Come on Celebrity...(RCL corp) You need to invest in your infrastructure already.

Bababooey Land

I'm leaving on a cruise in less than 3 weeks.

So I get this e-mail today. (3 e-mails since I have 3 bookings)

"Important last-minute reminders from Celebrity Cruises"

There are 3 links in the e-mail

1) you can find your reservation at...

2) On-line check in info...

3) buy our shore excursions...

"You'll also find important information to assist you with your preparations, such as CruiseCare Travel Insurance, gratuities, frequently asked questions and more."

Sounds important!!!???

What is the problem? ALL THREE LINKS DO NOT WORK

In fact, not one link in the entire e-mail works, nor is there a phone # to call.

I know it has been discussed before here how Celebrity has not kept up with technology in terms of communication, their website, etc.

Enuf of the little "missteps" and excuses. Someone at Corporate has to notice and step up to the plate and start making changes.

There needs to be accountability. Upgraded website (which i know is in the works) and better communications before and after the cruise is extremely important.

As someone who cruises on Celebrity and a shareholder, I'd like to see more quality control.

sorry for the rant..but as a shareholder, Id like to see RCL corp do well and the small things DO matter. Thankfully I am a seasoned cruiser but for some people this e-mail is extremely important and links need to work, phone numbers need to be given out, etc. Aside from the fact that this e-mail is a potential revenue driver.

hopefully someone at Corporate will read this.

thanks.

Welcome to the Celebrity IT Fan Club! ;)

We book all of our own cruises, but the only thing that I do online is research (and even that can get pretty frustrating). Try calling the Captains' Club to see if they can help (800-760-0654). Good luck!

It's sad. But personally, I hope that they don't spend big bucks on those emails. They can throw money at websites and IT and it won't make my experience any better.

I do my research here. I book by phone. I go online and checkin. Then I go on a cruise. Anything more is stuff I don't want to pay for.

Welcome to the Celebrity IT Fan Club! ;)

We book all of our own cruises, but the only thing that I do online is research (and even that can get pretty frustrating). Try calling the Captains' Club to see if they can help (800-760-0654). Good luck!

Where can I go to sign up? Trying to accomplish anything on an iPad has been impossible and totally frustrating.

We leave for the tour part of our cruise in a little more than 3 weeks. No E-mail from X.:confused:

I will say I get so frustrated calling them. Yes, I did book through a TA and have to go through him for things but I was told by the Cruise Tour dept. that I could call them for any matters relating to the tour part. I had the worst SNIT on the phone today that I've ever talked to. She wouldn't answer my questions and I was extremely frustrated with her. She was actually rude!:eek: I would think the cruise tour department would be consistent but no..they are not.

It's sad. But personally, I hope that they don't spend big bucks on those emails. They can throw money at websites and IT and it won't make my experience any better.

I do my research here. I book by phone. I go online and checkin. Then I go on a cruise. Anything more is stuff I don't want to pay for.

I agree with you, id rather they spend the $$$ on the cruise experience too. But, I think we are in the minority in terms of using cruise critic, booking online, by phone, etc.

I think most cruiser's need the emails, need the reminders, the website, etc to work and work well with ease.

in reply to:

Where can I go to sign up? Trying to accomplish anything on an iPad has been impossible and totally frustrating

Ipad only came out about 2 years ago..give RCL another few years to figure out people are using Ipads to surf the internet ;)

I got that same email and all three of the links worked for me.

thats good to hear!! at least not all the email's being sent out have busted links.

by the way, the only problem with the 3 links...there is a Period (.) at the end of the website address. simple, easy fix (delete period)...but someone at Celebrity should have noticed it and had it fixed before sending it out to customers.

The links worked for me in my recent '"upcoming cruise" email. ;)

As for the Ipad...there are a few Apps out there to help you surf the net easier - and help you connect to links. One that comes to mind is Puffin.

I'll take a look for that app. But, almost all my surfing with iPad works fine . . . Even déclassé NCL allows me to do stuff on their site. And doesn't X feature Apple products on their ships?

All web sites go down from time to time, either for routine maintenance, an equipment failure, a glitch, or even by having been hacked. Even CC goes down occasionally, sometimes for hours, sometimes it slows down so that even a simple message posting such as this one takes minutes to load.

If you only tried those links once, try again in an hour or two.

Boogs, you are correct, but both the Celebrity and the Cruise Critic sites tend to be much worse than most others I consistently use. Everyone makes mistakes, but a large company like Celebrity really can do much better for not a whole lot more $$. In the email I just got a few minutes ago, it mentions a new sale on certain cruises on the Connie. Open the link and the page talks about sales in Asia, but then lists the Connie cruises, but not all of them. Sigh!! Poor us. These are definitely first world problems but annoying:)

All web sites go down from time to time, either for routine maintenance, an equipment failure, a glitch, or even by having been hacked. Even CC goes down occasionally, sometimes for hours, sometimes it slows down so that even a simple message posting such as this one takes minutes to load.

If you only tried those links once, try again in an hour or two.

the links they sent me in the e-mail are not working links. there is a (.) period at the end of the link. so when u click, there just is no web page. just poor quality control on their part.

if this was the first time, isolated issue..i could understand..but this is not the first time there have been problems with Celebrity's emails or website.

the links they sent me in the e-mail are not working links. there is a (.) period at the end of the link. so when u click, there just is no web page. just poor quality control on their part.

if this was the first time, isolated issue..i could understand..but this is not the first time there have been problems with Celebrity's emails or website.

That's odd. I received Celebrity's new offer email earlier, and the links work fine.

That's odd. I received Celebrity's new offer email earlier, and the links work fine.

Hi Andy,

This was not their new offer e-mail. yes those have been working fine. It was the following e-mail.

Important last-minute reminders from Celebrity Cruises.

As the anticipation builds for your upcoming Celebrity cruise vacation, we want thank you for choosing to sail with Celebrity Cruises.

You can find your reservation information in your My Celebrity account at http://www.celebrity.com/mycelebrity. With your My Celebrity account, you may also create and store travel profile information, book onboard Xtras such as AquaSpa® treatments and more.

If you haven't already checked-in online, visit http://www.celebrity.com/onlinecheckin. Online Check-in allows you to:

· Provide required guest and immigration information

· Confirm acceptance of the cruise ticket contract

· Set up onboard expense accounts

· Print Xpress Passes for all guests within your reservation

· Request your ship luggage tags no later than 14 days prior to sailing (some restrictions apply)

You'll also find important information to assist you with your preparations, such as CruiseCare Travel Insurance, gratuities, frequently asked questions and more.

To find descriptions of the shore excursions available for your cruise, go to http://www.celebrity.com/shoreex. You can purchase shore excursions online up to 10 days prior to your sailing date.

Again, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to providing you with a cruise vacation beyond compare.

Hi Andy,

This was not their new offer e-mail. yes those have been working fine. It was the following e-mail.

As the anticipation builds for your upcoming Celebrity cruise vacation, we want thank you for choosing to sail with Celebrity Cruises.

You can find your reservation information in your My Celebrity account at http://www.celebrity.com/mycelebrity. With your My Celebrity account, you may also create and store travel profile information, book onboard Xtras such as AquaSpa® treatments and more.

If you haven't already checked-in online, visit http://www.celebrity.com/onlinecheckin. Online Check-in allows you to:

· Request your ship luggage tags no later than 14 days prior to sailing (some restrictions apply)

You'll also find important information to assist you with your preparations, such as CruiseCare Travel Insurance, gratuities, frequently asked questions and more.

To find descriptions of the shore excursions available for your cruise, go to http://www.celebrity.com/shoreex. You can purchase shore excursions online up to 10 days prior to your sailing date.

Again, thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises. We look forward to providing you with a cruise vacation beyond compare.

now, before i get bashed..YES..i know the links work in this copy/paste. But in their e-mail, the periods at the end of each link...is highlighted, part of the link. so it creates a bum link, unless u manually delete the period.

Ipad only came out about 2 years ago..give RCL another few years to figure out people are using Ipads to surf the internet ;)

What is this thing you call the "Internet". Is that something like the "world wide web"???

I have a 1200 bps modem on my Christmas wish list.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi Andy,

I am sailing in 3 weeks on the Summit to Bermuda. This is my second Celebrity cruise and first cruise booked through a TA. I have been trying to order the Stateroom Bar Setup for a week or so now, and every time I get to the point of payment, the screen comes up blank. Do you think this is because I have to pay for this thru the TA, or is this just another website glitch? It does get frustrating!

I also booked through a TA and have been having the same issue booking a beverage package... However, I was allowed to book a dinner reservation and pay for it, so I don't think the TA is the issue.

I've been encountering quite a few issues lately and find it very frustrating.

For those saying Celebrity should not invest in their infrastructure, having a person answering the phone is far more expensive than making your website work correctly in the long run. I've been in the service industry for 25 years and we are constantly looking at how to reduce our call times and occurrences by increasing information and function on our website.

I am sailing in 3 weeks on the Summit to Bermuda. This is my second Celebrity cruise and first cruise booked through a TA. I have been trying to order the Stateroom Bar Setup for a week or so now, and every time I get to the point of payment, the screen comes up blank. Do you think this is because I have to pay for this thru the TA, or is this just another website glitch? It does get frustrating!

I think we are on the same cruise! I cant wait!

I had the EXACT same problem as you. I booked thru Celebrity. I tried to purchase the Water package about a month ago. When I got to the payment screen, nothing. screen goes blank like you said. I tried 3 different browsers, different days/times..nothing. I finally called up and payed over the phone. Very inconvenient for me..and like another poster mentioned, definitely more expensive for a live agent to take a payment than making one via the web.

so yes..another website glitch..my advice is to call them up for payment. hopefully the wait on the phone wont be too long! good luck!!

I think we are on the same cruise! I cant wait!

I had the EXACT same problem as you. I booked thru Celebrity. I tried to purchase the Water package about a month ago. When I got to the payment screen, nothing. screen goes blank like you said. I tried 3 different browsers, different days/times..nothing. I finally called up and payed over the phone. Very inconvenient for me..and like another poster mentioned, definitely more expensive for a live agent to take a payment than making one via the web.

so yes..another website glitch..my advice is to call them up for payment. hopefully the wait on the phone wont be too long! good luck!!

We are on the same cruise, and I can't wait either! Much needed vacation ahead.... Thanks all for responding, I guess I have a phone call to make.....:confused:

Archived