Tropical Storm Dorian

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4.shtml?5-daynl

I am supposed to be in Nassau Next Saturday at 11am. We leave Friday Aug 3rd from Port Canaveral on the Enchantment of the Seas . Does RC give you a chance to cancel or will they simply give us a 3 night cruise to no where. I don't see based on this how we will be able to dock in either Coco cay or Nassau (assuming the storm keeps on track).

Thoughts?

I am supposed to be in Nassau Next Saturday at 11am. We leave Friday Aug 3rd from Port Canaveral on the Enchantment of the Seas . Does RC give you a chance to cancel or will they simply give us a 3 night cruise to no where. I don't see based on this how we will be able to dock in either Coco cay or Nassau (assuming the storm keeps on track).

Thoughts?

Probably no cancel option if the ship can safely get out of Port Canaveral.

There is a lot of time between now and your August 3 departure. The storm could turn (for better or worse). It could weaken or strengthen. NOAA does an admirable job of tracking storms, but right now I see a cone of possible behaviors only through July 30. It is too soon for NOAA to try to project further right now. Just keep watching. Do not expect a cancellation option; most ships sail.

Thoughts?

RCI insurance does have a cancel for any reason clause. But based on what I see the storm may be long gone by Saturday Aug 3th

Thoughts?

Way too early to tell yet. Coco Cay is missed frequently because you don't dock there, it is a tender port, so if the seas are too rough for the tenders, you end up with another sea day.

You really need to wait it out and see what develops. They are not going to put the ship or its passengers in jeopardy. Your route might be changed based on the projected path of the storm. It is a risk we all take when cruising at this time of year. We are on the Freedom in August and really don't care where we end up if there is a storm. As long as we are safe, I wouldn't mind a cruise to nowhere.

We were on a cruise during TS Gaston in 2010. It was actually kind of exciting. The Captain made addresses every few hours on the current position and strength of the storm. We had a near miss while docked in Puerto Rico, some mild rain and wind. We were lucky it didn't affect our itinerary, but those are the chances you take when booking during hurricane season.

Hope you have a great trip. :)

If it can depart, it will. They have the right to change intenerary and make it all sea days if they wish. Or port somewhere else, if possible, at their discretion. You will get refunds on any excursions though.

Thoughts?

If that map you posted is at all accurate,it should be long gone by August 3rd.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

RCI insurance does have a cancel for any reason clause. But based on what I see the storm may be long gone by Saturday Aug 3th
We always get the RCI insurance because of the cancel for any reason (75% of your cancellation penalty can be applied to a future cruise). we have often cruised during Hurricane season and this insurance gives us peace of mind. We are more worried if a storm is heading to SC, where we live than of a storm affecting our cruise. We just figure out itinerary can be changed and go with the flow.

Thoughts?

i once read this Quote---

"worrying about something that has not happened yet; is like paying interest on a loan you haven't taken out yet"

CHILL !!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
I was wondering about that last night. Grandeur left Baltimore yesterday ... and isn't this the week when she does the Bahamas?

Yes. Know several people on board - hope the weather improves for this cruise. It appears as though it will be tracking northeast away from the coast in the opposite direction of the cruise so hopefully they can slip by her with minimal impact.

Archived