .... we never know for sure! :eek:

LuLu

~~~~

Might make tendering to hard at Coco Cay. Also, the rain could mess up the midnight sail away out of Nassau. I was looking at the cruise this weekend. It didn't work out with medical appts. I might try to get on her the next weekend. Have to do my persuading and find an unbeatable deal. :)

Forecasters are saying that this is a harbinger of a strong hurricane season.

Meh, forecasters ALWAYS say that because they want to scare us all into watching.

You can always tell they are almost disappointed when these storms pass by with little to no impact on us.

Hope she is weak. Awfully early for a Cape Verde storm. Forecasters are saying that this is a harbinger of a strong hurricane season.
Thats what they always say, and they're right half the time.

Meanwhile every day adds to the ongoing all-time record number of days (currently 2,815) since a major hurricane landfall in the US.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Meanwhile every day adds to the ongoing all-time record number of days (currently 2,815) since a major hurricane landfall in the US.

For those who don't know:

Major hurricane = Cat 3 or higher

Landfall means the centre of the storm reached land.

However keep in mind that Ike was cat 2 and caused the second most $ in damage ever (Katrina is first)http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/nws-nhc-6.pdf

Guessing we are going to have a wet Majesty cruise this weekend and probably no CocoCay. Oh well, we will have fun anyway and make the best of it. We are still on a cruise.

And in a JS too!:)

However keep in mind that Ike was cat 2 and caused the second most $ in damage ever (Katrina is first)http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/pdf/nws-nhc-6.pdf

Inflation, and more and more people building more and more expensive properties near shorelines, make even weaker storms more expensive over time.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You must watch terrifying Tom, I remember when he had people hiding in the bathtub for hours in Orlando.

Ahh scary terry. :)

I don't pay attention until they are a day or so out. It's not worth worrying about yet. And I agree. Every year they predict a more active than normal season. I can't remember when the last time was that they didn't say this.

Hurricane Hugo was a Cat 2 hurricane right before she strengthened and hit Charleston.

Looks like some rain/wind this weekend. Shouldn't be too bad, and for anyone leaving Sunday it SHOULD be far enough north to not affect CocoCay on Monday.

I can't remember a year where they haven't said something about it being a more active than usual hurricane season. They need jobs too right? ;)

You must watch terrifying Tom, I remember when he had people hiding in the bathtub for hours in Orlando.

Hey, I love Tom! My son was 9 when Charlie, Francis, and Jeanne came through and he still laughs about Tom rolling up his sleeves and shouting that Charlie was turning. Of course Tom was right so I do pay attention, even though all of the weather forcasters down here get a little over dramatic!

Archived