Bringing Unlimited Wine Policy Officially Change Yesterday

LAFFNVEGAS

The company has spent $ 400,000,000

Building a ship. Why wouldn't they sell you their soda and water and make a profit? It's not a non profit organization.

Just like you can't bring drinks to Yankee stadium etc. The owner of the team is counting on you to spend $12 for a Heineken that's how he pays for his players.

$2 for a water or soda in the middle of the ocean is still the best deal in town.

Where did I say they don't deserve to make a profit?

HAL's list is NOT limited. Can they carry every wine ever made? No. Can people find something close or better than what they drink? Yes. Ask the wine steward. Don't be shy. Tell him what you'd like to spend.

HAL dumped smoking policies and a lot of things on pax over the years. It happens.

With all due respect but you sound like u have received several free cruises from HAL being a news anchor or a news professional. You're totally wrong on several fronts. Please don't take it the wrong way and forgive my direct style.

With all due respect but you sound like u have received several free cruises from HAL being a news anchor or a news professional. You're totally wrong on several fronts. Please don't take it the wrong way and forgive my direct style.

What!!! ? ......... :D

[/b]

Edited by sail7seas

I have never received a freebie from HAL or anyone. Wouldn't be allowed to accept it and I never ever write about my cruise for that reason.

Unless something has drastically changed in a year, HAL has a very extensive list. Ask for it. Not what they hand out at first. And you can order Pinnacle wine in the dining room.

Speak with the Cellarmaster......

He is there for a reason.

There are often wines they've loaded on that aren't even on the wine list.

We've been introduced to some wonderful wines we never would have known about had we not been open to suggestion and education. :)

hawkeye,

Ive never been in a restaurant with a liquor license that allows you to bring your own. Mind you, the Four Seasons in NYC allows you to store your own. It's about $15K a year to keep a cellar there. No corkage fee.

Many restaurants in Calgary also allow you to bring your own wine for a corkage fee. We brought one of the bottles we did buy in Tuscany to a nice restaurant for a special anniversary.

Welcome to the United States of credit card debit and people spending way above and beyond their means. It will happen my friend mariner. I believe in paying cash for things but that is not what I hear on the news.

Cash is king. We pre-pay everything, and get miles while doing it.

In the end, if we have money left on our onboard account, we get it back and we still got our miles!!!

We do not carry wine on board, let alone a case of it. The sad thing to me is that when we do our South American cruise in January, we won't be able to do as we did for the wonderful Bordeaux and Beyond cruise a few years ago. We like to buy a bottle or two in port, and drink some on the ship and take a few home.

I was looking forward to enjoying some Argentine and Chilean wines, but if they confiscate them as we board...and we can't even bring them to the dining room and pay corkage? What the heck?

We do not carry wine on board, let alone a case of it. The sad thing to me is that when we do our South American cruise in January, we won't be able to do as we did for the wonderful Bordeaux and Beyond cruise a few years ago. We like to buy a bottle or two in port, and drink some on the ship and take a few home.

I was looking forward to enjoying some Argentine and Chilean wines, but if they confiscate them as we board...and we can't even bring them to the dining room and pay corkage? What the heck?

I strongly suspect security on the gangway won't bother someone who brings a single bottle back from a port one would expect guests to want to have a local wine. Be tasteful and tactful and not showy about a single bottle and you may find they will permit you to bring it aboard. Of course, if they deny you, they will be well within the right to do so.

Many restaurants in Calgary also allow you to bring your own wine for a corkage fee. We brought one of the bottles we did buy in Tuscany to a nice restaurant for a special anniversary.

Yes some restaurants let you bring your dog with you

MOST DON'T

HAL's list is NOT limited. Can they carry every wine ever made? No. Can people find something close or better than what they drink? Yes. Ask the wine steward. Don't be shy. Tell him what you'd like to spend.

HAL dumped smoking policies and a lot of things on pax over the years. It happens.

HAL did not "dump" the smoking policy on pax... as I recall, there was about 6 months notice of the change in smoking policy, well before final payment date for everyone, if they chose to cancel. This wine policy has definitely been dumped on us, especially those of us sailing in the near future, having passed final payment date.

hal did not "dump" the smoking policy on pax... As i recall, there was about 6 months notice of the change in smoking policy, well before final payment date for everyone, if they chose to cancel. This wine policy has definitely been dumped on us, especially those of us sailing in the near future, having passed final payment date.

ImageUploadedByForums1374978767.596856.jpg.6f3e69eef7ca467e35bfe49e41f3b9bf.jpg

Whats skinny girl?

Nope.

My girlfriend lost a lot of weight and when we went to her house, we brought a bottle of 'skinny girl' to celebrate her accomplishment. We didn't like the wine very much but taste is so personal.

HAL did not "dump" the smoking policy on pax... as I recall, there was about 6 months notice of the change in smoking policy, well before final payment date for everyone, if they chose to cancel. This wine policy has definitely been dumped on us, especially those of us sailing in the near future, having passed final payment date.

I don't think you can compare a smoking and wine policy. Really, there is another choice for wine drinkers. Hal is not saying you can't drink wine.

Very disappointed in this change, was looking forward to being able to sample some wines from our ports, I think there should have been better timing with this, their new promo coming in at Christmas and ceasing this perk would have made sense, now those sailing up till Dec have less choice.