You Decide! Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?  

955 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want the new Carnival Vista to be homeported?

• Barbados
    • Charleston
    • Fort Lauderdale
    • Galveston
    • Jacksonvile
    • Los Angeles
    • Miami
    • New Orleans
    • New York
    • Port Canaveral
    • San Juan
    • Tampa
    • Other (My Choice is Not Listed Here)

I HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have always been a resort goer, but my husband and I have decided to cruise more since we found that cruising is cheaper and will offer more things for our children to do once we let them tag along (they are too little now). Plus we get to visit so many places, even if it is just for a little while.

I would LOVE for the Vista to be in NYC as that is my home port. I would book a trip for my entire fam if it docks there- no flights to worry about!:D

When the Dream came to town, the ship couldn't fit normally at the NY piers, and couldn't dock at all in San Juan. Someone didn't do their homework.

There is a new gangway on pier 88 in NYC that they use for the breakaway. I think the newer gangways can support the Carnival Dream. Wonder how long it will take the city to improve the gangway on pier 90 that carnival uses

Carnival will never play the six flags of the sea game...

Uuuuh, have you seen the outdoor deck on the Sunshine?? If that doesn't look like an amusement park, I don't know what does then! :confused:

Uuuuh, have you seen the outdoor deck on the Sunshine?? If that doesn't look like an amusement park, I don't know what does then! :confused:

nothing compared to sling shot...excuse me pods rock walls ice rinks sky diving zip lining....need I go on?;)

I hope it does come to NYC. I am all for having cruise options that I don't have to travel far to board. And apparently many feel the same way as more ships are coming here more often.

Breakaway is a very nice ship with lots of fun activities.

Hoping to try out Quantum next year too.

Keep the new ships coming to the NY area!

Edited by mizlorinj

I would go without hesitation and it would be so convenient. I wouldn't sail the older Carnival ship though...until I have sailed all the newer ones.

The only reason I am sailing the Breeze is because of the low price...but paying a bit more for Vista from NYC is okay...

I would go without hesitation and it would be so convenient. I wouldn't sail the older Carnival ship though...until I have sailed all the newer ones.

The only reason I am sailing the Breeze is because of the low price...but paying a bit more for Vista from NYC is okay...

Breeze is a new ship:cool:

Miami since it is not suited to cold weather ports or all-year round sailings.

It would not be fair to passengers to sail from a cold weather port without a retractable dome over the pool and being unable to utilize the outside decks.

MARAPRINCE

Miami since it is not suited to cold weather ports or all-year round sailings.

It would not be fair to passengers to sail from a cold weather port without a retractable dome over the pool and being unable to utilize the outside decks.

MARAPRINCE

Interesting. I haven't read anywhere that the Vista will not be able to sail from northern ports. If the aft-pool is fitted with a retractable roof, it won't be a problem.

I vote for the Vista to go to Long Beach. Having only the Miracle there is unappealing. Baltimore needs a smaller ship, so move Miracle there, and homeport and shiny brand new ship in Long Beach to do new, longer, better Mexico runs, as well as Alaska during the Summer.

FYI

2007 - Carnival Freedom, the fifth 110,000 GT vessel, debuts March 4

2008 - The 112,000 GT Carnival Splendor debuts July 2

2009 - Carnival Dream, a 128,000 GT vessel, the largest "Fun Ship" ever constructed - entered service on September 21

2011 - Carnival Magic, a 128,000 GT vessel, entered service in May

2012 - Carnival Breeze, a 128,000 GT vessel, entered service in the summer

2013 - Carnival Destiny becomes Carnival Sunshine

I wouldn't exactly say the Splendor is an old ship. Certainly didn't look old to me. Basically the 2.0 upgrades are different bars and different places to eat (some of which cost more $)

They could put a Guys in the underused Rotisserie area (although I loved that it was never crowded and the food was good). And spiff up a few of the bars and then who needs 2.0. The Mongolian Wok was GREAT - they should expand the number of cooking stations!