Princess intranet on Royal

DoulaAnn

The last I saw any discussion of the intranet, no one on the Royal seemed to know how to get it working. Has this issue been fixed? I am really hoping it works, as having the Patter on my cell phone is SO much easier than carrying it.

The last I saw any discussion of the intranet, no one on the Royal seemed to know how to get it working. Has this issue been fixed? I am really hoping it works, as having the Patter on my cell phone is SO much easier than carrying it.

It is really easier to carry a cell phone around all day than a folded page of paper?

It is really easier to carry a cell phone around all day than a folded page of paper?

Although I love technology, the last thing I want to worry about is losing my iphone as I am out and about on the Royal. For example if I want to get in the pool or a hot tub, then I have to worry about who is watching my phone. I leave it in the safe, and carry my highlighted patter!!

As much as the Intranet on Royal Princess is probably a really neat feature I'd still opt to have the Patter's daily schedule folded up in my back pocket. Just a personal preference.

Its easy, turn on wifi, open your phones internet browser and put royal.princess.com in the address bar.

It is very usefull, especially for those last minute activity changes, easy to use ship map, venues are marked, so when it's time for trivia it will show you where you have to go.

You can also view your onboard account on it and it updated within seconds of you buying something. It is therefore also easy to spot if something was charged to your account by mistake. If you are in the piazza and someone on lido orders a drink and it goes to your account by mistake you know that you didnt buy it...

The only problem there was with it on the maiden voyage is that the code needed for your onboard account access via intranet was not pronted on the card, but it was on all others (blue, ruby, platinum). They should have fixed that by now.

Dont write it off without trying it.

You can also view your onboard account on it and it updated within seconds of you buying something. It is therefore also easy to spot if something was charged to your account by mistake. If you are in the piazza and someone on lido orders a drink and it goes to your account by mistake you know that you didnt buy it...

Hi SwissDave,

That exact thing happened to me on Ruby Princess this past December and the only way I found out was when I went to the kiosk next to the guest relations desk and printed out my account halfway through the cruise. They had to pull the receipt from that bar and check the signature against the one on my passport. It took just over a day to clear the error. I wasn't a happy camper that a stranger could actually bill something to my account that easily, but they did take care of it.

:D

The only problem there was with it on the maiden voyage is that the code needed for your onboard account access via intranet was not pronted on the card, but it was on all others (blue, ruby, platinum). They should have fixed that by now.

That'll teach me to post before I have had coffee...

What I meant to say was the code was not printed on Elite cards, it was ok on blue, ruby, gold, platinum.

(and not pronted either :) )

That'll teach me to post before I have had coffee...

What I meant to say was the code was not printed on Elite cards, it was ok on blue, ruby, gold, platinum.

(and not pronted either :) )

What does the code look like? A series of numbers? Numbers and letters? Other?

To sign on do you need info other than the code or can someone finding a lost cruise card sign on and look at your account?

What does the code look like? A series of numbers? Numbers and letters? Other?

To sign on do you need info other than the code or can someone finding a lost cruise card sign on and look at your account?

It is a series of numbers on the back of the card located on top edge towards the right hand side. Those are required for creating the login to your account. You still need to specify your cabin number etc when you create the account (just ike buying internet minutes) so if someone finds your card they will not be able to access your account from their phone unless they know your other details.

For people that use an Ipad to read it won't mean carrying an extra anything.

It'll just be more convenient.

I actually think it may be the very first time (with almost 30 cruises under our belt) that my husband may actually look at the Patter! I (who still likes the paper Patter and will continue carrying it around with me!) am THRILLED not to be the human activity reminder anymore! :D

I carry my smart phone, mini iPad, or Nexus 7 around much of the time. I read books, take pictures, play games, etc. It will be helpful to check patter, on board account, etc.

I too carry my iPhone with me all the time unless I'm going to the pool, so it is easier to use the intranet than carry the Patter.

I think if I had an iPad or Nexus 7 etc. I'd probably be more apt to use the Intranet. I do carry my iPhone with me in my back pocket literally every waking moment on a cruise just in case I need to grab a quick picture and my camera is not hanging around my neck. Don't get me wrong, I'll still carry the Patter in my (other) back pocket too but having my iPhone with me will provide a very nice backup just in case I leave the Patter laying in my stateroom or in the Horizon Court. ;)

It is a series of numbers on the back of the card located on top edge towards the right hand side. Those are required for creating the login to your account. You still need to specify your cabin number etc when you create the account (just ike buying internet minutes) so if someone finds your card they will not be able to access your account from their phone unless they know your other details.

Seems overly complicated. Wonder why they did not just let you sign up for this the same way they do for Internet access. No special series of numbers needed.

No it really isn't...

But it's way easier than carrying around a folded Patter, an accordion Deck Plan, my Travel Insurance Policy, my Roll Call list, a flashlight, ten-plus paperback novels, a watch, a camera, a video camera...

And since avidly reading PescadoAmarillo, I have a LifeProof case and will enjoy all of the above even in a hot tub! Relaxing AND reading, that's "an important part of this complete vacation!" :D

Archived