"A selection of wines by the glass...."?

Tarpeian Rock

We will update our website next week to provide a comprehensive list of what is included in the beverage package. Some information in the interim...the package has always included all of the wines offered by the glass on any menu in any of the onboard venues. It also includes top shelf spirits such as Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One and Grey Goose. Congacs, such as Remy Martin XO, are also included. There is also a selection of champagnes which has never included Perrier Jouet. We will provide the full list on our website next week at which point everyone will be equipped with the necessary information to make an informed decision on whether to purchase a beverage package, request a refund, OR to sail on another line that includes Perrier Jouet in their package. Cheers.

Well, that's put us in our place.... Many thanks.... Read the posts before commenting.

Ps, "Cheers" in this context is somewhat inappropriate......

Wow! I'll see your "somewhat inappropriate" and raise you to "outrageous." If nothing else, this thread documents inconsistency, poor communications, lack of responsiveness, and outright misinformation (I haven't seen any other "champagnes" listed either). To say nothing of Mr. K's apparent lack of interest in acknowledging some of the specific concerns posted here. So on top of that we get snark? If I wanted corporate snark, I would have stayed with Holland. This whole thing has been a highly disillusioning experience -- not the P-J issue so much, Mr. K., but what this "dialogue" appears to reveal about Oceania. Truly sad at all this. Not the mood in which we were hoping to anticipate our first O experience.

"We will provide the full list on our website next week at which point everyone will be equipped with the necessary information to make an informed decision on whether to purchase a beverage package, request a refund, OR to sail on another line that includes Perrier Jouet in their package."

Hmm, after a number of quite amiable and customer-oriented posts, it appears that Mr. K. has chosen to emulate FDR's famous (infamous?) tendency to "take on" posters who irritate him, irrespective of the reasonableness of their position or their status as loyal PCH passengers.

Although we would not make a cruising decision solely based upon the availability of a drinks package, we are not pleased with the waffling and appalling lack of clarity with regard to this issue. We will be reconsidering our next Oceania cruise and considering whether it might be more prudent to stick with our favorite all-inclusive lines where we don't have to wonder what is included and what is not.

Freddite - The all inclusive cruise line that did not include Grey Goose on my last crossing...

JMBobB - We love a good Zinfandel; Hoping they have some in Polo; We belong to a Zin club with limited production from Napa. On our last Oceania Cruise we were able to get several bottles of it

We will update our website next week to provide a comprehensive list of what is included in the beverage package. Some information in the interim...the package has always included all of the wines offered by the glass on any menu in any of the onboard venues. It also includes top shelf spirits such as Bombay Sapphire, Ketel One and Grey Goose. Congacs, such as Remy Martin XO, are also included. There is also a selection of champagnes which has never included Perrier Jouet. We will provide the full list on our website next week at which point everyone will be equipped with the necessary information to make an informed decision on whether to purchase a beverage package, request a refund, OR to sail on another line that includes Perrier Jouet in their package. Cheers.

KSK

I have to disagree as well. We were on Riviera in February in one of the aft penthouses on deck 7. Every day on our way back up to our room we would stop at deck 6 and grab a glass of Perrier Jouet to take to our stateroom. Not having it is not a deal breaker for us but we will miss it.

BTW- We booked the Prestige Package this afternoon for our cruise this coming February. The price was still $54.95.

SWMbI and moi began our wine trek in the Napa Valley far too many moons, weeks, years, decades, eons ago to be comfortably contemplated. :eek:

We now spend most of our vine/vino time in the upper Sonoma Valley: i.e. Dry Creek and Alexander Valleys. Two of our absolute favorites are Ductcher Crossing and Seghesio Wineries. Our personal tastes strongly run to the fine Zinfandels they produce.

Chat Kat: Please share which Zinafandel you found on your previous Kon Tiki ride that tickled your palate enough to buy several bottles.

Thankee kindly,

JMBobB

B.S. This may save my achin' back if not my wallet at the airline counter when they ask why I'm bringin' lead weights with me. :cool:

Two of our absolute favorites are Ductcher Crossing and Seghesio Wineries. Our personal tastes strongly run to the fine Zinfandels they produce.

Chat Kat: Please share which Zinafandel you found on your previous Kon Tiki ride that tickled your palate enough to buy several bottles.

Thankee kindly,

JMBobB

B.S. This may save my achin' back if not my wallet at the airline counter when they ask why I'm bringin' lead weights with me. :cool:

We love those two ,,,Rombauer makes an exceptional Zin. We were able to get Duckhorn on one of our cruises and Nickel and Nickel as well.

Wow! I'll see your "somewhat inappropriate" and raise you to "outrageous." If nothing else, this thread documents inconsistency, poor communications, lack of responsiveness, and outright misinformation (I haven't seen any other "champagnes" listed either). To say nothing of Mr. K's apparent lack of interest in acknowledging some of the specific concerns posted here. So on top of that we get snark? If I wanted corporate snark, I would have stayed with Holland. This whole thing has been a highly disillusioning experience -- not the P-J issue so much, Mr. K., but what this "dialogue" appears to reveal about Oceania. Truly sad at all this. Not the mood in which we were hoping to anticipate our first O experience.

Really do not understand where your point of view is coming from. We took our first Oceania cruise in May. After our cruise, I read posts from people who have sailed Oceania and could not believe what I was reading. For instance, more than one person indicated that Perrier Jouet was included. I figured that I must be blind and stupid because there is no way that Perrier Jouet appeared on the list we saw. It may certainly appear on a list -- but not for those passengers with a "package".

There is a television show that tests people's memory. It is amazing how many things -- from car accidents that have been witnessed to things that happen in everyday life are not what you recall. Have you ever heard your significant other tell a story that you want to correct (or do correct) because you are positive that it did not happen the way they are saying it did? My point is ....... unless you can prove something, it is better not to trust your memory.

If I remember correctly, the wine and alcohol list for those of us with the Premium package was the same in all dining venues.

It really bothers me that Mr. Kamlani is being blasted on this thread. He has been so forthcoming with information on both the Oceania and Regent boards. Most of us really appreciate the information that he provides. And, to read these things from people who have either never sailed on Oceania or have not sailed on Oceania within the past year, is astounding!

Freddie: The only "waffling and appalling lack of clarity with regard to this issue" is from the posters.

I have the highest regard for Mr. Kamlani and Mr. Del Rio. If I did not believe what they say, I certainly would not be a customer on Oceania and Regent

Really do not understand where your point of view is coming from. We took our first Oceania cruise in May. After our cruise, I read posts from people who have sailed Oceania and could not believe what I was reading. For instance, more than one person indicated that Perrier Jouet was included. I figured that I must be blind and stupid because there is no way that Perrier Jouet appeared on the list we saw. It may certainly appear on a list -- but not for those passengers with a "package".

There is a television show that tests people's memory. It is amazing how many things -- from car accidents that have been witnessed to things that happen in everyday life are not what you recall. Have you ever heard your significant other tell a story that you want to correct (or do correct) because you are positive that it did not happen the way they are saying it did? My point is ....... unless you can prove something, it is better not to trust your memory.

If I remember correctly, the wine and alcohol list for those of us with the Premium package was the same in all dining venues.

It really bothers me that Mr. Kamlani is being blasted on this thread. He has been so forthcoming with information on both the Oceania and Regent boards. Most of us really appreciate the information that he provides. And, to read these things from people who have either never sailed on Oceania or have not sailed on Oceania within the past year, is astounding!

Freddie: The only "waffling and appalling lack of clarity with regard to this issue" is from the posters.

I have the highest regard for Mr. Kamlani and Mr. Del Rio. If I did not believe what they say, I certainly would not be a customer on Oceania and Regent

So, I'm a "waffler"??

I have taken two Oceania cruises since the packages were introduced and took the Prestige Select on both occasions. On both I queried whether P-J was included as it sits at the top of the by the glass list and was told it was. Oceania's UK office have also confirmed this as recently as Friday, and others here have had similar responses from various Oceania sources.

Have we all been imagining things???

Maybe it was never O's intention to include champagne (and I mean the real stuff....from the Champagne region of France) and the interpretation of the policy was not as intended across the company. If so, an admission of error and an apology would be in order.

I don't like to be told that P-J was never served as part of the Prestige Select package, when for many of us loyal Oceania cruisers it clearly was.....it's as good as being called a liar, and it's really poor customer service!

It's 445am here in London and am regretting checking this thread on the way to work, and boy, do I have that Monday morning feeling today!!

I dont think MR K would intentionally mislead any one. But last year we cruised a few times on marina and PJ and beringer zinfandel were in the drinks package. We did TA crossing this year in april and PJ and BZ were NOT in package and have not been since. :)

So' date=' I'm a "waffler"??

I have taken two Oceania cruises since the packages were introduced and took the Prestige Select on both occasions. On both I queried whether P-J was included as it sits at the top of the by the glass list and was told it was. Oceania's UK office have also confirmed this as recently as Friday, and others here have had similar responses from various Oceania sources.

Have we all been imagining things???

Maybe it was never O's intention to include champagne (and I mean the real stuff....from the Champagne region of France) and the interpretation of the policy was not as intended across the company. If so, an admission of error and an apology would be in order.

I don't like to be told that P-J was never served as part of the Prestige Select package, when for many of us loyal Oceania cruisers it clearly was.....it's as good as being called a liar, and it's really poor customer service!

It's 445am here in London and am regretting checking this thread on the way to work, and boy, do I have that Monday morning feeling today!![/quote']

The quoting function has gotten it wrong. I never posted what is cited -- the whole "Really do not understand....." posting -- that came from Travelcat2, not me. Check the thread. As far as I can tell, I'm one of the troublemakers in this discussion, having criticized Mr. K based on the reported memories - which I totally believed - of prior cruisers, as well as his seeming evasion of points raised by other posters in this discussion, and the whole lack of specificity and inconsistent application of whatever rules may govern the Prestige package.

We were on Nautica in March and the beverage manager was reviewing the bar menu and discovered that Bloody Mary's were not on the bar menu. Now I guarantee you that a number of Bloody Mary's have been served to individuals on the Beverage Package even though they were not on the bar menu (and yes, I did check the bar menu after he told me this and Bloody Mary's were not on it). Is it possible, that PJ was being served even though it was not on the bar/wine by the glass menu? If so, both Mr. K and the individuals who posted they received PJ are correct. I do believe that an assessment was being done to determine what was being served vs what was on the menus and it has now been modified.

Cenia

We were on Nautica in March and the beverage manager was reviewing the bar menu and discovered that Bloody Mary's were not on the bar menu. Now I guarantee you that a number of Bloody Mary's have been served to individuals on the Beverage Package even though they were not on the bar menu (and yes, I did check the bar menu after he told me this and Bloody Mary's were not on it). Is it possible, that PJ was being served even though it was not on the bar/wine by the glass menu? If so, both Mr. K and the individuals who posted they received PJ are correct. I do believe that an assessment was being done to determine what was being served vs what was on the menus and it has now been modified.

Cenia

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner.

Cenia

Good Lord! $18. a glass champagne is one thing, but it would never have occurred to me that something as pedestrian as a Bloody Mary wouldn't be included either! Eagerly awaiting something definitive.

Good Lord! $18. a glass champagne is one thing, but it would never have occurred to me that something as pedestrian as a Bloody Mary wouldn't be included either! Eagerly awaiting something definitive.

Come on, mistakes happen. We are all human. I don't think there was ever the intent to not include Bloody Mary's and if I were a betting woman I would bet that Bloody Mary's are now on the menu.

Cenia

Here is the sample bar menu as of this morning:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/wine-lists/Bar-Menu.pdf

Champagne & Wine

by the glass

champagne & sparkling

House Selection Sparkling Wine

Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut, Epernay, France

Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut, North Coast, California

Ruffino Prosecco, DOC, Treviso, Veneto, Italy

Come on, mistakes happen. We are all human. I don't think there was ever the intent to not include Bloody Mary's and if I were a betting woman I would bet that Bloody Mary's are now on the menu.

Cenia

Compliments of Post #119, just checked the Bar Menu. Interestingly, no Bloody Mary. Strange.

BTW- We booked the Prestige Package this afternoon for our cruise this coming February. The price was still $54.95.

Same here. :)The agent with whom I spoke said the price increase would take place on the 18th (I assume of this month, but I did not specifically ask).

Cenia

What is painfully obvious is that Oceania did an extremely poor job in rolling out this program and that the home office and the ships themselves are not communicating. This communications issue seems to be company wide with identified issues on this as well as the Regent boards that mostly seem to revolve around poor communications. The home office seems to believe what they wanted the program to include. The ships as well as the Southampton office appear to be operating to different inclusions than Miami wants. While the promised list that is to be posted on the O website this week will help, it's not the total answer.

As has been reported, there appears to be different lists on board the various ships as well as locations on the ships. Putting a comprehensive list on line of included wines, liquor, beer, champagne, etc. while a start does not provide this information to those who are not on the internet nor those who don't look at the O website on a regular basis. Also doesn't solve added and deleted on board items which do change as well as items picked up by the ship in various ports that won't be on the list.

Is O going to update the website every time something changes or a new item is brought aboard and in addition remove all of the onboard lists and print new ones?? Sounds like a never ending nightmare to keep up to date and inform all of the passengers.

Not sure what other cruise lines do for their inclusive liquor programs but, O really needs to address the whole set of issues including a lack of adequate communications and figure out something that will avoid more issues like this. Simply putting a list on the O website will NOT solve this issue.

Hope the bosses are reading all of these comments and suggestions and react accordingly.

So I thought at this point (probably should have done it earlier) it would be interesting to ask my "Personal Vacation Consultant" at Oceania for whatever information he had on the "official definition" of the Prestige package. The following is copied from his response:'

"Prestige Select Package -Champagne, Wine by Glass, Beer, and Spirits- Open Bar

$59.95 per guest per day-New price effective 9/18 beginning on above sailings (Gratuity Included)-

· Premium House Wine, beer and Open Bar.

· Includes Room Service

· Does not Apply to mini bars

· Wine is served by the glass-not bottles· Includes all beverages on the bar menu with the

exception of Remy Martin Louis XIII.

· Includes a daily selection of Red and White which changes with lunch daily.-(Blush or White Zinfandel is the same daily)

· Guest cannot request specific wines by name/type from previous days. (This package is designed around the concept of daily "House Wine" selected by Oceania.)

· This package can be pre-booked through the call center, online or purchased onboard at Reception.

· Guest can purchase up to the third day of the cruise for all remaining days of that voyage

· No refunds are allowed - once the guest is onboard.· No refunds are allowed for remaining days in a

package.

· Package begins with Embark day through the last

complete day of each voyage- (Does not include Debarkation day)· Guests cannot downgrade this package from "B" to "A" once they are onboard.· The package will be reflected by code "BIB" that will be printed on their WorldCard.

· No signature is required for bar purchases.

Please note that with the Prestige Select Package the alcohol in the refrigerated mini bar is not included as part of the Open Bar. "

Still kind of wondering what "open bar" really, really means. Based on the experiences reported in this thread, "open bar" seems to mean whatever a particular beverage manager or bartender thinks it means on that ship at that time.

I truly don't understand why O just doesn't put together a Bar Menu with a nice discreet little asterisk or something next to anything that is - or isn't - included in the beverage package, and be done with it. And I'm hoping the Bloody Mary question gets resolved before March.

So I thought at this point (probably should have done it earlier) it would be interesting to ask my "Personal Vacation Consultant" at Oceania for whatever information he had on the "official definition" of the Prestige package. The following is copied from his response:'

"Prestige Select Package -Champagne, Wine by Glass, Beer, and Spirits- Open Bar

$59.95 per guest per day-New price effective 9/18 beginning on above sailings (Gratuity Included)-

· Premium House Wine, beer and Open Bar.

· Includes Room Service

· Does not Apply to mini bars

· Wine is served by the glass-not bottles· Includes all beverages on the bar menu with the

exception of Remy Martin Louis XIII.

· Includes a daily selection of Red and White which changes with lunch daily.-(Blush or White Zinfandel is the same daily)

· Guest cannot request specific wines by name/type from previous days. (This package is designed around the concept of daily "House Wine" selected by Oceania.)

· This package can be pre-booked through the call center, online or purchased onboard at Reception.

· Guest can purchase up to the third day of the cruise for all remaining days of that voyage

· No refunds are allowed - once the guest is onboard.· No refunds are allowed for remaining days in a

package.

· Package begins with Embark day through the last

complete day of each voyage- (Does not include Debarkation day)· Guests cannot downgrade this package from "B" to "A" once they are onboard.· The package will be reflected by code "BIB" that will be printed on their WorldCard.

· No signature is required for bar purchases.

Please note that with the Prestige Select Package the alcohol in the refrigerated mini bar is not included as part of the Open Bar. "

Still kind of wondering what "open bar" really, really means. Based on the experiences reported in this thread, "open bar" seems to mean whatever a particular beverage manager or bartender thinks it means on that ship at that time.

I truly don't understand why O just doesn't put together a Bar Menu with a nice discreet little asterisk or something next to anything that is - or isn't - included in the beverage package, and be done with it. And I'm hoping the Bloody Mary question gets resolved before March.

What you posted above is mostly what I saw when we were on board in May. They did not have a daily red and white wine at lunch that changed. It was actually simple..... there is a bar menu -- everything is included except "Remy Martin Louis XIII". There is also a page of included wines. This did not change throughout the voyage and was the same in each lounge and dining venue. While we were not crazy about the wine selections, the spirits menu had anything we would have asked for in a regular lounge.

Here is the sample bar menu as of this morning:

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/documents/wine-lists/Bar-Menu.pdf

Champagne & Wine by the glass

champagne & sparkling

House Selection Sparkling Wine

Perrier-Jouët Grand Brut, Epernay, France

Schramsberg Mirabelle Brut, North Coast, California

Ruffino Prosecco, DOC, Treviso, Veneto, Italy

Looks like they sorted it out. Very pleased that PJ is included. Bloody Marys must be an oversight. Told my TA not to cancel the Prestige packages on our two upcomming cruises.

Archived